It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea and South Korea Are Coming Together To Discuss....A Volcano; Mount Baekdu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Great way for both of these divisions to come together in my opinion.
www.newscientist.com...

Fears that a dormant volcano may awaken prompted a rare meeting of scientists from North and South Korea this week.

Seismologists and volcanologists from the two nations met at the border town of Munsan to discuss the threat posed by mount Baekdu, which straddles the border between North Korea and China.

It has not erupted since 1903, but both governments are concerned that Japan's recent earthquake may have destabilised the tectonic plates the mountain sits on.

The shared threat is not likely to lead to more general friendly relations between the two countries, says Hyunga Kim, a Korean studies researcher at the Australian National University in Canberra, who is currently in Seoul. "I don't have any particular expectations," she says.

As the plans were announced, South Korea was beginning military exercises 30 kilometres from the border.

So let's keep a lookout for this beautiful thing erupting

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny if North and South Korea were actually secretly working together?!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Interesting to see I bet. I found this vid that would suit this thread well. Not bad from the looks of it.

edit on 29-3-2011 by Stop-loss! because: video fail!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
BP i already made a thread about this last week.. tho the title is a bit different.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Oops oh yeah. My bad.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Please use this already existing thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thank you.

Thread closed
Sauron
Super-Moderator

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Nevermind.

Already closed.

edit on 30-3-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join