It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA ready to increase ``safe levels`` of radiation by as much as 100 000 times the current levels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gaslaugh123

I'm with ya, brother! I thought I was the only one who was absolutely disgusted with our "leaders". They are all cheats and liars. The corruption in government is so pervasive there's no escaping it. I honestly cannot think of one politician I can honestly say I trust. None. Zero. Not republican, not democrat, not Tea Party, not independent. They all have personal agendas.

Think about it...our government has enormous power. If they wanted to stop corruption, they could. If they wanted to stop drug trafficking, they could. If they wanted to stop wasteful spending and budgets gone crazy, they could. Period. They simply don't want to. They are drunk with greed and power. All of the investment "graders" gave Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, etc. A2 ratings or higher, two days before they collapsed! Why, because those firms pay a subscription fee, so to speak.The companies that they are grading are also their customer base! Just like the Better Business Bureau collects fees from the very people that they are rating. Do you think that perhaps there is a conflict of interest?

Henry Paulson...former CEO of Goldman-Sachs, made millions in the "bubble". Knowing full well what they were doing was extremely risky. He was appointed US Treasury Secretary by Bush. In the last 10 years or so there have been more corrupt, questionable scum appointed to high-level positions to start their own cartel. Now that I think of it, that's what it already is.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if it was in fact a fact. Wouldn't expect anything less from any Gov Office. Why not say oh "it's OK". They've said radiation from Japan wouldn't make it to the US either. What did u think they were going to say, "OH we made a mistake". No they just raise the levels so dumb people wont realize their in danger. To bad that piece made it to ATS.
S&F's for the Whisle Blower's . Now everyone will know.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
i think god will have to make a special place in hell for these bastards

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Really?

No safe levels?

You do realize you are bombarded with radiation all the time...

Yeah, the computer is radiating me, the electrical wiring, the TV, the cell phone, radio signals, and the ever popular microwave are all sources. Not to mention cosmic rays, radon, the sun, etc. But none of it is good, it all damages us to some degree. Pretending that there are safe levels doesn't make it safe.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Its about time everybody wakes up.
We are all but puppets on strings...a clockwork orange.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
There is no safe radiation levels period! This one has pushed me over the edge. I'm not sitting on the fence anymore, just waiting for the right opportunity now. The EPA is my enemy, along with Monsanto and many others. No more playing nice. Lets rub their faces in their new standards, make them eat the seafood and wash it down with reactor water. I want to be on their list because they are on mine now.

Dude, you have to watch what you say man. Any abrasive words at all against the government will have the FBI knocking at your door quick.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Oh thank goodness!
We will all be safe again.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So after reading this I could only come to one conclusion. It's pretty far out but it makes sense in a way.

Step 1. Let everybody be exposed/ingest a form of radiation.
Step 2. Let everybody go to the hospitals to get checked up on ($$$ in pockets of those in charge)
Step 3. Get everybody to buy the pills to help with radiation exposure
Step 4. Sit back and watch all the money your saving by not having to react to a smaller radiation #
Step 5. Let everybody get cancer.
Step 6. Let them die and their family members collect life insurance policies which in turn will be spent and put money back into the economy thus making the Obama Administration look good! Hey lots of people died but at least we made money doing it!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
wonderful!
I guess its time for the ATF to create/raise the recommended human bullet absorption rate to match this trend
edit on 30-3-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
i think god will have to make a special place in hell for these bastards

Exactly! I find my self saying, more and more, "I pray there is a God and He is a just God". I want to to see every dishonest, crooked politician, CEO, government official burn in hell. I will NOT be voting in any further elections.

I've always believed that it was our civic duty to vote. I was always taught, "use it or lose it". I no longer believe that. Now I believe our options are either Satan or his twin brother. Sorry, but neither will get my vote. Unless somebody comes along who has the integrity and "energy" to convince me he's the real deal, I won't vote.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Another SImpsons premonition?
EPA
From the movie of course.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Vitchilo

"ALL ABOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRRRDDDDDD!!

Oh, no ticket sir? It's fine, you're with the EPA. Free ticket to hell right here for you. You can go sit with the majority of congress and the FDA, and have a nice trip. Please be sure to visit the TSA checkpoint before boarding, of course."

I try to normally be a loving and forgiving person, but I really think some among us deserve to burn in the lower levels.
edit on 3/29/2011 by Praetorius because: Typo, as usual

Nicely stated. I would add that they deserve to start burning right here in this lifetime inside their present flesh, blood, and bone sentient bodies. Delaying the burn until they arrive at the lower levels just encourages them to continue their evil ways during this existence.
edit on 3/31/2011 by dubiousone because: spell check failed 1st go-around.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
There is no safe radiation levels period! This one has pushed me over the edge. I'm not sitting on the fence anymore, just waiting for the right opportunity now. The EPA is my enemy, along with Monsanto and many others. No more playing nice. Lets rub their faces in their new standards, make them eat the seafood and wash it down with reactor water. I want to be on their list because they are on mine now.

Dude, you have to watch what you say man. Any abrasive words at all against the government will have the FBI knocking at your door quick.

Don't worry about me friend, if I get "disappeared" I'm leaving instructions to tell the story here. Seriously though, they have bigger fish to fry, like the whole country in a microwave. I fly well under the radar and have a rather uninteresting police record. I seriously doubt they will bother with people like me, there are too many of us.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
And here we have our first pacifier
news.yahoo.com...
Lets suck on this for a begining...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
AND - the damage control denial machine is in full swing - claiming Mars had a natural nuclear explosion. ...So nuclear fallout is natural.

Thank GOD we don't have to worry about radioactive dust from all those depleted uranium weapons and Japan's meltdowns.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Because a group of people have a successful, and hard decision making job, you're actually going to judge them because they have to make the mature decision? It was explained that their censoring devices were way over-clocked, and that there has actually been minimal change in water radiation, just change in equipment. Yet you sit here on your computer, following a religion based on absolutely no evidence, and you're going to make assumptions about hard working, educated citizens? Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Can someone explain this?

Less than a decade after introducing the 1992 Protective Action Guides, which are used in the enforcement of various environmental laws, the EPA has decided to amend their original fig­ures for acceptable levels of radiation exposure through food, water and the air.

Source

Less than a decade after 1992 would be 2002 or earlier. When exactly did this EPA plan originate? It clearly wasn't in response to the Fukushima incident...

reply to post by 00nunya00

Originally posted by 00nunya00
You should know that per PEER's website release on the issue, they have been opposing this move for years now----at least since 2009. All of these emails were obtained via FOIA and lawsuits, and it's not a move in response to Japan.

I'm not saying it's a good or safe thing, only that it's not the EPA's response to the Fukushima issue. I doubt they will actually implement this now, or at least soon after Japan, as it would be horribly obvious. But if they do, then yeah----that would be uncool.

I'm going with you on this issue, nunya. I'm suspecting that PEER brought this up to take advantage of the publicity of the Japan Earthquake... which is really sick! I don't approve of the EPA raising the levels, but to make it appear as if it's in response to the Japan Earthquake is pretty low...

Politics!

edit on 4/2/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy
And here we have our first pacifier
YahooNews

Lets suck on this for a beginning...

Greetings:

Good find, OP. S & F!

Here's another "statement" to add to the mix.

Plutonium from old weapons tests...

PLUTONIUM FOUND AT FUKUSHIMA!!

Probably from old weapons tests thousands of miles away, but hey, let's wet ourselves anyway.

There has also been heavy reporting in the press regarding the discovery of very small amounts of plutonium isotopes at the site – producing less than one Becquerel of radioactivity per kilo of soil. (For context the human body naturally emits radiation around 50 Bq/kg).

This is utterly insignificant in a health context but is possibly indicative of fuel damage in the cores – if the isotopes did in fact come from the cores.

The levels in three of the five samples are so low, and of such isotopes, that [color=limegreen]it is quite possible they result from long-ago nuclear weapons tests in the Pacific. Two other samples contain some plutonium-238, a clue that they may be from the no 3 reactor which had plutonium in its fuel.

"[Those two samples] could possibly come from the accident," TEPCO spokespersons told World Nuclear News.

Often these facts have been reported in such a way as to suggest that the Fukushima events have led to contamination levels similar to those following nuclear weapons tests, ]which is utterly untrue.

These challenges to life and sanity on this planet must be met with clear minds and sound hearts, so may your 2011 see you embracing its highest potential and onward through the fog!

In Peace & Light

tfw

Dodged a Solar Bullet

Global Emergency & Disaster Info

Cometgate! Elenin + 2005 YU55 + Nibiru

Surviving the American Food Crisis of 2011

Earthquake Lights & Sounds Live Update Map

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PostcardFrom1952

First off, I'll preface this by say that, just as with religions, there are good people in any group and bad people in any group. I'm not a fan of most government agencies in general because I believe them to be wasteful, ineffectual, bureaucratic, myopic, and usually somewhat deceptive as well - however, I'm sure some good people work for all of them.

BUT - I was addressing the provided material itself:

The new radiation guidance would also allow long-term cleanup standards thousands of times more lax than anything EPA has ever before accepted, permitting doses to the public that EPA itself estimates would cause a cancer in as much as every fourth person exposed, the group says.

It sounds like you have some additional or contradictory information on this - can you please provide sources for it instead of turning this into something weird off the bat?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Lets see where else radiation will not harm us...

news.yahoo.com...

BS...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join