It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! Radioactive Contamination Levels Drop in Japan!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Findings of nuclear contamination have dropped sharply in Japan, even in Fukushima prefecture, where the latest food samples showed no traces of radiation for two days.

At the peak last week, a total of 21 communities in four prefectures—plus Tokyo—had imposed restrictions on tap-water consumption by infants. Only four such curbs remain in place, with none outside Fukushima prefecture. Atmospheric radiation also is dropping.

online.wsj.com...

But that might mean we're not all going to die!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I don't buy it... How could it all just 'disappear' like that?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Umm, well I think Zorgon put it best in this thread:

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake,

CEO has flown the coup...
The workers are kept on site with minimal food (how can they keep up strength for all the work (spraying water, running wires, placing sandbags) that we hear reported daily?
Workers are sleeping on site under lead 'blankets" WTF???
They have no contact with the outer world
We keep hearing reports that TEPCO has no idea on where the leaks are, what the water levels are, no one is working in #2 at all so that one at least is abandoned...
WHY the government still lets TEPCO run the show is beyond belief at this point
As reported on FOX news the GE person says that #2 is in meltdown and the fuel is sitting on the floor under the reactor. Sure... that is why no one can go near that plant and work has been suspended.

Yep. Everything looks great to me!

edit on 29-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Nice i dont wanna die any time soon. hopefully no meteors or super volcanoes end life. Or aliens. cuz its a big universe and mathematically anything is possible

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I wish this story was true, but coming from WSJ, there is no way I can believe this.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Please tell me how you are on here telling us an article from Wall Street Journal says that the radioactive level just drop, and expect us to believe it? Are you #ing kidding me? The contamination doesn't just disappear, unless they used some of the CLTC technology, but that is hush hush tech. Either way. Do the math ( Nuclear Meltdown for 3 reactors + Radioactivity in the water and Plutonium in the dirt = The levels magically drop )

Either way its all on its way to the US.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We don't need no stinking facts!
There's a conspiracy I tell you. A C-O-N... Spiracy!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

You know what that's great to hear. Finally some sanity in a terrible situation. I hope they get that under control and make the area safe to inhabit again.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

edit on 29-3-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I went and checked FOX and this was it? very short and not to sweet!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Because the radioactive half-life of Iodine-131 is only 8 hours.

That's the funny thing about radioactive elements, every time they emit a radioactive particle, you get less overall radioactive material.

So, since the half life is only 8 hours, you WOULD expect the radiation levels to drop quite rapidly.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, the half life of Caesium-137 is about 30 years, which means that it releases its radioactivity FAR slower than Iodine, and thus, will account for lower overall radiation levels.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Workers at Japan Nuke Plant 'Lost the Race' to Save Reactor, Expert Says
www.foxnews.com...

Watch live updates here
www3.nhk.or.jp...

Everything is just fine... radiation is GOOD for you

:shk:

Enjoy your Bliss Herr disinfo agent

edit on 29-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Which seems to prove that anything you want to publish as news can be published when the medium is one of 'entertainment.'

We are supposed to accept this at face value right?

I wish it were true; but it seems like someone will be very embarrassed in the near future for having given the impression that "It's all over, the crisis is past us."

Oh well, it's not like I ever believed the WSJ was impervious to the Energy Cartel's influence... such a shame.

edit on 29-3-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I wont believe it unless I see those saying this rolling in the dirt, eating spinach after drinking some of that good ole fresh clean water they are talking about.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
For weeks I have read reports about radiological contamination that have lacked any ancillary data to put it in contexts.

1.Where was the sample taken
2.How many samples were taken
3.What particular radio nuclei was found in the sample
4.Was there a baseline sample to compare this against

So naturally, it doesn’t surprise me to read something like this from the WSJ. Good catch.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ocean radiation levels..

Plutonium found in soil around plant

The levels are dropping because TEPCO is getting good at WHEN to take the readings... for example when the tides are coming in it was high, but when the tides are going out, sucking the 'hot' water out to see the readings are lower.

I am surprised a weatherman missed that. Also the last few days the strong winds have been blowing out to sea. No surprise that the level are lower in Japan... Ask the weatherman where that is blowing to.

Since all the basements are flooded, all the tanks are full, all the trenches are full the only place that water they are supposedly pouring in is going out to sea....

In large volumes..

Haven't got time to keep up with this thread as well... updates are in this thread

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

At least we have some experts on nuclear reactors in there

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have a feeling this article is meant for Japanese consumption not American or European. Unless ofcourse the aliens have finally arrived.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It seems to be quite obvious the methodology, and therefor, conclusions of these "statistics" were unethically reached. I'm not sure exactly how they went about fudging this, but think it's highly likely this is the case.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

OMFG!!! .5 bq/kg run for the hills!!!! Wait .. how much is that anyways?

The FDA's Derived intervention levels for food in domestic commerce is 2 bq/kg for Pu-238 and Pu-239.

Just for some context.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
OMFG!!! .5 bq/kg run for the hills!!!! Wait .. how much is that anyways?
Just for some context.

Its not the AMOUNT that is important... it is the fact that it is PLUTONIUM... which can only mean that it came from the CORE using the MOX fuel at #3 Now how did that Plutonium get scattered around?

Well MAYBE it happened after the explosion at #3

Explosion sequence...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So where will the next circle be drawn?

Even areas outside the 30 Km are leaving,,, towns becoming Ghost towns as people leave the area

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join