It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 911 Plot Details Emerge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com.../latimests/newplotdetailsemerge

"Mohammed conceived the initial outline of the attack six years before its execution and brought the plan to Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) because he thought he did not have the resources to "

Are we suppose to believe it took 6 years planning?
I mean come on!!
Any group of clowns could have organized this over a couple of beers.

SIX years to plan what flight and when?

With the net tickets could be purchased a couple hours before a flight and that's it!!

Why does the media continue to try and make us believe this CR**?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Did you miss the part about getting other cells to help the plan, moving to America and setting up covers, getting pilots licenses, scoping out the targets, picking times, etc, etc?

Any group of clowns could have organized this over a couple of beers. With the net tickets could be purchased a couple hours before a flight and that's it!!

I do not think so.
Your post seems to have been organized over a couple beers, but not their attack.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
DUDE
how hard would it be for you and 6 of your closest friends to get on a plane together?

3 easy steps

1. A group of friends from 6 different states decide they want to go on vacation and get on the same plane togther

2. they all go online and buy tickets for the same flight

3. they get on the plane

Once they are on the plane..........

Come on please ! 6 years planning?

I DON'T BUY IT...... Neither should you

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You're right. It would only take about 6 minutes to get a bunch of guys to get on planes and such. But it takes 6 years to make sure it goes off without a hitch.....like 9/11. Even then, there was a hitch when passengers fought back and crashed their hijacked plane.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The passengers didn't crash the plane, the terrorists did. It's believed that the passengers didn't even infiltrate the cockpit. They were about to and the hijackers decided to put it in the ground. It's all in the 9/11 Commision's report. Either way you're right. There was a hitch.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Arek]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Even after 9-11
This craziness continues with events like dry runs on flight 327.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you think a dry run took 6 years to plan as well?

We're being feed a line and you are "buying it" Hook , line and sinker!!

I don't buy it, you shouldn't either!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's funny how Perfect Stranger again completely ignored the part about:

getting other cells to help the plan, moving to America and setting up covers, getting pilots licenses, scoping out the targets, picking times, etc

Doing something like they did takes years of planning for it to run as smoothly as it did. They did more than just buy tickets...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You are the one that ignores the fact that it does not take a rocket scientist to plan what they did.

Cells can be likened to your buddies in another state who all plan a "Vacation"
One buddy is a pilot
another a martial arts expert..
another one "forgets" box cutter in his shaving kit........
do I need to spell this out better?

It would not take 6 years ... NO WAY NO HOW

I don't buy it ! Ask yourself why are you so convinced?

Cause the media says so?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Six years of planning an attack on our soil, and we still weren't able to take any of them down.

(BANGINCOLOR, what's up with that, brother?)

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A terrorist could take a Clancy or Vince Flynn novel if they really wanted a method of attack or a plan.But it is a matter of actually finding the people, training the people, contingency plans,financing,etc.

. This is not like calling in a relief pitcher in a base ball game. I dont see them saying Ahmed, today I need you to fly a plane into a building, OK.. You had some time on that X-box game we gave you to train on, now are you ready?
If you want to recruit freedom figthers in nicaragua, do it over beers and in six hours,go gung ho and die in the battelfield. These terrorists were patient, precise and calculating. They achieved what they wanted. Wether it took 6 days or 6 months or 6 years...they waited and when 'they' were ready, they attacked.

I have read accounts where we did come close to catching some memebers, even some were under survilence., so it is not like we did not know the threat was there, and there have been terrorsit attacks on US soil stopped prior to 9/11.

I am sure that the plans for the next attack were in play before 9/11...

[edit on 23-7-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
Cells can be likened to your buddies in another state who all plan a "Vacation"
One buddy is a pilot
another a martial arts expert..
another one "forgets" box cutter in his shaving kit........
do I need to spell this out better?

I think this sounds like a description of the old series the A-Team

I might be able to go along with your theory IF...the hijackers were american citizens and at least 4 of them were already pilots. But they weren't. Even then, you would still have find the right flights (4 taking off within minutes of each other - headed cross country), determine cockpit security (or the lack thereof) and test airport screening procedures. Not to mention recruiting 18 or 19 of your friends willing enough to do it. We are talking a year of planning, minimum, and that's if they were already pilots and american citizens.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Bleys]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You are the one that ignores the fact that it does not take a rocket scientist to plan what they did.

I don't buy it ! Ask yourself why are you so convinced?

Cause the media says so?

1. No, it doesn't take a rocket scientist but neither does it happen overnight. How long do you think it takes to come over and live here in America, live a "normal life", plan for the biggest terrorist attack ever, obtain a PILOTS license (not as easy as a drivers license believe it or not), scope out and pick which planes to hijack, plan some more, etc.?
Now multiply that by however many hijackers there were (more than 4 planes were supposed to be used).
Really, how long do you think that'll take?

2. It does NOT say, I reapeat it does NOT say and neither did I that it took 6 years to plan. It says the vision was concieved 6 years prior. According to the report it was 3 years later ('99) that real planning started.

3. Why am I so convinced that it took 3 years to plan? Because...something like that takes 3 years (at least) to plan. Why are you so convinced that it took a shorter amount of time?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I do not have a pilots permit yet I know how and have flown a plane
( No not a 757) but it doesn't take much to steer a plane.
Sure i would want training to take off or land

but to steer into a building takes no planning(or courage for that matter)

As for how long it takes to come over to live in the US.....
Lets ask some the estimated 80000 illegal aliens in the US (probably a conservative estimate)
www.washtimes.com...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again prior to 9-11 airport security was joke. You could get on a plane with a box cutter or any blade smaller than 4 inches.

So what' so hard that takes 3 years of planning?

I still don't buy it

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well, it would take a while to assemble all the funds and everything adn to set up the team in America. Then the hijackers spent time in training schools learning how to pilot commercial aircraft. In fact the turn that the plane made to swing towards the pentagon is a move that only a highly skilled pilot could have pulled off apparently.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Funds Hmmmm

Do you have the Money to buy a plane ticket? I do

The pentagon was hit by a 757 (I believe that)
Yes the FBI says these terrorists took flight training in AZ.

you go on to say that
"In fact the turn that the plane made to swing towards the pentagon is a move that only a highly skilled pilot could have pulled off apparently."

Do you think the small airfield in AZ was providing advanced 757 flight training?

You don't need to be a top gun to crash a plane

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You don't need to be a top gun to crash a plane

Yeh but what about crashing a plane into a target on the ground, thats not as simple as just 'crashing'. As you said, anyone can crash a plane, but hwta these guys did was (no disrespect intended) pretty spectacular. What are you trying to say? Funds would have been needed to set up all the terrorists in America and to get them into flight schools.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I also think that you don't need 6 years of planning to do 911 or at least hijack one plane like someone said find six of your friends take some fight lessons nothing to extensive and buy some toy guns and play dough and the people will by it especially before 911 cuz people before 911 were use to hijacking plots which the hijackers would land and say demands they never thought that these were suicidal people so that made it even easier for the 9/11 hijackers I mean they took over an airplane of 200 people with box cutters I would kill myself before I let some terrorist intimidate me with box cutters and not to mention alqada got so luck on 911.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
RE: Flight training in Arizona. As a resident, I do know that people, from all over the world, do come here to train because of the weather conditions. I don't know if they are trained to fly anything other than light aircraft (I'll look into that), but I do know that this is a real hub for flight training etc. The airfield where the terrorists supposedly received training is located just across from Sky Harbor Airport.
As I mentioned in a previous post, in retrospect, we did observe some very strange things, here in Phoenix, prior to 9/11. I'm not convinced that it took 6 years of planning, but I DO believe there was a strong Phoenix connection.
joey

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
West Point,
I sure hope that is just a nickname you have chosen. Learn the English language and then post your remarks.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well let's see,

I remember at the beginning of this fiasco when the drum beats of war had just begun. I was listening to Rumsfeld claim that this would be a cake walk and that the citizens of Baghdad would flood the streets with cheers and flowers for the liberating armed forces of Amerika
Whoops this ain't WW11 and it ain't Paris.
Rumsfeld as well as almost all of the above posters are exercising their Western minds. Culturally the mid east for the most part is just coming out of the Dark Ages. I once watched three young men spend over a half hour attempting to put a bicycle chain on. Talk about no hear, see, or speak

After awhile I put my beer down and showed them how it was done, choking back laughter all the while.
They very much appreciated the assistance and were eager to learn, this was 25 years ago, it is a different world now.
However not for them. One can sit at a cross road and see nothing but sand for as far as the eye can see while waiting patiently for a ride to come along. Patience is something they have and we don't. An example, during the month of Ramadan [their equivalent of Easter] they fast all day for a month and five times a day in unison they stop doing whatever face east and pray to Mecca and Allah while intermittently smashing their fore heads into the solid steel floor of a drilling rig. This could never occur in America, time is money and you never stop drilling for anything, except a blow out on the rig floor. By the the way ,point of interest we called these religious zealots PUSH STARTS. Why you ask, well after hours of smashing there heads into the ground for religious beliefs they were left with a large red bruise in the middle of there forehead and when you wanted their attention you merely PUSHED

Of course a small group of Americans could form a group of radicals and execute a plan similar to 911 in a couple of months and probably figure out a way to survive. This would be impossible for a group from the middle east. Further more I contend the only reason they did pull it off is because they had a lot of help from western thinkers, it is the only way.

I could go on and on, I enjoyed my time there quarter of a century ago

Think about it,

TUT

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join