It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen over Colorado gets MSM coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i don't know how to embed things so i hope a link is sufficient, but if anyone wants to embed it in a later post i have no objections. here ya go:

news.yahoo.com...

this sighting seems pretty awesome not just because it got the main stream media to take notice, but there were multiple witnesses and a great quality photo came out of it. it's pretty cool that i found this today because i woke up from a dream i was having that was about extraterrestrial intelligence and i had a feeling that something new would come to my attention. enough of my words though. enjoy.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Video no longer available..... any youtube sources?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
they are just chinese lanterns.....

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by misterhype

Here ya go...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
^^^ what he said (skyjohn)...

Previous thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-3-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

this is the only video i had found but it turns out someone already has a thread relating to the same event so here is the link to that: www.abovetopsecret.com...

if you go to yahoo.com right now though it is one of the stories in the main bar.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

excellent work. thanks.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Whether or not the lights were extraterrestrial in origin, the way they covered the story was pathetic. Cartoon aliens, mention of balloon boy, clips of ET saying "phone home." What a joke this ABC news team is.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Heres one from abc7 posted yesterday. This must be a big deal, since the msn is now looking to mufon and a paranormal investigator... on live tv

Not sure if has been posted before

www.disclose.tv...
edit on 29-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Dude, dont you know swamp gas when you see it!
reflected off the moon of course!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Gonna see if I can speak with one of the people in that video, I live in Colorado and personally didn't see anything, but do know the second guy that they interviewed, the one with the scared lips. Let you know what he says.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
OMG guys!

Video evidence of humans launching UFOs!

edit on 29-3-2011 by skyjohn because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2011 by skyjohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I find it interesting that this video has gotten so much coverage and hype, but yet no one has piped up from the Air Force or any other groups. I also found it interesting that the FAA refused to speak with the reporters. The reasons I find this interesting is simple.

1. Usually if there is something the government is trying to cover-up they will come up with some BS story or some sort of press release about the event. Which would usuallly lead one to believe they were testing something or they are hiding it.

2. The FAA not speaking is peculiar as well.

This being said it makes me wonder more about the legitamacy of the claims. I would love to see that Fact or Faked group try to recreate that. The span of that thing is huge. They would probably claim it was Chinese Lanterns as I saw another poster say lol. That has got to be up there with weather baloon for the lamest excuses ever.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by midniteracerx

exactly. the news team is showing contempt for the subject matter from the start.

and that, ladies and germs, is why i don't watch that garbage. makes me glad chris brown threw that chair.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

This being said it makes me wonder more about the legitamacy of the claims. I would love to see that Fact or Faked group try to recreate that. The span of that thing is huge. They would probably claim it was Chinese Lanterns as I saw another poster say lol. That has got to be up there with weather baloon for the lamest excuses ever.

Fact or Faked is BS. According to them, if it can be done in CGI or can be reproduced on video in any way then it is fake. Wellllll all life on earth can be CGI'ed or reproduced in some other way on video so we must not exist.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyjohn
they are just chinese lanterns.....

I agree. I think it's hilarious that the US media has denied looking at UFO vids all this time so they haven't the slightest on what is fake, Chinese lanterns, etc. Well hey, at least some are making the news for a change!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The only interesting part was that the FAA refused to speak to the news channel.

Other than that the lights do a good job of looking like lanterns..

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

2. The FAA not speaking is peculiar as well.

What is it about the lights in the video that allows us to rule out the possibility of Chinese lanterns? It seems to me that three of them from a distance would look pretty much exactly like this.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Definatly Chinese Lanterns. Look at a video of Chinese Lanterns floating away and compare it to this. it is just messed up that the news doesn't realize this!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What altitude are those objects at?

I'm just wondering because it may possibly debunk the Chinese lantern explanation. My understanding is that a Chinese lantern is basically a very small hot air balloon, wouldn't winds high above ground level 'capsize' these lanterns, for lack of a better term. It might be interesting to look at the weather conditions on that particular day.

I am unsure of the exact zip code and time, someone confirm? Here they are @ the 80301 code:
80301 Boulder, Colorado March 29th - Weather Underground

Ground level wind speed 8-15 mph during day, decreasing as night and becoming more calm down to only a few mph. So as far as on the ground, wind speed appears to be sufficiently calm for lanterns near the ground (or I guess the height of a weather observation device), as to how high these can go without being destroyed I don't know. I'm not a lantern expert.

So it was a calm night with little ground level wind. If someone knows the exact time of the sighting and the direction the objects were 'floating' we can look at the wind speed to determine if they were following the wind or going against it. This may give quite a bit of interesting information, as if they were lanterns, they would not be going against the wind.

Edit: Even if it is found that they were moving against the wind, it does not mean they are extraterrestrial spacecraft of course.
edit on 30-3-2011 by RSF77 because: grammar n stuff

new topics

top topics

join