It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female ATS members! giving birth, how did carrying around a person in your tum make you feel, weird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I look at my 20 year old daughter and think how on earth were you once inside me, i find it awesome that someone was created in my belly, I know men rule the world but wow thats an awesome talent we have.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Like the song sings... Its a man's world, but it would be nothing without a woman, or a girl.

Never a truer word spoken, or sung

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Kudos, I garnered a lot of respect for the missus the day she gave birth to my now 3 year old, Considering we are all merely space dust, child birth is still the most amazing sight iv ever been witness too
edit on 29-3-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I agree 100%. I have four children, ages from 20yrs to 11 mths, and each one an absolute miracle. Each birth was equally the most intense thing I have ever been through. The most beautiful and terrifying experience. I always had the thought of how wonderful to have a life growing inside me was. Life really is magical

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Oh,I loved being pregnant until the last day.
Breech births were "fun" in the mid 70's.
Before they had ultra sounds,epidurals...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

That must have been frightening for you. I know how hard it is to have a drug free birth (all of mine were) but to go through a breech birth without any relief, must have been a terrible experience. I hope everything worked out ok.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I know men rule the world but wow thats an awesome talent we have.

OK, first of all, women rule the world. They always have and they contiunue to. It's the biggest conspiracy in all of human history. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

There is a theory that male circumcision arose because men associated blood from the genitals as connected with the female power of life-creation. There has always been a certain male awe, fear, and jealousy of the female generative ability.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sunsetatdawn

They gave me something for the pain.Because my baby was breech,
she was partially born before the doctor got to the hospital.I remember
those little feet and bottom!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sunsetatdawn

Drugs everytime to me, "Give me more drugs" i screamed "we cant give you any more Sian your up to the max", no it wasnt quite like that, but it still felt really painful with pethadine and gas and air, i dont know how you drug free girls did it. Another thing, and i know theres probably a medical reason connected to hormones regarding this but, i miss the breast feeding the most, because i can remember this emotion that use to come over me whilst feeding, it was the most amazing feeling ive ever had, and i mean that, it beats EVERYTHING, including the very act that brought you to it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I must be the exception to the rule because, everything that came after my 6th month of pregnancy was terrible. the continuesly kicking inside of me, the sleepless nights because of it... it really hurt my ribs ALL the time.
Then giving birth itself was such a bad experience that I desided right that min that I would never in my life give birth again! and I still stick to that. My girl was born with a full moon one day before she was calculated by the gyn., it started with a severe bleeding that made my contractions go from zero to full in less then 20 min. It was such a releave that they had an anesthesist and drugs ready when I arrived at the hospital so by the time I gave birth, about four hours later I couldn't feel a thing and the nurse had to put all her weight on my tummy to get the baby out... the gyn used a lot of tools and some device to put on the babies head and pull it out, there was so much blood, nobody had told me about that!... I remember thinking "I'm in a butchershop and that guy is going to kill me!"
I can't help it but I thought it was the most horrifying experience.

I have to add that I never had a min regret of having my daughter because she really is a treasure! Just the whole birth thing, I'll never do it again and I can't believe my own mother did it 3 times without drugs!
edit on 30/3/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
*loved it* it's not the pregnancy...or even birth that's hard......Its the raising them that hurts, lol. Loved being pregnant. Had I not ended up with cancer...I'd probably have 6 more!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

There are some sheep and their lambs living in a field at the bottom of my garden at the moment.

Just yesterday I watched a mother sheep walking towards me with a small lamb on either side of her. I stopped and reflected that just a few weeks ago she was carrying them inside her body. It's truly amazing to watch the little ones grow so quickly and gradually gain their independence.

top topics

join