It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird story...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Maybe that was your soul telling you it did exist. But in a way that would shock/shake you. Obviously you haven't accepted or thought about it enough to accept this. Which is ok b/c it's just my opinion anyway but if I had to guess. You were trying to prove to yourself that you exist as a soul.

"I don't exist" "SHUT UP"

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Spirits sound like they are whispering even when they are shouting as loud as they can.
What do you base that conclusion on?

I'll tell you what was probably the most unsettling aspect of this event; the fact that I was half asleep. I was in the state between sleep and wake. I wasn't fully conscious but also not quite asleep. The Whisper gave me a quick jolt back into reality. I mean, it literally sounded like some a-hole walked up to my ear and whispered really loud directly into it whilst I was trying to sleep. It had the effect of suddenly waking me out of that trance type state. What made me even more freaked out was that as I fully awoke I realized I was chanting "you have no soul" in my head. I was like, "ok, maybe I better stop doing that"...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

You were trying to prove to yourself that you exist as a soul.
I believe very much in a soul (though I'm not a religious person), I have my reasons for believing in such a thing, and I don't care to explain myself to the skeptics. As I've said, I think I was more sort of just chanting this sentence for no particular reason, and if there was a reason, I don't think it was to prove anything to myself. I wasn't directing the words at myself, I remember a clear feeling that I was directing it outwards, possibly to a specific entity.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Maybe only you know the answer to this question.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

This is really weird that is exactly the way it was for me ,in fact not only was I in the half sleep half wake period,I was reading about this subject as well as watching a history channel show on the trances that shaman go into when meditating.There was one other thing I remember hearing was a loud popping sound or clap,did you hear that as well?Prior to reading about this I was never into meditating or anything along those lines,I'm just a regular mom and this was so far from the norm it freaked me out.Like I said before I have been waiting for someone to come on to ATS that has had a similar experience although I still don't have any answers,what do you think it is?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It was right, what a moronic thing to be saying over and over again to one's self. Why don't people have any control over their own thoughts, nor recognize how vitally important it is, and impactful, what they think about?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

This is really weird that is exactly the way it was for me ,in fact not only was I in the half sleep half wake period
I think that possibly might have something to do with it. If it was generated by our own minds, being in that state would really help. I can imagine sounds in my head that sound fairly real, but not as if they are coming from an outside source, and being spoken directly into my ear, that's why it freaked me out. But I think being in that state allows our minds to generate extremely realistic auditory and possibly even imagery, similar to a vivid dream, just not all the way asleep.

There was one other thing I remember hearing was a loud popping sound or clap,did you hear that as well?
Nope, I only heard the whisper.

Prior to reading about this I was never into meditating or anything along those lines,I'm just a regular mom and this was so far from the norm it freaked me out. Like I said before I have been waiting for someone to come on to ATS that has had a similar experience although I still don't have any answers,what do you think it is?
Yeah, it freaked me out too, but I'm actually inclined to believe I my mind generated it. I don't really know though, it very would could have been some sort of entity. I still believe meditating is good for your mind and soul either way, this event didn't really have an impact on me to be honest, except for just after it happened of course.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I don't believe my mind generated the voice,it was too audible,in other words if someone was standing next to me they would have heard it as well.I also believe there's so much we don't know such as other dimensions and where we go after death.....who knows? but I must say I am glad I'm not alone in this!
please let me know if it happens to you again..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join