It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone heard a morse code, yesterday at night?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I didn't hear anything, GMT-6. I'll be listening tonight and I live in a very quiet bedroom community.
This just got me thinking, I remember seeing a show on TV years ago in which some ghost hunters would aim a video camera at a TV that was displaying the video the camera was recording. The resulting image was a series of TV screens within each other, the camera in other words looking an infinite distance though aimed at a TV only a few feet away. Supposedly when they looked at the recording frame by frame, they found some frames with disturbing images in them, whether or not ghosts I can't be sure.
So I've had this idea in which I do the same thing with audio, where a microphone is placed in close proximity to a speaker which is playing the very sound the microphone is recording. Obviously if the gain is too high, the well known squeal of acoustic feedback will be heard, but if the gain is turned just low enough to silence the acoustic feedback, this system should detect even the slightest sounds. The sounds could be recorded on your computer and then amplified to where you could hear them. Anybody ever try this? It might offer some details about hums and other mysterious sounds people hear.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
interesting story. i hear things to sometimes .about 3-4 times in a last month.i live in NEW YORK and sometimes this weird deep buzzing noise wake me up from deep sleep.it was between 2-3am. not longer than 30 min.i go outside walk my dog and hear it from above me.but can't see a thing. even my dog looks up to the sky like she knows it's coming from there! i have trouble sleeping too ,even tought i work hard ,and im use to pass out like a log lol

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
interesting story. i hear things to sometimes .about 3-4 times in a last month.i live in NEW YORK and sometimes this weird deep buzzing noise wake me up from deep sleep.it was between 2-3am. not longer than 30 min.i go outside walk my dog and hear it from above me.but can't see a thing. even my dog looks up to the sky like she knows it's coming from there! i have trouble sleeping too ,even tought i work hard ,and im use to pass out like a log lol

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
...I'm so freaking creeped out right now.

Yes, this happened to me as well. I can't figure out the timezone you're in to know if it was at the same time, but it was very recent and very noticeable. Exactly as you describe, a long electric kind of tone in just one ear. I don't think it was tinnitus, which I have experienced in the past. It really felt as if it was coming from a distance away from my ear rather than from inside it as tinnitus does. It wasn't broadcast outside at all -- I thought it was coming from something in the room or the apartment upstairs. There was an odd sensation with it as of...like if a television you're in the room with, but can't see or hear, is turned off and you can kind of hear the difference in live currents.

Frankly, if I read this claim from someone else I might not believe it, so I don't really expect anyone to believe me either, but *I* know it's true and it's *really* bizarre to see someone asking about it. It was just so odd at the time it happened. I could never forget that sound.
edit on 29-3-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Thank you all for telling.. I thought no one would reply. The date of the event I wrote was wrong, it was the 28th, not the 30th. I don't know why I wrote it wrong.

I would like to clarify the issue with the single ear. I was meaning that first, because I was trying to sleep and my head was touching the pillow, I heard it just with my right ear, but when I sit up I listened with both. Then I noticed it wasn't a sound from inside my ears or my head, as I said its direction was clear.

I'd say it had some metallic timbre. It sounded like this.

In the building in front of me there wasn't anyone in the windows. The sound wasn't accompained by anything. No light, no feeling on my skin, nor headache.. Just the sound.

I am going to record this night the whole night, and maybe next too. But I didn't heard it yesterday, so I doubt I'll hear it again.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Spinotoror because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The sound was audible at 1703 hrs in Fairfield, CT. It continued until 1725 when it started to die down. At 1730 the sound stopped completely. It was not a high pitch tone like others said. It sounded exactly like Morse code from a telegraph. I was using my iPad when I heard the noise. I had the headphones in. The sound was not loud. It was very difficult to hear. It must have been some sort of interference, either from a space station or a military operation. I am quite surprised that this was heard all over the world.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
First comment and post from me!

Heard some kind of high freq sound this morning, woke up hearing it in the room walked out to the balcony, nothing, to the other room, nothing only in my bedroom. Woke up my girlfriend and she only said "i cant hear anything go back to sleep"

It was High freq sound almost like you say morse code but you could barely hear the code only the freq sound.:

(I live in Sweden )
((reserve for bad english , its not my native language and i have 5 language and grama in my head haha))

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why was the sky "contaminated" ?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Maybe the morse is some time of automatic versus manual morse, possibly some type of LORAN signal that is ducting or attenuating in some way, electromagnetic waves can do some strange things, and with all the new solar and plate tectonic activity going on right now, you just might be hearing something like that. I heard a LORAN signal on my clock radio last month, and as far as I could tell, it was from Florida, and I'm in Colorado !

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I did not hear this sound on the 28th, but I did hear it last night/early morning (30th).

The sound I heard was a high pitch whine. Almost like I could feel it instead of hearing it. I know that doesn't make sense, but there it is. It didn't seem like morse code since it would last a while, stop, then start again instead of short spurts and stops. I was fully awake when it happened around 3 am. until about a quarter til 4 am. I have heard it many times before last night though.

Personal disclosure... I have had 7 operations on both ears with the last one being about 25 years ago. I can not be 100% sure that this has anything to do with it or not. However, the vibrations/noises only started occuring about 2 years ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I heard them too, like in Twin Cities area of Minnesota. I was thinking Morse Code at the time, but cant remember the pattern to check it against it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
just came up on this thread. three people reporting in hearing it within the last two days. random obvious hum or buzz? freaky as # that i find this thread. i blew it off like it was nothing. i'm in southern california.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by demetriandlucy

I think that makes us the geographically closest (though still many hours apart, of course) to hear it that I've seen, as I'm in the East Bay. And same here -- while it was strange at the time, I didn't think much of it until I happened to see this thread.
edit on 31-3-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'll bite. The other night I had a dream with the same similarly described sound. I don't know if I heard the sound while sleeping and manifested a dream or something else. All I remember from the dream is I had gotten in some kind of trouble somewhere. I remember being in some kind of single person flying vehicle.I remember running back to the ship and flipping open an emergency device. It was a yellow lever i had to pull to activate and once activated i could punch in something similar to Morse code. I remember frantically pounding the buttons as i was in a hurry, but i remember thinking what ever im punching is S.O.S, but its not it was something else. Then i remember my gear firing up and taking off before whatever it was that was chasing got there.

The next day i thought what a weird dream and didn't think anything of it until i seen this thread.I usually fall asleep between 5am-7am Eastern time, so i know it was in that time frame.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

It was contaminated of pollution. Here the rate of pollution in the air is the highest of the country.

Originally posted by CosmosKid
Maybe the morse is some time of automatic versus manual morse, possibly some type of LORAN signal that is ducting or attenuating in some way.

This is really interesting, thanks for telling. These signals would affect just electronic devices, right? Therefore, they could only be heard if there was an electronic device in the room. I only have a clock, which is mechanical and doesn't have anything electronic more than the power system.

In my room I have the computer, the speakers and stuff too, but I always turn their switches off. I mean, not just their on and off button, but the switch from the power supply too. Because even if they are off they emit a high pitched sound.

So I've had this idea in which I do the same thing with audio, where a microphone is placed in close proximity to a speaker which is playing the very sound the microphone is recording.

I tried this, but it worked really bad. I couldn't get rid of the feedback.

Originally posted by sepermeru
...I'm so freaking creeped out right now.

Yes, this happened to me as well. I can't figure out the timezone you're in to know if it was at the same time, but it was very recent and very noticeable.

As I said I'm at GMT +1, a bit to the left of the greenwhich meridian.

I'm sorry for the thread title typo, I didn't notice.. lol

I didn't record the whole night, I couldn't sleep with the noise the computer was making. But I was playing Left 4 Dead with headphones at the same hour and I recorded for half an hour. I didn't hear anything while I was playing, and the audio is corrupt. I have taken a look at the configuration and I think I set it to off, I think the audio I caught was an interference between the out and in sound of my computer.

The signal I heard wasn't loud nor quiet. I could hear it clearly.

Croweboy, that was strange.. Did it sound like the video I linked before?
edit on 31-3-2011 by Spinotoror because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Spinotoror

I saw this thread and got goosebumps. Last night, at about 10:15 pm I was in bed and having difficulty trying to fall asleep. I heard, very distinctly, in my right ear, two quick, low-tone beeps. I seriously thought I was losing my mind. But it startled me, so much so, that I sat up in bed and started feeling around my right ear for an implant. Jesus, I have been spending to much time on ATS was my thought. Nonetheless, the beeps were as real as could be and freaked me out.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinotoror

I was definitely thinking Morse code, though it was during the hour or so of humming it and trying to place it. I couldn't get it out of my head. I watched the video and the beeping is what I heard, but I couldn't distinguish any dashes or dots. Had I thought Morse Earlier, I would have listened for any possible dashes and dots.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ok.. lastnight i was in bed reading a book @ 8:30pm and in my left ear i could hear a soft kinda high pitch sound..kinda like a (ping).... so i went and got a piece of paper and wrote what i was hearing down---

this is what i heard... kinda like morse code

... pause .. long pause ... pause .. pause ... long pause .. ... ... long pause

the pattern keep repeating the samething and stopped @ 8:45pm

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I did not hear anything. I have a DVR (VN-5200PC) that can record 35 hours straight so tonight I am going to turn it on when I go to bed and see what it may record during the night.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
no,i never heared.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join