It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird story...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well this is really weird, I think it was just a figment of my imagination, however I vaguely remember something similar happening to me when I was a lot younger. I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep at about 1am in the morning, and for some reason my thoughts led me to repeat "you have no soul" over and over again in my head. I don't know why I was saying it, I can't really remember now, sometimes I just repeat things in my head for no reason. Anyway, I was repeating this sentence over and over again my head for about a minute or so before the freakiest thing happened. I suddenly heard a voice whisper straight into me ear, but this was not a quiet whisper, it was like as loud as one could possibly whisper without talking or yelling, and sounded extremely genuine, as if a person literally just whispered into my ear. "It" said "SHUT UP", very suddenly, directly into my head/ear, it penetrated my head, the words were loud and crisp and made me instantly jump up and out of bed. I couldn't sleep for a while after that. I often read that the first signs of insanity can be hearing voices in your head, maybe I should lay of ATS for a while. As if....

EDIT: Mods feel free to move this to the paranormal forum or the short story forum or something, this may not have been this best forum choice, I wasn't sure.

edit on 29-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
lol Don't piss your soul off next time by saying it doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Strange.. Possibly, Your sub conscious trying to balance out, your conscious thoughts.. Or possibly a auditory hallucination..

You said this has happened before ? I'm no professional but perhaps if it harpings again you might want to ask a Expert, Or a doctor..

I would not mess around when it comes to mental health.. And what you have described here sounds to me a lot like a auditory hallucination..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Your signature tells us, or rather gives a hint of something. Is there more to this that what you just posted?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
are you sure this wasn;t a religous experience? or a spirtual awakening?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

You said this has happened before ? I'm no professional but perhaps if it harpings again you might want to ask a Expert, Or a doctor..
Oh, I'm not 100% sure if it's happened before, but I have some vauge memories that suggest maybe I've expreienced something similar before. I'm not expecting it to happen any time again soon though...if it does, I will definitely think about seeing a professional...

reply to post by Aliensun

Your signature tells us, or rather gives a hint of something. Is there more to this that what you just posted?
Nope, that's the entire story. What are you trying to get at if you don't mind me asking?

link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

is that supposed to be real life Hidan?

link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

One time that happened to me. But i kept repeating "Pizza... Pizza... Pizza... Pizza..." Then i heard the faint scream of my girlfriend saying "Shut The (snip) up!" It sacred me out of bed and into a crouching postion in the corner of the room
I wonder why you heard voices... You might want to go get checked into a hospital... Maybe you said it, but you just didn't realize it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

are you sure this wasn;t a religous experience? or a spirtual awakening?
All I know is it frightened me, and lasted a split second. Nothing really religious or like a spiritual awakening.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I recall when i was younger doing this kind of negative mantra in my mind. One for me was thinking about my parents" I wish they were dead". Well I didn't wish this at all. But just sometimes this sentence" I wish they were dead" would get stuck in my brain and repeat and repeat, over and over and over. I usually managed to tear my thoughts away from this and other negative mantras and have not had this specific problem for ages.

Having the whisper in your head? Maybe you just needed a little more help with your negative mantra than I did. If it was the other half or your brain talking to you or you are going mad or it was a spirit or it was God? Don't know.
Where ever the Shut Up came from it might be wise to not ignore it. I'm only guessing here.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

lol

Maybe you said it, but you just didn't realize it.
Nah, I'm pretty sure I said nothing. It was definitely not generated by my mouth, it was either spoken directly into my ear or communicated directly into my mind. Or my mind generated it on it's own, that's very possible. It just sounded so real, but I know the brain can do that.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Did you look at your shoulders to see if a devil was sitting on one and a angel was sitting on the other?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Just a piece of artwork of him.

OP, you probably entered a bit of a meditative state, or the cusp of it, and something may have been relayed to you, I don't know. I say this because you kept saying the same words over and over to yourself, which is what some people do during meditation.
edit on 29/3/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Probably your subconscious. I sometimes hear similar things, like all of a sudden in my head I'll hear my voice saying the most horrific things like headlines in a paper about murder, rape, and deaths and I can't control what's being said. A therapist told me its my sub conscious bring up old thoughts and memories. Funny thing is once I realize what's being said I can't seem to remember what the exact words were.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
That's kind of like how I spent every night as a little kid.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Having the whisper in your head? Maybe you just needed a little more help with your negative mantra than I did.
Well, it's not like I chant negative things in my mind on a constant basis. This was more of a one off thing, as I said, I can't remember exactly why I started repeating it, but I don't think I meant is as though I had no soul, I was directing it away from myself towards something else.

If it was the other half or your brain talking to you or you are going mad or it was a spirit or it was God? Don't know.
Haha, I don't think God would be whispering "shut up" into my head. I'm thinking perhaps a spirit, but I really don't know. I just found it odd, and worth sharing.

Where ever the Shut Up came from it might be wise to not ignore it. I'm only guessing here.
Well, at the time I really felt as though the voice was really pissed, like the tone of it wanted me to shut up right then and there, and I don't know what might have happened if I didn't stop. But I can tell you the tone of the voice and the realism of it instantly made me shut up. I wasn't going to test it.

reply to post by heyJude

Wow, that must have sucked balls.

edit on 29-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

Wow, that must have sucked balls.

Yeah, that's why I don't remember most of it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

No your not crazy,it has happened to me.I had 'someone"call my name in my ear and I know what it wasn't,it wasn't a physical person,nor was it a hallucination,and I know I'm completely sane.This was one of the reasons I joined this site,but unfortunately I don't have an answer for you.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Well that's odd, I certainly don't think I'm going insane. You know what they say, Whispers In The Dark can be very confusing.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What got my attention was how you described the voice, like a whisper but a loud whisper. Spirits sound like they are whispering even when they are shouting as loud as they can. It has something to do with the fact they are in a different realm or dimension or whatever and it takes a lot of energy for them to manifest themself visually or auditorily. It could be a spirit in your room just got fed up with your insults or your depressing point of view? And since you were in such a focused state repeating, chanting if you will, then you were able to reach into the other dimension and that`s why you could hear it/ it could hear you... Makes sense to me but who knows what it really was. Good luck though. Try chanting something positive and see what happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join