It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleister Crowley - In Search Of The Great Beast.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Yes, Aleister Crowley belongs to the devil.

Your choice..

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
OP, if you trust me with your email address, U2U me it and I will send you PDF's of all his works

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous

1. I cannot think of a circumstance more solitary than meeting one's maker at a seedy boarding house attended only by one's landlady.

The "seedy boarding house" you refer to was actually the beautiful Netherwood estate in the Hastings countryside. I think it would have been a charming place to live out one's last days. Here is a photo of it:

2. I'm not sure squirrelling away a couple hundred pounds while living in penury qualifies as ammassing a "small fortune".

I'm not sure if I would consider the amount of money needed to publish the book to be "a couple hundred pounds".

I hate to be pugnacious here but every account I have read credits Alan Bennett for introducing Crowley to opiates.

Crowley was prescribed heroin by a London doctor. At the time, the drug was used to treat asthma, from which Crowley suffered chronically. Bennett had aerly on been in favor of the mystical use of hashish and peyote, not heroin. However, Bennett, when he became a Buddhist monk, stopped using drugs, and he never introduced Crowley to any drug that he wasn't already familiar with.

So, having failed to refute my assertions with factual evidence

Isn't that precisely what I've done?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSon

I feel the kind of magik Crowley practiced was in some ways black or DARK if you wanna put it in that kind of context, but i'm guessing you practice magik by your post and if so we simply have a fundamental difference in beliefs, if you don't sorry for assuming so.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Kay, I concede.

second line
edit on 20-4-2011 by mistermonculous because: blarcgh.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

almost correct.
you got the parts on Will nicely but if it matters to anyone, Book of Thoth was the last book published while he was alive. Its a masterpiece from a book design angle alone.
And anyone who thinks 'Do What Thou Wilt' is the same as 'Do what you want' is not very intelligent or at best not trying very hard to understand the concept. Its been expounded nicely by masonic light already. Its about personal betterment which brings societal betterment. Not about evil or the wilful doing of ones base desires. Unless of course you discover through hard Work that that is your True Will but I kind of doubt that would really happen.

In short Thelema is the most truly democratic principle on the planet. No one has the right to interfere with anyone elses True Will. And if we all follow this and truly try to find our purpose, no strife really occurs.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Yes, if you want a direct path to tne devil, get into Aleister Crowley.

If tyou would like a driect path from the devil, avoid him.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I am just telling the truth.

If you go with evil, you abide with evil.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
way to misunderstand the point of his work completely.
the 'Devil' is equatable with lucifer who is equatable with prometheus. You dont hear anyone saying he was evil because he chose to disobey an Archon-like evil god who was angry that he was teaching and helping mere humans learn how to create fire, civilisation, writing and technology?
All i am saying is things are not as black and white as you think they are. And that all religions are so far flung from their origins of practical spirituality as to be laughable.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

If you read "Perdurabo: The Life of Aleister Crowley" by Richard Kaczynski, then you will discover all the rubbish in this "documentary". i have this dvd, and a good deal of it is sensationalized, English Tabloid rubbish.

www.amazon.com...

fyi the 'Bush Grandfather' was a rumor started on 4-1-06. this dvd was released 7-28-09.

www.youtube.com...
cannonfire.blogspot.com...
ac2012.com...

if anyone has already posted these links, my apologies. cheers! all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join