It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA ready to increase ``safe levels`` of radiation by as much as 100 000 times the current levels

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Seems pretty clear, that if true, they know what is coming.

They'll always be able to say, no worries, it's well within "safe" limits. That's all most people will need to hear, without realizing the "safe" limits keep on rising. Utterly disgusting.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Remember the nuke scientist that "died" recently?

the leak near N.C.?

surely no connection and only a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey

From the article you linked:

These relaxed standards are opposed by public health professionals inside EPA, according to documents PEER said it obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.

So obviously there are people in the EPA who aren't thoroughly corrupt and who instead are acting as whistle blowers and advocating for the health and safety of people. I think that's important to note who's who and that it isn't the entire EPA who is corrupt. Good find.

I can easily relate to that with similar alphabet governamental agencies in Brazil. Usually those agencies are composed of technicians who have been working there for years, if not decades. But the role of supervisor/director/president of the agencies is a political one and changes with every new administration. That means that, sometimes, the technical body of the agency becomes outraged by the way its new director is running things and sometimes they pick a fight with their superior.

It has recently happened in Brazil with ANP, which is the national agency of petroleoum, biofuel and natural gas. The head of ANP was picked by the former president Lula and was involved in many corruption scandals. To the point that the technicians picked up a fight with him. Those technicians are responsible for analysing the oil production all over Brazil and calculating the monthly royalties given to every city and state. They also do the studies necessary to allow new oil explorations and stuff like that.

The technicians new the head of ANP had his eyes set on Santos Bay and purposefully delayed all work related to that area. They lost the fight and got replaced by new technicians.

I know that firsthand because I know one of the engineers who worked in ANP.

So, yeah, that is common and doesn't surprise me. If the head of EPA was picked by your president, there is a good chance he is corrupt. And if the technical body at EPA knows this and are against this, there is a good chance they will speak up.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

You sound very sure that you have clearly defined "the enemy". One would hope that with such a provocative post and your only thinly veiled threats that you are indeed sure. Sounds dangerous to me.

I've always been the type of person that respects the rights and lives of others. I believe honesty is the best policy and I try to not judge people on appearance or social status. I have empathy for people, animals and even plants. I believe I'm a good and fair minded human being. But all this in-your-face corruption and lies that harms people, animals and the entire environment has broken my moral compass. How many years to I have left? What kind of quality of life will I be able to maintain? If I'm totally expendable to TPTB, then they are expendable too! I'm not talking about assassinations or going postal in the public square, but when my moment comes there will be no sympathy, guilt or regrets.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Amen brother.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
no worries - the air is safe to breath and soon you will feel - nothing.
edit on 30-3-2011 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

From the article you linked:

These relaxed standards are opposed by public health professionals inside EPA, according to documents PEER said it obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.

So obviously there are people in the EPA who aren't thoroughly corrupt and who instead are acting as whistle blowers and advocating for the health and safety of people. I think that's important to note who's who and that it isn't the entire EPA who is corrupt. Good find.

No, the public health professionals are biased and the people who want to abolish the EPA are also biased so an inbetween, like an increase in the allowable radiation doses, is balanced.

Similarly, if climate scientists say AGW is a dangerous threat and we must act now and deniers say it's all a hoax then the truth is somewhere inbetween. It's a threat, but not dangerous.

Health experts and scientists are not what they used to be. They're almost all liberals.
edit on 30-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Does the EPA acronym stand for Extra Profit Association or such. Am I right in guessing, it is another fraudulent Government organization, running its own money making devious self for filling empire. There is nothing like shifting the bar when it suits ones end. You as the public, should be sacking them without pay, for non performance, but we all know thats not going top happen.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Why is there no punishment or oversight ? These mini-corporations within the government have nothing better to do but waste tax payer money. I remember reading a story about the EPA not allowing solar cells to be built in the desert because they wanted to study there effect on some lizard. I also remember them saying the air was safe to breath during 911 clean up at ground zero. And of course.. everything is fine in the GOM according to these people.

These corrupt government corporations are supposed to exist to protect us, when all they really care about is money and doing what their puppeteers ask. How can we shut them down or punish them like kids when they are not operating the way they need to be operated ? And why the hell do we give free pass's to the government, when the majority of US citizens know better ?

I really think we need to have a voting system that is constantly open, which allows us to decide where the money goes, what decisions are made and what is to be done about it. When you put lawyers instead of people with brains like engineers and doctors in congress then this is the crap you get. They all need to be replaced. And the president should not do what he says he is going to do, he should work on a list of priorities made by US, and constantly voted on as well. Maybe a vote every month and special emergency votes when needed.

I mean enough already!!! Got to start thinking out of the box and implementing changes, the system wont last much longer with these clowns.

edit on 30-3-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We need to coordinate the information and stay on top of this!

S&F&

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Really?

No safe levels?

You do realize you are bombarded with radiation all the time...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is all the more reason to acquire/build your own water purification system. Those that already have an existing system should be adding radiation removal elements (such as an earth filter, details below) now that the EPA has so lovingly decided to increase the safe levels.

I mean honestly, how can anyone take the government and its "agencies" seriously. The government stated clearly that radiation being emitted form Japan wouldn't be a threat to the United States. Then Maine's drinking water showed the isotopes from Japan. Uhhh...and now the EPA is going to raise the acceptable rad levels?! Ironically, from the numbers the OP gave, it looks like the EPA's new guidelines will now account for the new rads being emitted by Japan!!!

The best solution as far as water goes would be a well system, as the water that accumulates will most likely (as long as there is no public utility co-feed) have already filtered out a majority of the rads. If not, then the earth filter is the best way to go: www.myhealthblog.org... . There are other ways involving 5-gallon buckets, but research it and add to your system.

Working around the food and air guidelines will be much more tricky.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't want to hear any one complain. You fools have lived long enough on this planet to know the real deal. Stop crying and deal with your lives. We are the brick stones holding the pyramid of evil in place.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmarkai

Thanks for that link to the earth filtered water system. It's a very good diagram and would be easy to build. I wonder if food grade bentonite would work by simply shaking in a jug and allowing it to settle then pour off the cleaned water. I think it has a charge which attracts metals and toxins (is used in wine making) but I'm not sure about radioactive particles.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

WTF?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'm with you but unfortunately most individuals are so (zombiefied) (fat) (dumbed down) (selfish] motherf**kers their wouldn't be enough to stop this "in your face" and now "up your fat a**" to do any good. This country has gone from "we the people" to "f**k the people" and the constitution. I"m sick of liars and evil men who put themselves above God and anything that is decent and worth dieing for. I hate a nation control by liars. Wonder what nation I am refering too ...... (?)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It appears theyve been planning (no sh1t).

Link to source dated April 5, 2010.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Typical government bureaucracy. In my state they created the AIMS test for high school seniors. They had to pass it in order to graduate, regardless of what their grades were during the regular school year. The idiots failed miserably so they did the only thing that made sense; Lower the standard!

From the SEC to the EPA, these scum bags are doing nothing more that taking our money, lining their pockets and making life as easy for themselves as possible. The SEC stood by and watched Wall Street line their pockets, pilfer their investors, cheat, lie and steal and did nothing. And when the smoke cleared, nobody was held accountable for anything!

Instead of fixing the problem, change the standard. It's easier to circumvent all standards, legislation and due process and just type up a new standard in an hour or two than to actually address the issue. We pay these bastards to protect us and if any of us end up with CANCER we have no recourse. Just like the veterans of the first Gulf War are being told Gulf War Syndrome doesn't exist. They wallowed in contaminated dirt (depleted uranium) and are now sick, but nobody will admit there is a problem.

This is what our own government does to us. The people they work for have become an inconvenience to them.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If this is true, some heads need to roll at the EPA.

...permitting doses to the public that EPA itself estimates would cause a cancer in as much as every fourth person exposed, the group says

Every fourth person? So basically they're not uping the "maximum exposure level", they are uping the acceptable mortality rate so there's less blame to spread around. Fan-freakin-tastic!
Can someone please point me to the nearest space station, I want to get off this planet now please!
edit on 30-3-2011 by SalemsLot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

The earth-based system is superior, if not only on a cost-to-performance basis. The radiation doesn't magically vanish, it is absorbed; so replacing the filtering medium is absolutely necessary. With the earth filter, you simply dump the irradiated dirt (pick a spot away from your source), and replace with fresh non-irradiated earth. You would of course follow this process before your primary water filtering system comes into play.

Somebody makes a "extra stage filter" for the Berkey water system, but even that needs to be constantly cleaned and/or replaced. It apparently filters our rads, but I'm not sure how effective it is. It's hard to beat 7-12" of earth though.

On the food dilemma, now might be a good time to buy pre-packaged survival food packs. efoodsdirect and others have yearly packages that are sealed up and ready to go, non-GMO and wholesome (read, non-irradiated).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join