It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else believe the mind is god??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have only just opened up to this way of thinking that actually 'god' is in our minds. I really believe that the majority of people do not realise just how powerful the human mind is and what you can achieve should you unlock it. What we have in our heads is far more powerful than any super computer that exists anywhere on Earth, infact I doubt and human could replicate the power of the human mind it is that great.

I cant wait to see the movie 'limitless' as its about exactly this, although the guy has to take a pill to unlock his. But anyone can achieve the same results as he does if they are willing to believe in themselves and put in the hardwork. If anyone can offer me any tips on openiing up my mind further that would be very grateful.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Man was made in their image and our souls are split in 2 good and bad. If we stick with God He sticks with us but if we avoid him He doesnt reveal himself to us and our lives are miserable IMOP

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
other than meditation take whatever time you can to research the possibilities of the human mind. perception is a massive factor regarding the universe so when you can alter or improve your perception you can move on to a higher understanding of all things. "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All"
gonna stop cause this sounds a bit preachy and thats not what i want.
edit on 29-3-2011 by dockers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
God Is Existence.

Second Line.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dockers
other than meditation take whatever time you can to research the possibilities of the human mind. perception is a massive factor regarding the universe so when you can alter or improve your perception you can move on to a higher understanding of all things. "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All"
gonna stop cause this sounds a bit preachy and thats not what i want.
edit on 29-3-2011 by dockers because: (no reason given)

Why did you say "other then meditation"?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i said that as meditation is seen as the best way to improve the mind and body towards understanding but some people dont want to do it so was saying other than to meditate to try more research

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dockers
reply to post by Akragon

i said that as meditation is seen as the best way to improve the mind and body towards understanding but some people dont want to do it so was saying other than to meditate to try more research

Gotcha

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The human mind is indeed powerful but it sure ain't god.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
I have only just opened up to this way of thinking that actually 'god' is in our minds. I really believe that the majority of people do not realise just how powerful the human mind is and what you can achieve should you unlock it. What we have in our heads is far more powerful than any super computer that exists anywhere on Earth, infact I doubt and human could replicate the power of the human mind it is that great.

I cant wait to see the movie 'limitless' as its about exactly this, although the guy has to take a pill to unlock his. But anyone can achieve the same results as he does if they are willing to believe in themselves and put in the hardwork. If anyone can offer me any tips on openiing up my mind further that would be very grateful.

I can consider our minds are you say it, are God. I have read a theory, in it it describes how we are energy extensions of the creator, and the creator is expereincing self through me-you-mankind.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wlmgsmn

Sounds like the book "Conversations with God". Very good book too.

Recently, I came across a theory that we, the human race and everything around us, are just a computer sim, much like the game "The Sims". As far as religeon goes, it is most deffinently a cop-out, but in all actuality it makes more sense to me than any other religeous mumbo-jumbo I've ever read.

Here's a link

www.simulation-argument.com...
edit on 29-3-2011 by KewlDaddyFatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
whats not god....

kx

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

No God exists in his own right. Or, as one other poster put it "God is existence" We as humans are receivers of existence.As far as the mind is concerned, The human mind has two faculties of intellect and will by which it can enter into conscious and determined relationship with all that is.God would be a recipicant and vise versa.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join