It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that's gun control TX style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
TRUE STORY FROM... "THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER " IN HOUSTON , TEXAS

Last Thursday night around midnight, a woman from Houston , Texas was arrested, jailed, and charged with manslaughter for shooting a man 6 times in the back as he was running away with her purse. ~

The following Monday morning, the woman was called in front of the arraignment Judge, sworn in, and asked to explain her actions.

The woman replied, "I was standing at the corner bus stop for about 15 minutes, waiting for the bus to take me home after work. I am a waitress at a local cafe. I was there alone, so I had my right hand on my pistol, that was in my purse, that was hung over my left shoulder. All of a sudden I was being spun around hard to my left. As I caught my balance, I saw aman running away from me with my purse. I looked down at my right hand and I saw that my fingers were wrapped tightly around my pistol. The next thing I remember is saying out loud, "No Way Punk! You're not stealing my pay check and tips." I raised my right hand, pointed my pistol at the man running away from me with my purse, and squeezed the trigger of my pistol 6 times! ~

When asked by the arraignment judge, "Why did you shoot the man 6 times? ~

The woman replied under oath, "Because, When I pulled the trigger the 7th time, It only went click." ~

The woman was acquitted of all charges. She was back at work at the cafe the next day! Now that's Gun Control.... Texas Style

I just got this email from a relative and had to post it. I don't know if this is a joke or not but it sure is funny!

edit on 3/29/11 by xyankee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

I can only say one thing.

Awesome.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Go Texas. She saved her check, and saved the cost of a trial! Good for her! One less worthless piece of crap roaming our streets. I wonder if he was an illegal immigrant?

Edit: I can't give her an S&F, so I guess you get it.
Nice find.
edit on 29-3-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

nice story! after long hours of work, you finally get your paycheck and this punk just takes it away from you. I would of done the same thing if I was in her shoes.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
And that my friends should be everyone's approach to situations regarding personal safety.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Im so glad I just moved to TX. Priceless! S&F

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

link   
If she is waiting tables I doubt her check was worth much lol.

tips on the other hand.

link   
Although, I dug a little deeper and this does not appear to be true.

Snopes also says this is false, good story though.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That seems to be a common joke going around the web but, I can't find any trace of it at the Houston Herald or any other legitimate news sites.

Its still a cool story though. The way the court system should work in America.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Sorry, but this story is FAKE.

Snopes

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well, it is too bad that it is a hoax. That should be the expected reaction towards criminals though.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by xyankee

I can only say one thing.

Awesome.

I second that.
This is what we need in California (ha ha).
GO TEXAS!

Edit: Oh drat it's a hoax.
edit on 29-3-2011 by don rumsfeld because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Well, it is too bad that it is a hoax. That should be the expected reaction towards criminals though.

Errr... no... If this were a true story, the woman would have been brought up on charges. You can't just kill someone for stealing your property in Texas unless your life is in imminent danger or they are inside of your house. Shooting a purse snatcher in the back is a great way to spend some time in jail.

Contrary to popular misconceptions, Texas is not the wild west anymore. We don't all have oil wells in the front yard and 10,000 head of cattle on the back 40. We don't carry firearms on our hips either, they are safely tucked away under the front seat of the car... lol....

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Errr... no... If this were a true story, the woman would have been brought up on charges. You can't just kill someone for stealing your property in Texas unless your life is in imminent danger or they are inside of your house. Shooting a purse snatcher in the back is a great way to spend some time in jail.

Contrary to popular misconceptions, Texas is not the wild west anymore. We don't all have oil wells in the front yard and 10,000 head of cattle on the back 40. We don't carry firearms on our hips either, they are safely tucked away under the front seat of the car... lol....

Then the law is wrong.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

It's still the law... regardless of your opinion.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
well you guys do know about jury nullification right? Well if it is a FAKE I am sorry. But if your on a jury you could make this a real story! NOT GUIITY!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

I agree. If I am on that jury, she and others like her walk away free.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Actually, your yard in TX is still an extension of your home. You can shoot someone in your front yard. In Louisiana, they have to be in your home. If you pump them full of lead in either state, it shows more than self defence, which is a no no.

Just remember these words....

"No your honor, I didnt not shoot him 25 times. I shot AT him 25 times." No one can prove that you knew where the bullets would go.

new topics

top topics

join