It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Michelle Obama trying to get kids to grow vegetables.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
OMG, i shall now alert every parent in the UK and warn them that Blue Peter (tv show for kids) has been trying to get kids active, eat healthy and try to learn about plants and fruits from an early age for the past 52 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

And a lemonade stand in some places. Now if the kids grow their own lemons and sell the lemonade, thus completely vertically integrating their business, they will get seriously jammed up.
edit on 29-3-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

link   
I concur with a few others here that this is a sinister plot.

The CIA has developed a listening device that works through any vegetable. A vegetable in every house will allow them the big brother control they crave....

Or she is just trying to do something constructive for kids. I could go either way.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Amazing how regardless how good the intentions of anybody in elected office, people still find issues with it.

Complain about them doing good and complain about them doing bad. I think she's doing the kids of this country a service (and no I am not an Obama supporter) and to state otherwise is kind of silly.

Her program for children is a GOOD thing, regardless of whether it's because of a SHTF scenario or just because they want kids to eat healthier. Obesity is an epidemic in western culture and must be addressed, and I don't see anybody else doing it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by teotwawki77
I personally have a huge garden and chickens because im not paying that much for food and I make my kids participate do you think they like vegetables hell no. I do it out of necessity people do not see how bad things really are I dont trust her telling anything or her lying husband. Ill tell you this its cheaper to buy a 100 cans of ravioli and the kids will live forever. Not to mention one tomatoe plant is $3.33 at wal mart scam.

It's cheaper to buy 100 cans of ravioli?
There's a health cost to that, ravioli is only healthy when NOT from a can.
Hey, there's a use for the fresh vegies, make some ravioli......

This generation of kids now, is said to be the first generation of kids that have shorter lives than their parents.
It would do them some good to learn about real food, how to grow it, and cook with it.
Processed foods, made by corporations, full of preservatives, are one of the many reasons that many kids have health problems that used to be mainly just in the older generations

Maybe if more people ate fresher real food, healthcare costs would go down.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

I'm calling troll... you don't believe in that healthy eating crap??? WHAT??? There are some skeptical people here on ATS but you take the cake my friend! =)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

There's a health cost to that, ravioli is only healthy when NOT from a can.

That's not exactly true. There're added vitamins and stuff in some canned raviolis. It's almost certainly healthier when not from a can, but it's not a binary thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder why my grandchildren's elementary school have a school garden? And they've had it for years. I know! My little rinky dink school district was ahead of the curve in getting children to become zombie rhubarbs!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

maybe shes trying to teach what parents shoud have been teaching all along...since what?....50% of adults are overwieght or something like that? I bet they as "role models" were too lavy to even have introduced anything other than mcdonalds and candy bars...and NO!...french fries are not considered a vegatable...at least healthy ones..so maybe if the over weight adults satrted introducing healthier food,even if they want to keep eating garbage,the first lady wouldnt have to

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I recall an insurance case about 15 years ago where two companies were fighting over whose responsibility it was to clean up a toxic dump area several blocks from where the White House is located in D.C. I guess on my next invitation to the White House, I will politely pass on the vegetables.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

I'm calling troll... you don't believe in that healthy eating crap??? WHAT??? There are some skeptical people here on ATS but you take the cake my friend! =)

No... no troll just flat out dumb

wouldn't call him/her skeptical either just paranoid

maybe its the lack of vegetables rich in the good stuff in peoples diets these day that has lead to the huge increase in paranoid people, people need to stop living unhealthy inactive lifestyles and stop eating junk,

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

im all for healthy eating but i will not listen to anything the porch monkeys for president endorse have you seen the news lately take the blinders off.

A bit like shooting self in the foot, to spite the nose?

edit on 29-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Buddha1098

You take things out of context im all for healthy eating but i will not listen to anything the porch monkeys for president endorse have you seen the news lately take the blinders off.

Remove your conspiracy theory

Re-think things through and your see it nothing more than a healthy eating campaign otherwise i guess it does fit in with your 2012 scenario

Nothing to do with fat inactive unhealth kids eating junk tho, i would ask you to take the blinder of also

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Fact check illegal for kids to have bake sales because it is unhealthy.

Illegal to sell vegetables without a license.

Most vegetables are laced with pesticides built into their genetic codes to deter bugs that sounds healthy.

You buy those plants from wal mart genetically modified.

You are all stupid if you think the obamas give a # about your kids health.

NWO sock puppets

Go back to believing what the government tells you to do maybe they are right and some of you are just a waste of space taking all the oxygen from smart people.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Fact check illegal for kids to have bake sales because it is unhealthy.

Illegal to sell vegetables without a license.

Most vegetables are laced with pesticides built into their genetic codes to deter bugs that sounds healthy.

You buy those plants from wal mart genetically modified.

Heirloom seeds. No need to buy from Walmart or Monsato. Order online. Then save the seeds at harvest, and the following year costs nothing.
www.uppercanadaseeds.ca...
www.westcoastseeds.com...
www.cottagegardener.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yes,you are a very smart person. Your posts are concise, clear, and not at all impenetrable drivel. Your argument that 100 cans of ravioli can keep a child alive for eternity proves that you deserve much more oxygen than us.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Because it is a good skill, encourages children to get outside rather than playing video games all day and encourages eating healthy as well.

Sounds like a great thing to encourage kids to do.

Or do you think it is a bad thing?
edit on 29-3-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I think it's cause she has nothing better to do. Most 1st ladies like to tackle one specific problem area of society and bring attention to it, etc. Drugs, Schooling, Eating healthy instead of junk.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Lol get with the program, I did this in school when I was 10 years old, our class had our own veggie patch just outside our classroom. I tried to get myself some recognition from my classmates by eating a chilli freshly plucked off the chilli tree. I think the teachers shouldn't have let us grow a chilli plant, atleast not one that was so freakin hot

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join