It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. Congress declares 'genocide' in Sudan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
When I first reported on this story it was nothing but a few UN documents that got leaked to the press, it has taken months for the US to step in and start to lubricate the wheels of recognition. Ok it's not to much of a victory but it's better than ignoring it like they were doing.

www.cnn.com
"The House of Representatives and Senate unanimously passed resolutions Thursday night urging U.S. President George W. Bush, likewise, to call the situation in Sudan "by its rightful name -- genocide."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have my doubts that the US will do anything but talk about this because there's no oil in Sudan.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
I have my doubts that the US will do anything but talk about this because there's no oil in Sudan.

I agree with calling it genocide. Now about Sudan and oil, read this.....

Sudan

With the completion of a major oil export pipeline in July 1999, Sudanese crude oil production and exports have risen rapidly over the past few years. Sudan's estimated oil reserves have doubled since 2001, with crude production reaching an estimated 345,000 barrels per day (bbl/d) in June 2004. Energy Minister Awad al-Jaz said in May 2004 that he expected crude production to reach 500,000 bbl/d in 2005.

Note: Information contained in this report is the best available as of July 2004 and can change.

ED:removing my excessive quote, my apologies.....J

[edit on 23-7-2004 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
sweet, now if wait a little longer there shouldn't be much resistance when we go in to "liberate" the refugees and than enjoy the spoils of liberation.

join