It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Offline For 30 minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I Was Just Listening to the last section of the ATS Live Politics show, when a host mentioned - so all credit to them - That The BBC Website was offline.

I proceeded to try and access it and seen a yellow screen, i refreshed and then got a serve not found message of firefox.

It was offline for a total of half a hour and affected the main www.bbc.co.uk website and the bbc iplayer website also. BBC Television was fine though

I mentioned jokingly on the chat room that it was autonomous hitting the bbc,

BBC website goes down www.bbc.co.uk, the BBC's news website, was offline for over half an hour , which was showing error messages this evening The BBC's website, bbc.co.uk, went offline, with no clear sign when it would be up again. The corporation's press office said it was not in a position to comment, but it was clearly something that had taken them by surprise. The sprawling network of websites, known collectively as BBC Online, launched in 1997. On 24 January this year the BBC confirmed it would cut its online budget by 25%, or £34m, but it seems unlikely the cuts would affect the technology needed to keep the site online.

I mentioned jokingly on the chat room that it was anonymous hitting the BBC, So did Twitter . . .

As might be expected, Twitter was buzzing with conspiracy theories as to what happened. "So the entire BBC website is offline – a glimpse of the future if the Murdochs and their pals, David Cameron & Jeremy Hunt, have their way," wrote DickMandrake.

Link - www.guardian.co.uk...

Note -

Just Though I would start this thread as nobody else had done so yet, as i am typing so if it is a duplicate please close thread. Or move to correct topic please

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Im getting the thieves online now no probs

They're trying to get more hits so the uk has to pay them more no doubt
edit on 29-3-2011 by nonetruegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

Yes it is not offline now - it was offline for 30 mins approx both BBC main and BBC iplayer.

Nobody could connect to it at all who tried. and it went off suddenly the BBC were not expecting it to happen.

So it most likely was a technical error , but it may not of been.

peace

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
bbc news site back online now

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dockers

i know i mentioned that at least twice already i mean come on there is only 3 other posts to read.

top topics

join