It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Michio Kaku Warns on Multiple Meltdown in Japan Will be Worse Than Chernobyl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Dr Michio Kaku comments on his perspective of the nuclear crisis in Japan.

The main point, however, from the workers perspective, is that radiation levels are 1,000 milliseverts/hour. That does not change at all with this new calibration. This means that workers will come down with radiation sickness within only 15 minutes of exposure. Some workers will die after 6 hours of exposure. The meaning of all this is: if radiation levels continue to rise, and one day all workers are forced to evacuate, it means that the accident will be in free fall.

bigthink.com... _Newsletter_Promotion_3_29_2011&utm_medium=email
edit on 29-3-2011 by kalenga because: spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Right I had placed in another thread on Dr. Kaku today:

Om...

DR Kaku states this is far worse than 3 mile island and potentially worse than Chernobyl.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
it takes one of the worlds best minds to come up with that? I figured that one out all by my self long ago. Doesn't take a rocket scentist to see whats going on, oh and incase people havn't noticed, the media is lying to you- they are not your friend

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

I believe we all know this, it is good to have confirmation. To have 4 nuclear reactors in that condition, yes it will go down as earths worse known disaster....

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is far from over. The media should be making this more prominent. They will HAVE to soon... especially since they now think one reactor has breached its containment.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If the fallout is reaching the US, Finland, Iceland, and now Glasgow and Oxford, then why is there not so much talk about the fallout in Japan? There is a cover up and the people of Japan if you live there, get out as you are in a melting pot with only one outcome?
I will pray that this never happens but my gut instinct is that this will end as the worst nuclear accident in history.
I am saying a prayer for the poor workers trying to contain this at their peril.
I imagine them writing their last letter to their loved ones as they know their exposure is irreversible.
Will they get a posthumous hero's remembrance when this is all over?
The Japanese are mild and meek and will not admit this is a major global problem?
My question is: Why doesn't the US and the rest of the world get involved in helping them, like they are doing in Libya, Egypt, Afghanistan etc.....
Maybe because there is no oil there to protect?

edit on 30-3-2011 by kalenga because: additions

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xaphoocom

You are right, but you are not paid the big dollars for your opinion, so the sheep wont notice it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Where one of the reactors is breached and the rods are now lying on the concrete floor below ,what happens next do they start to melt their way through the ground until they cool or disintegrate ? Is there any precedence for this ? if so what happened? Or are we in completely uncharted waters now.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

As others above have said... We knew this already. The lies and the cover-ups are melting away as the truth comes out. I said, the day it happened, that it will be a 7+ on that silly scale of theirs. More like an 8 or a 9.

Others suggested I was fearmongering. But I saw what happened and the number of reactors...and though I too don't make the big bucks, I could see the writing very clearly on the walls.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Is Kaku for real? "May" be worse than Chernobyl??? MAY be??? There will be no "getting it under control." We will abandon these. Level 8, for sure. "May" be level 9.

Best if we abandon nuclear energy altogether and usher in plenum energy.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Not everyone is happy with Dr. Kaku's assessments....

Michio Kaku, a theoretical physicist from the City College of New York who studies string theory, is also out of his depth when it comes to nuclear reactors. He’s not a nuclear engineer, and yet that hasn’t stopped him making borderline hysterical statements during interviews. Kaku claimed, for example, that a ‘China Syndrome’ was possible, that the ‘(Chernobyl) vessel and roof blew out simultaneously’—factually incorrect on both counts: Chernobyl-type RBMK reactors have no reactor pressure vessel.

Why Fukushima Isn’t Like Chernobyl - Page 3

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Not everyone is happy with Dr. Kaku's assessments....

Michio Kaku, a theoretical physicist from the City College of New York who studies string theory, is also out of his depth when it comes to nuclear reactors. He’s not a nuclear engineer, and yet that hasn’t stopped him making borderline hysterical statements during interviews. Kaku claimed, for example, that a ‘China Syndrome’ was possible, that the ‘(Chernobyl) vessel and roof blew out simultaneously’—factually incorrect on both counts: Chernobyl-type RBMK reactors have no reactor pressure vessel.

Why Fukushima Isn’t Like Chernobyl - Page 3

I hope this assessment is right. When Dr Kaku talks, I listen. I really hope this is right because if it is not and Dr. Kaku is right, we are in unknown territory.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I know, but thats where the rabbit hole begins. this is the kind of non sense that keeps me in human form and not advancing to higher states.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Kaku is the real deal. He's being attacked mainly for semantics, by people who don't know what they are talking about. On another site, I see he was attacked for saying the reactor vessel popped it's lid when the roof blew off in Chernobyl. People are saying "there was no vessel". Of course there was, it's just not the same sort of vessel seen in a BWR, PWR, or even CANDU. they all have different " containment vessels", none is exactly like the other, but they all have something. Chernobyl was lacking secondary containment, but looking at a BWR, it is so "leaky", it does not really have very good containment either, so I'm not sure that argument will wash for long...

He is using words like "may be", because otherwise he will be attacked again by all the apologists out there who are confused, and don't know what they are talking about. TMI was nothing compared to this, he's 100% correct, and I would suspect that overall, this will wind up being a worse event overall than Chernobyl if it ended today, and all the effects were added up retrospectively. The total mass of some isotopes released have already exceeded Chernobyl, and there is no end in sight.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I have been keeping up with Dr Kaku's blog on the website The Big Think as since the start of this disaster, he is the only one who seems to have the most info on what is going on.
If you read his back blogs you will read more info than you hear on the news etc.....?
I think he has a direct link to someone in Japan as he knows too much but he is responsible enough not to tell us to much, as I feel his info is only the tip of the iceberg?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Is he a reliable news source for breaking news? probably not but, if he says maybe this could be worse than Chernobyl I think he is saying it is going to be worse than that but just tip toeing enough so not to ruffle too many feathers. Even if he is being hypothetical, it still makes sense to listen to him.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

I follow his blog too and I am a fan. I'm glad he is giving his opinion on what is happening.

I am afraid however, that many will see his interviews on Japan as a way to promote his new book, which he is on a tour for now. What I think many that hold that view will over look the fact people want to know his opinion on what is happening. Even if he was sitting back saying everything's OK, that would make news too, then we would have articles written stating how that is wrong. He's a celebrity now, people will disagree with him because of that fact alone.

new topics

top topics

join