It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELENIN ...... Chile, Japan, and December 2012 earthquake to much coincidence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I've been torn between credible posters on ATS and serious scientists saying it's just a comet on the one hand, and this alignment / EQ correlation on the other.

I'm pretty sure that Elenin is not spelt ELEnin, does not stand for "Extinction-Level-Event-Nincompoop", and that ot all the world's astronomers have not been silenced by the Illuminati.

So I checked for myself significant EQs vs recent alignments, and yes, the 2 times that Earth has been between Elenin and the Sun there have been 2 massive EQs. Forget the NZ EQ / Elenin-Sun-Earth match, as there have been dozens of 7.0+ EQs since Chile with no alignment. But we could still say that Elenin-Earth-Sun with Chile and Japan is a match.

So waht is the probabilty that 2 8.0+ EQs should match an alignment?

There have been 52 8.0+ EQs since 1945, that is 1 every 463 days. So the odds of 2 alignment matches on days of big EQs is 463 x 463 = 1 in 214903, and that is assuming that we have an exact match to the day, and that only the Earth in the middle alignments count. If we have anonther 8.0+ on the next alignment then the odds will be 1 in 99 million!

What I can't find an answer to is what is going on with the other planets and the Moon. It seems that they don't have EQs except maybe Io. And they would be unlikely to be monitored in any case. We would have had an alignment with Mars in the middle 22th April 2010 and 26th April 2011, Venus 2nd June 2010 and Mercury 31/03/2011, amongst others.

Can anyone help with this? Just as manmade global warming can be disputed by observing similiar warming on the outer planets, perhaps we can confirm or reject the Elenin theory.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by akkad

The idea that earthquakes are associated with alignments has been tested for a long time and it has not been fruitful - until recently. It turns out that the Moon is associated with a few low intensity earthquakes that are not common. There are over a million quakes a year and they appear to be NOT influenced by any other celestial bodies other than the Moon.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Flagging so I can keep updated. The video i saw by terra103 or terral03 seemed to show similar evidence and he included the Up and down spectrum showing the dates and the 3d model as opposed to a 2d model. Whether this is simply coincedince or not i am am in no way an astronomer.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by akkad
I've been torn between credible posters on ATS and serious scientists saying it's just a comet on the one hand, and this alignment / EQ correlation on the other.

Yes, it's just a comet. And not a particularly noteworthy one at that - indeed there's no certainty it'll even become naked eye visible.

As for the alleged correlation of alignment and earthquakes: there are dozens of earthquakes every single day, and have been a great many 7+ mag quakes in the past year when there has been no apparent alignment. So there is no coincidence at all. Just cherry picking of data.

Anyway, come next year it'll be another comet and then another and in 2016 it'll be another and so on ....... the one thing about humans is that unlike anything else in the universe they're are very, very predicable.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just check HOW MANY freaking earthquakes that happens each single day....

earthquake.usgs.gov...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join