It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Michelle Obama trying to get kids to grow vegetables.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It is shocking, to hear of growing food properly in this day and age. The 21st century; the century of the Double-Quarter-Pounder.
Everyone's so used to monosodium glutamate & aspartame & fructose-glucose, i could see how this could seem alien to them. It might be more difficult than opening a Twinkie wrapper, but people would be able to veer off from the overpriced food industry onto homegrown food, old-school style.
Damn, people might not be fat as f#%! anymore. That would be scary. The golden arches won't bring joy & prosperity to the people who are keeping our world hungry on one side and wasteful on the other.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Wouldn't want your children expecting you to prepare and cook and proper meal now would we? How dare she threaten your lazy ass by putting your kids off Happy Meals.....

Seriously, what is the issue? She's your presidents wife. The first lady. Kids will be all "wow, this really important grown up has said this is fun. Maybe we should listen". Then they go ahead and learn that there is more to life than Twinkies. What a horror.

Both my children, I'm proud to say, LOVE fruit and vegetables. If weaned with them and fed them regularly from an early age they all do. Kids not eating veg is always ENTIRELY the parents fault.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

Maybe, just Maybe she is trying to teach inner city children how to finds ways to grow some vegies? and this is an odd / peculiar thing because????

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by teotwawki77
My kid was watching disney channel and kids are searching for old pots and pans to grow veggies. Sure I encourage it but why is the presidents wife. I dont buy that healthy eating crap. Especially when they are using pots and pans to grow them in the commercial. Saying all you need is dirt sunlight and pots something to grow them in sounds like a survival tactic to me. Is it because monsanto is contaminating all the seeds or is because the price of vegetables is ridiculous.

You should read "Limits to Growth" if you have the chance, or you can read this: dieoff.org...

In the future we might all have to learn how to fend for our selves because we have depleted the energy sources that makes our life so easy today.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I would Imagine she is teaching our youth today how to start a garden for the same reasons my aunts and uncles taught me when i was a child.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
she better not be using MY tax dollars to support this stinky "liberal" agenda! the nerve of some people!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Its because she knows this will be needed to survive if drama occurs. I actually like the idea and it teaches the kids to like veggies...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think someone has been on ATS for too long.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Growing veggies is good im not against it im growing hydro veggies right now with organic fertilizer and sving heirloom seeds. My beef is its coming from the Obama,s who are scewing up this whole country the only good she is going to do is possibly teach five or six kids to start a garden that is going to die in a week or two without proper care. The video looked like a survival garden its great for kids but are they admitting that things are going to be so bad that you have to have a garden to survive because of their killing the economy its ironic coming from her and her ciggarete smoking hypocrit husband.

Face facts kids do not give a # about vegetables thats why I do the education I would expect that video from Les Strouds wife not the president.

Personally almost everything in the grocery store is dangerous. Your fruits and veggies are gm and have preservatives in them shipping them from mexico in the wintertime. Organic is so high people cant afford it.
And the Gov is putting restrictions on organic gardens unable to sale them without gov approval and insane taxes and regulations to qualify for organic. Why doesnt that bitch tell the kids they have no future and better build a survival shelter next because that is where its going. Yea they better be damn good gardeners because they have no future because of the soory ass gov in this country.

Its a shame we cant even trust the companies that grow food we might as well go back to the dark ages.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Chapter 1, THE EPISTLE TO THE PARANOIDS

--Lord Omar

1. Ye have locked yerselves up in cages of fear--and, behold, do ye now complain that ye lack FREEDOM!

2. Ye have cast out yer brothers for devils and now complain ye, lamenting that ye've been left to fight alone.

3. All Chaos was once yer kingdom; verily, held ye dominion over the entire Pentaverse, but today ye was sore afraid in dark corners, nooks, and sink holes.

4. O how the darknesses do crowd up, one against the other, in ye hearts! What fear ye more that what ye have wroughten?

5. Verily, verily I say unto you, not all the Sinister Ministers of the Bavarian Illuminati, working together in multitudes, could so entwine the land with tribulation as have yer baseless warnings.

-Page 69, Principia Discordia

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It is an important skill and very interesting to do. Everyone should know where their food comes from. Including filleting fish and plucking chickens.

This society is too insulated from reality.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

it probably is because she knows somthing most of us dont children are our future they may need to know these things the problem is when she emerges from the bunker after it is all over she will want to reap the harvest because theirs will be depleted

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Its to get them to eat them, and actually know where they come from, I know kids that think milk is made in a factory, not comes from cows.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join