It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI asks public for help breaking encrypted notes tied to 1999 murder

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Hey! Thanks for your input, about time someone on here actually started discussing the case again lol. I believe you were dead on in your 1st post. Im trying to support every theory that makes sense to me. I do have expierece in parts and service at a dealership, thats what I do everyday. I believe this thing has to do with illegal activity and i'm ot ruling out Nissan cars or parts. I do rule out the fact that he worked in that enviroment though. But who's to say he wrote the notes? I posted earlier 2 news articles after his death that said nothing about the notes. Somewhere out there there is an answer, we need to discredit those that just dont make sense and try to gather as much info as possible to support anyones theory that does. Also if you have a theory you should be open to tweak it a little bit if you feel so strongly about it like the guy on WS. Or perhaps he was dead on, that would mean the notes didn't come from the dead guy they came from his killer. In my opinion.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It seems the guy on WS has made some progress with the Nissan theory, but is starting to feel the weight of several days of mental effort. My theory was not quite there (and relied too much on external information that i found) so i'm looking more into his (Occam's razor - he has the simplest explanation so far, using only the notes).
If anyone has any interest in the case, just because we didnt quite nut it out there's still more to do, i'm sure he'd appreciate the help.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by therapy

I am interested lol, and will dig for information. where can i find Razor's theory? can you provide a link?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
sorry to confuse: 'occam's razor' "is a principle that generally recommends selecting the competing hypothesis that makes the fewest new assumptions, when the hypotheses are equal in other respects"

en.wikipedia.org...

the promising theory at websleuths isput forward by user "video1" regarding Nissan car parts. afaik fbi have the most interest in this line of thinking.

theory being developed in realtime:
www.websleuths.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Considering what we know about the guy, it seems this letter might be simple things he wrote down. I haven't seen anything mention his intelligence. On the other hand, what kind of kid starts a code (even if simple) and keeps up with it well into adulthood? Either a highly intelligent one or someone with mental disabilities.

Let's factor in the fact that he liked younger girls. He was in his 30's and messing around with someone 16 or under (just my guess). He'd already went to jail for it once. The incident could've been a one time occurence or it could've been he was only caught once. When I was a kid if I liked a boy, I would write I heart (their initals, but on top of each other). My own little code. Could these notes be about a girl or girls, where they live, where to meet, where they go to school, etc.? I did a little checking into the idea of the commonly used phrases being Baseball or Basketball teams. College or High School. That seemed to fit to a point. Especially for Missouri High School Teams. SE = St. Elizabeth GL = Glasgow GL vs SE GLSE At the same time the arrangement of letters on the notes makes this idea not fit.

Driving directions still come to mind. This Nissan thing has me intrigued as well. Something that I keep pondering is the idea that maybe these notes weren't written by RM at all. Maybe these notes are from an entirely different case they're working on. Do you need to know someone's background to crack their code? I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The guy never finished high school. They said he dropped out of high school early. So my thoughtt is why. Undiagnosed dyslexia? They say he wrote notes in that same form all his life and his family never understood them. Undiagnosed dyslexia?
I guess he was sentenced to 3 years for rape but only served 11 months? Missouri Department of Corrections policy was you must serve 2/3 rds of your sentence. You can have 1/3 rd off for good behavior. He must of turned into a informant for someone and got released? Thats why the FBI is so interested.
1999 was popular with date rape drugs. But Im not sure about years befor when he was arrested. He was arrested for rape I believe 3 times convicted once and served 11 months on a 3 year sentence.
edit on 4-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by therapy

Thanks for the insight. I didn't understand a lot i read when i followed the link, but I think i get the point. Like i said earlier, I aint going to crack the code i just want to help. Its going to take a special person. I think we should keep in mind all theories that make since. Then back up for a minute. We have no solid evidence telling us RM wrote these notes so we shouldn't rule out someone else did. I say we need to find someone who knew him and talk to them. The article i posted said he fathered at least 4 children. So we should try to find out by how may women? Whats their names? where are they? what can they tell us? Surely someone has a phone and is willing to talk, we got to find that person. If he did this all his life someone would have known what kind of stuff he usually documented. I think if we could find Sandra Jones she could tell us a lot that the fbi isn't. I mean we are pretty much private investigators. Taliking to one person and finding out some information could help support a theory, or disregard it . Does this make since to anyone but me? Why guess? I mean if Video1 could be on the right track just a little off the path. I have yet to see any proof RM wrote these all his life, and if he did someone ( brother, sister, baby mama, etc... ) Can provide us with something to help look at this a little different. We dont know jack #t about this man and its time we get busy trying to find someone that did. Im willing to make phone calls etc... I dont have the means to go to the airport and catch the next flight to St. Louie, but I will do what I can do from here. If anyone agrees i could use some help.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The word or combination of letters ON is/are used three times.

prse on de 71 ncbe
prse on re 74 ncbe
prse on rede 75 ncbe

There has to be some significance in that. Place on, turn on, get on, carried on, taken on, found on, read on, delivered on, mailed on, opened on...

PRSE is use quite a bit. The letter N is very prominent, but sometimes it doesn't look like it's supposed to be and N except when it's next to cbe. NCBE and WLD common as well. That section of text is 1 of 2 that has numbers. de 71 re 74 rede(re and de combined)75.

WLD - Workforce Learning + Development?

I'm going to work more on groups of letters that are persistent.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The road he was found dead on has a small place called kekis bar and grille. They have keno at the place.

I see.
keno
Also noticed.
lsp nse n gspse mkse r bse n cbe av xlr
? ? in gypsys makes our base in ? of ?

99 . 84 . 52 une plse n crse aoltse n srse n se
99 84 52 ? ? occurs a lot in ? ? ?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shannongoogle

Yep they are trying.....and always come up with new ideas. Which posts do you want posted ? Last 2 prior to this one ?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxisu

This would we be a good one i think, thanks a lot, i enjoy reading what they come up with too. I must say though seems like people on here have become more interested the last 2 hours lol... thx again

Now if anyone is interested I cut keys for people everyday and I just thought about this. The procedure is a customer should have a picture ID and proof of ownership to get a key cut. Not always is this procedure followed,making it easy for someone to get a vin and have a key cut. Making it very easy to steal a car. Some keys have to be programmed at the dealer but mostly on later models. Having an inside person at a Nissan Parts Dept could also be a thought. To make a key you type the vin in the computer and it gives you a key code. Then you put that code i the key machine and it makes a key for that car. About 6 months ago i had to call a GM dealer to get a key for a used car ( a salesman lost the keys ) . It was a nightmare, I am another dealer and had actually dealt with the guy before. He made me provide a lot of information and documents that i felt was B/S and charged me $50. He told me then that GM had strict rules and they are required to submit all the Documents to GM when they cut a key by code. He said they get autited every year and he'd perfer not to ever cut keys by code. I asked him why and he said years ago ( don't remember exactly when ) that there was a crime ring in the mid west stealing GM made cars by getting keys cut. Every since then GM changed their policy for dealerships making keys. I don't know aything about this im just telling you guys what he told me. I think this information could support a theory about stealing cars.......Just throwing it out there , I will continue to read all the forums and do my part lol.........thanks for listeing

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Ok here is a ST Louis bus route chart, if the fbi thinks the notes reveal places he traveled then they could be bus routes... a coulple stand out to me take a look... heres a link to the site where you can get info on the individual bus numbers. Now I wonder if there is a list of routes and buses from 1999, and a map would be helpful too if you could put something together. This was a poor black man who was sick...he probably rode a buses.. And a bus to the hospital where he was last seen... And maybe a bus to where he went afterwords.. do you guys think this is worth looking more into????????????????????????

www.metrostlouis.org...

MetroBus PDF Schedules
State Schedule Turning Directions Map
1 Gold MO
2 Red MO
3 Forest Park Trolley MO
4 Natural Bridge MO
8 Bates Morganford MO
10 Gravois Lindell MO
11 Chippewa MO
13 Union MO
14 Botanical Garden MO
16 City Limits MO
17 Oakville MO
18 Taylor MO
21 Watson Rd. MO
27 North County Shuttle MO
30 Soulard MO
32 M L King Chouteau MO
33 Dorsett-Lackland MO
34 Earth City MO
35 Rock Road MO
36 Spanish Lake MO
40 Broadway MO
41 Lee MO
42 Sarah MO
44 Hazelwood MO
45 Ferguson Florissant MO
46 Tesson Ferry MO
47 North Hanley MO
48 South Lindbergh MO
49 North Lindbergh MO
56 Kirkwood Webster MO
57 Maplewood Wildwood MO
58 Clayton - Ballas MO
59 Dogtown MO
61 Chambers Road MO
64 Lucas Hunt MO
66 Clayton Airport MO
70 Grand MO
73 Carondelet MO
74 Florissant MO
75 Lilac Hanley MO
80 Park Shaw MO
90 Hampton MO
91 Olive MO
94 Page MO
95 Kingshighway MO
97 Delmar MO
98 Chesterfield Hanley MO
99 Downtown Trolley MO
110 Affton MO
158 Ballas - West County MO
210 Fenton Gravois Bluffs MO
258 Clayton - Chesterfield MO
36X Bissell Hills Express MO
40X I-55 Express MO
57X Clayton Rd MO
58X Twin Oaks Express MO
174X Halls Ferry Express MO
410X Eureka Express MO
GL Green Line MO
1 Main Street - State Street IL
2 Cahokia IL
4 19th & Central - ML King IL
6 Rosemont - Fairmont City IL

and clicking on the Green line GL you can find this. if you follow link it is in a chart form. But you can see things like Last Trip LT..... Also EE Eureka Express....i found all this interesting and it could be a start, or just another theory lol

Timetable and Frequencies
CURRENT
FIRST TRIP
AM
AM RUSH
MIDDAY
PM RUSH
PM
LAST TRIP
WEEKDAY
7:29 AM
2:00 AM
SATURDAY
11:45 AM
SUNDAY
Effective March 30, 2009
FIRST TRIP
AM
AM RUSH
MIDDAY
PM RUSH
PM
LAST TRIP
WEEKDAY
7:29 AM
SATURDAY
GREEN LINE
SUNDAY

edit on 4-4-2011 by shannongoogle because: add more

edit on 4-4-2011 by shannongoogle because: add more

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
that is some messed up code, the only thing that stands out to me and could help is the 99.84.52 if it can be worked out what that is, it could help work out the words near it to decipher the rest.

it reminded me of an IP address but i have no idea.
edit on 4-4-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Lol...just tried to register there also for my own thoughts....and I had the exact same result as you...;"my email being banned"...so we have to try to work on our own by quoting and maye finding someone else that can still register there.

To me it has either to do with genetics (racing horses would then make alot of sense as I know horses of course I can find a logic ), drugs or cars....but I don't know much about cars....not much about drugs either...
You need to go back some pages here but someone has also come up with a quite few references explaining how it could be cars.

As for the method used; that Chess Player I had met in NY actually also added "SE" and other letters to give a caracteristic to the letters before...but if I remember well it wasn't always one letter=one word and it was based on pronounciation and beats.....+ some letters were used to let you know about time, day and weekdays but for sure it was never put that way.
How funny though SE was used too...but I can't remember to relate anything else.

so maybe ebonics makes sense.

And the more I think about it I think I'm going to give up...because also there is something not right there. As I said earlier the letters are to clean, maybe were transcripted and family doesn't know or doesn't want to tell ?
It is true that you can't see any signs that it has been folded in the pocket either .....

Maybe it's a letter of insult to the actual murderer from the FBI......lol....that would probably make the most sense.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
also the end of the code seems to follow more of a pattern and is obviously listing something, it could buses, but i am thinking addresses.

71 ncbe
74 ncbe
75 ncbe

also note the use of a apostrophy near the bottom, it is the one and only time i saw it used in the whole code, it could give hints.

194 *ld's ncbe

the * is because i cannot tell what letter it is.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

someone actually found a correspondance to a location in MO with those numbers. Not sure it was on this thread...try with google maps.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ok on the NOTES page in the 3rd paragraph 4th line down I see : 651 MTLSEHTLSE Assume SE is used as seperation points since it's used so much and 651 is a time . Also the link im providing was effective 11/30/09 so im sure times changed, however there are buses that make stops at 6:51, just not this one based on the info in the link

www.metrostlouis.org...

Here is my latest theory lol.... 651 MTL SE HTL SE
6:51 Metrolink (SE) Hartman and Lebanon (SE)

I think RM had ann address in Belleville, looks like he could be traveling. There could be an address within haha!!!!!

edit on 4-4-2011 by shannongoogle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
what is the significance of the 1/2 i wonder.

of to one side it says 1/2 munddlsc

half way but half of what, mile? could be anything but it is a 100% refrence to something where 'half' is being mentioned in a mathamatical way.

i don't know about anybody else but the only time i refer to half in that way is if i am thinking in distance, measurement(cooking etc) or fractions.

if i used it in any other way i would just say half as a word, for example i was half naked, or my cup is half full, which in this case would of been coded like the rest.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It was not named Metro in 1999. In 1999 it was named BSDA Bi-State Development Agency. Not sure why it had that name with no reference to trains or buses?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Bummer! lol, says 24 routes were elimated in 04, others were modified...IF there is bus routes i that code it'd be hard to find. I think he must have traveled using Public Transportation though...He didnt drive, probably didnt have any friends that drove. This guy was a mis fit, probably very poor. An article said he lived on and off with his mom. I bet he enjoyed gambling too. Whatever the case he was Clearly Mentally Unstable. So his note cant be that dam complicated, I bet if someone cracks it everyone will feel like they shoulda thought of that lol... gl- im gonna watch yall try this has fried my brain

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join