It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scariest Phone Call Ever... EPA conversation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was on YouTube just now looking for recent news reports/events coming out of Japan and other areas. As I'm thumping through I see this video, and wow! E.P.A. is not giving information out at all. This is unacceptable! I will be calling the EPA tomorrow demanding an answer... and if you love your family you will do the same.

Here is that video/recorded phone conversation with the E.P.A. ie Environmental PROTECTION Agency. What an Outrage!!!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

aw she sounds so loving, shes just doing her job behind the desk!!!!!!!

the real EPA is the ones to get angry at

BUT that is retarded, the man does have a good point about not everyone being able to use the internet, and then they dont even have the proper information listed on their site.
edit on 29-3-2011 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Never trust the government to keep you safe .Buy a geiger counter to protect yourself.I did,I got two so I could double check or in case one breaks.The EPA doesn't care about you just like congress and Obama.They only care about themselves.Protect yourself.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I don't see what's not acceptable, if they can lie on the website they can lie on the phone. And seriously? Working outside? Settle down, I mean, you'd know if there was cause for alarm because all of japan would be evacuated by now.

Global panic attack? This is really crazy... I'm a health nut/hypochondriac and I'm not worried, there's a much better chance of people dying from heart attacks related to stress about this issue than there is of radiation poisoning.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Cocasinpry because: typos..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It doesn't have anything to do with the lady, as you say she's just doing her job. It's the fact EPA's OFFICIAL POLICY is to give out zero information so We The People can make informed decision to protect our families. If your and old person, you're just SOL? Or poor, blind, whatever your SOL, and that's EPA's official response. What an Outrage!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
"What if I was a 95 year old woman?" Best quote from what I saw!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
S&F'ed. Interesting exchange, and fairly disheartening to say the least.

I'm not sure I'm the least bit surprised, unfortunately. It'd be nice if the average American would realize how in the dark they really are.

The implications regarding whether the EPA is stonewalling or whether they're just unsure themselves, are far reaching in either scenario.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You think they have the resources to deal with millions of incoming call? Would you rather they do that than do their actual job? There's a website; if someone doesn't have internet they can go to the library or ask someone they trust.

Complaining about such things is a huge waste of energy.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

The underlying issue, my friend, is that the website in question didn't seem particularly useful, itself.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

If that's their official response now, then what will they do you when you are convinced things are really bad, not answer the phone? This is one guy calling in wanting to know and that lady was told don't say anything. That is outrageous in the extreme. How can you two be so cavalier about this, they work for us, we ain't out here to service them. This is completely unacceptable

--Charles Marcello

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
First off, I listened to the abusive idiot on the video... As a Canadian I am wondering why are Americans always in sucha state of PANIC, and are soo RUDE? (well not all Americans) THe lady was doing the best she could... and providing as much information that was available to her... treat everyone with dignaty and kindness man... this guy was a FREEKING JERK to her...like someone else said.. she was only doing her job.

I would rather have DOCUMENTED information that could be saved, as opposed to a lie on the phone.. Im sure many of you would agree...
and just for the RECORD, sounds like the guy has had over exopsure to radiation, he sounds like a mutated retarded asshole.

just sayin..
(Love from Canada)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Nonsense! Please hit # 6 for radiation levels in your region. Yes they can and damn well better do so, or what the hell are they good for?

--Charles Marcello

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by darrylss

Well it doesn't surprise me a Canadian wants to blame the "rude panicy American", you when people still do as you're told and still believe one person is more divine then another... while we Americans kicked that stupidity to the curb over 200 years ago. The EPA was created for things just like this. They are supposed to be our countries mouth piece when or if our environment is in danger so people don't panic... another example would be, if there was another outbreak of swine flu or whatever and the CDC says, if you don't have a computer I guess you deserve to die!

--Charles Marcello
edit on 29-3-2011 by littlebunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
They are NOT going to tell us are they! No because there is nothing they can do about it.....

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
depending on the laws in your state, It can be illegal to record phone conversations if the other party is not aware of such recordings. I am not familiar with CO law, so maybe this guy isn't breaking the law. Either way, the EPA should try to be understanding of peoples concerns...maybe they don't even know the answers though.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

First of all-I didn't think he was abusive at all-he was saying "Thank you", "Ma'am",etc.
Second, you have to understand the guy who recorded this makes tons of sarcastic YouTube vids-that's his "shtick"....
I suppose they don't have any jerks in Canada, huh? Of course not-only Americans are evil....
Amazing how every thread no matter what the topic somehow gets turned into an America bashing thread....yawn

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Are you serious? That caller was calm and polite and in no way did i think he was abusive.You guys in America are so screwed.Head down to the library for your latest info and pick up a book like 'On the beach' by Nevil Shute ,Oh and a lead suit on the way just to be safe.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
if in doubt, the epa website has already given answers to radiation levels and it's concern for united states, should they also be responsible in sticking a monitor directly on the people not trusting those statements made by epa readings just so those who don't understand can verify whats being told.

if your health is an issue and believe your being radiated, why not just go to your local doctor and get them to provide any evidence needed for confirmation and proof. pretty sure health organizations wouldn't want irradiated persons running around the streets to begin with either.

yosemite.epa.gov...!OpenDocument

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Whoever this jerk is talking to the nice lady on the phone should be a little nicer you seem extremely rude the lady's just trying to do her job and you're harassing her
edit on 29-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

no i totally under stand, but the tone of voice that man used threw me off at the start to tell you the truth, but the argument he was portraying is very accurate

top topics

<<   2 >>

join