It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(FOX) Workers at Japan Nuke Plant 'Lost the Race' to Save Reactor, Expert Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
People thought it was lost for awhile.. not too much of a surprise.

Hearing that it's now leaking into the soil, that brings it to a new level. Chernobyl was different in that an explosion from the carbon rods helped spread the radiation, they don't use carbon anymore.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I saw on CNN last night that the workers sleep in stairwells and office floors...
They eat crackers for breakfast and canned goods for supper.

Most of them lost family. Some haven't left the site in a week.

Makes me so sad.. angry.

This sounds like tactics that cults use to wear their followers down and render them unable to think rationally... i don't buy the excuse that noone can drive in hot food to them and bring in mattresses of some sort for them to sleep on. This is more shocking than the accident itself. I'm disgusted with the Japanese government. I can forgive them for the unfortunate accident, but not for the treatment of those heroic workers. I better hear some good news soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
People thought it was lost for awhile.. not too much of a surprise.

Hearing that it's now leaking into the soil, that brings it to a new level. Chernobyl was different in that an explosion from the carbon rods helped spread the radiation, they don't use carbon anymore.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

We still run several graphite-moderated reactors. In fact, one has serious structural issues as a result of nuclear bombardment. There is a report on the UK nuclear watchdog site.

Anyone who says Chernobyl can't happen again is utterly delusional.

Fact: Fukushima is far worse.

Fact: Titanic *was* sinkable.

<< 1   >>

join