It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vote for Bush is a Vote for the Draft

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
A republican voting for kerry isnt a republican....

Its a person with no clue

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Amazing how you can still insist that Bush will reinstate a draft when the draft was 'nixed' by Nixon, and since then, it has ONLY been Democrats that have sought to re-establish the draft....

I know who I trust more to NOT bring it back.

Check this:
The Kerry Draft

or this:
Kerry's Vanished Draft Proposal

A Vote for Kerry is a Vote for the Draft! Hmmph!

seekerof

George Dubya said there were WMD.

Trust W?
Sure, monkey see, monkey do.

Lost Sailor, lay off the sauce. Clear your mind. De-program. THINK FOR YOURSELF.

ThatsJustWeird, you're afraid to answer my questions, plain and simple. That's ok. That tells me all I need to know.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's a mystery to me why this administration has let Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz go around running his mouth. He seems to be the only one in the administration telling the truth about anything. He must be the most arrogant of the lot. And strangely, bullet-proof. He once said we invaded Iraq instead of, say, N. Korea b/c Iraq is swimming on a sea of oil. Here's what he had to say about the draft:

"We need this and we are going to get it"
--Paul Wolfowitz, Deputy Secretary of Defense, talking about the Draft.

A memo leaked from the Whitehouse written by Paul Wolfowitz outlines the push for the draft currently being made by Donald Rumsfeld (Secretary of Defense) and Paul Wolfowitz to reinstate the draft. Both have publicly denied pushing for a draft, but those familiar with the policies of these two hawks, as written about on the website of one of their thinktanks Project for a New American Century know they are both big fans of reinstating the draft, and sending tens of thousands of young Americans off to die.

Personally, since he's so froggy, I think someone needs to put a weapon in his hands and send his azz off to fight. Put his money where his mouth is.
But we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Here's a site with links and articles regarding the possibility of the draft being re-instated.

"the nation must be prepared to conduct a draft"

--Lewis C. Brodsky, director of public and congressional affairs with the Selective Service System

Many people have been wondering if our President has secret plans to reinstate the draft. This website will provide absolute proof that Bush is making plans to reinstate the draft by the middle of 2005.

In the last few months Bush has launched a recruiting drive for people to work on the draft boards around the country, the DefendAmerica government site posted an advert looking for volunteers, but when someone brought this to the attention of the press it was promptly removed, fueling rumours about the possibility of a draft.
www.bushdraft.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think this is all BS personally. It will still take an act of congress and so many people will be opposed to it that I think every single elected official who would allow this to happen could kiss their careers goodbye in a heartbeat. I don't care what disinfo they send our way, not one person will support this.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
All it would take is another event on the level of 9-11 to shake it all up and change everything. People would do well to consider that.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well, some will....but essentially any attempt to pass the bill will most likely go down in burning flames......unless the politicians on Capitol Hill are aware of something so frigging serious (apart from Iraq) and so not BS they are afraid not to vote for it.

My money is with the "Nays" taking the day.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Here's an excellent example of one day something being impossible to pass, then the next day, impossible not to pass.

By 1995 the media and pundits on the right were describing Bill Clinton as being irrelevant. He was trying to get strong anti-terrorists legislation passed, but the Republican congress wouldn't even hear of it. Their answer was, "absolutely not!" And the people were behind them on that.

Enter Tim McVeigh..

Just as soon as the smoke cleared from the rubble of the Murrah Federal building in Oklahoma City, congress passed Clinton's repressive anti-terrorist legislation in the blink of an eye and without protest.

One thing 9-11 should tell all of us is IT CAN HAPPEN.

If something catastrophic happened and was linked to say, Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia or N. Korea, and the president decided to invade one of those countries (which seems fairly likely), we would need hundreds of thousands of more troops. We could not do something like that with the anemic force level we have now. A draft would be impossible to avoid. If you don't believe me, research force levels and force requirements. It's time well spent.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Know all about it. "Hold one Win one" Force structure & "Peace Dividend".....what a load a rubbish.

By serious, after Iraq it would have to be a dirty nuke or an A-bomb in LA.....then I dont think you'd have many people standing in the way of carte blanch for the Prez...whoever he is by then.

Anything less would still be under close scrutiny...by half the voters anyway.

Lets hope its not put to the test, OK?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In 1968 there were over 500,000 americans serving in Vietnam alone. We couldn't control the ground there then. How can we control a Iraq with just 150,000. The national guard can't support those numbers. If we have just one more conflict we will be looking at a draft. It wouldn't matter who the president is.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You've all heard of those missing explosives in Iraq, by now, I'm sure... The damage a couple of pounds of that stuff could inflict is massive. We don't know where it is. We don't know where it will be used. Could be in Iraq, Israel or the USA. It could be placed covertly into a shipping container here in the states by a rogue element and then detonated. Mucho damage would be the result. It would be blamed on Bush's boogie men al Qaeda. America would once again be pissed off and ready to lash out. The NeoCons would have their justification for invading Syria and/or Iran. To do that, we will have to have MUCH MORE soldiers and Marines. There is no other choice at that point, then to start the draft. With Americans as riled up as they were after 9-11, an equally horrific attack would render most Americans disagreement w/a draft moot.

If you don't agree with my analysis, consider the words of Col. David Hackworth. He is a man who has more experience with war and insurgency/counter-insurgency operations than 99% of the people that make up this administration.

DefenseWatch "The Voice of the Grunt"
10-04-2004

Hack's Target

Uncle Sam Will Soon Want Your Kids

By David H. Hackworth

Recently, when John Kerry brought up the possibility of a return to the draft, SecDef Donald Rumsfeld was quick to respond that Kerry was full of it.

But my take is that Kerry is right on the mark. Not only because Rummy has been flat wrong on every major military call regarding Iraq, but because this is a war that won�t be won by smart weapons or the sledgehammer firepower we see every night on the tube.

Right now � with both our regular and Reserve soldiers stretched beyond the breaking point � our all-volunteer force is tapping out. If our overseas troop commitments continue at the present rate or climb higher, there won�t be enough Army and Marine grunts to do the job. And thin, overworked units, from Special Forces teams to infantry battalions, lose fights.

Clearly, this war against worldwide, hardcore Islamic believers will be a massive military marathon, the longest and most far-flung in our country�s history. By Christmas, more troops could be needed not only in Iraq and Afghanistan, but wherever the radical Islamic movement is growing stronger, from the Horn of Africa to Morocco, Kenya, Somalia, Yemen and across Europe � remember Spain?! � to Asia.

Accordingly, we need to bring our ground-fighting and support units to about the strength they were before the Soviet Union imploded, especially since the proper ratio of counterinsurgent-to-insurgent in places like the Middle East should be around 15 to 1. You don�t have to be a Ph.D. in military personnel to conclude we need more boots on the ground.

Most of our warriors � who are mainly from blue-collar families from Small Town, USA � have few political connections and few conduits though which they can effectively sound off. So when they get screwed over by a desperate Pentagon�s makeshift policies � such as the �Stop Loss� program that�s holding over large numbers of our servicemen and -women well beyond their contractually agreed-upon terms of enlistment, or the widespread calling up of out-of-shape, ill-trained citizen soldiers from the Individual Ready Reserve � these �volunteers� salute, suck it up and lay their lives on the line.

But like elephants, they won�t forget that they are �backdoor draftees,� as Kerry and John McCain call them. Which means that when their hitches are up, they won�t be rushing to re-enlist. And they�re also warning their younger brothers, sisters and pals to stay away from recruiting stations.

Although Pentagon puff artists insist they�re making quota, recruiters are already saying it would be easier to find $100 bills on the sidewalk outside a homeless shelter than fill their enlistment quotas, even with the huge bonuses now being paid.

So the draft � which will include both boys and girls this time around � is a no-brainer in �05 and �06.

Oh sure, the Pentagon suits will fight it. Volunteers tend to go with the flow and seldom blow the whistle on military stupidity, flawed tactics and self-serving leadership. And draftees don�t hesitate to make waves and tell the truth. Not to mention influential citizens with draft-age kids who�ll soon be demanding an answer to the same type of hard question their moms and dads shouted during the Vietnam War: �Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?�

Rumsfeld, in fact, has already kicked off the anti-draft campaign by denigrating the draftees who fought in Vietnam. The SecDef, who prefers sycophants who don�t ask questions, recently stated that Vietnam-era draftees added �No value, no advantage, really, to the United States armed services ... because ... it took an enormous amount of effort in terms of training, and then they were gone.�

Wrong once again. I led draftees for almost four years in Vietnam and for several years during the Korean War. If well-led, there are no finer soldiers. Ask the Nazis, the Japanese and the Reds in Korea and in Vietnam, where �no value� draftees cleaned their clocks in fight after fight.

Israel, a country that has lived under the barrel of the Islamic terrorist gun for decades, has the most combat-experienced counterinsurgent force in the world � and boy and girl draftees are its major resource.

Count on it. We will follow their lead.

--Eilhys England contributed to this column.

Col. David H. Hackworth (USA Ret.) is SFTT.org co-founder and Senior Military Columnist for DefenseWatch magazine. For information on his many books, go to his home page at Hackworth.com, where you can sign in for his free weekly Defending America. Send mail to P.O. Box 11179, Greenwich, CT 06831. His newest book is �Steel My Soldiers� Hearts.� � 2004 David H. Hackworth. Please send Feedback responses to [email protected].

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The operations in Iraq and Afghanistan are destroying our Army.

The NeoCon Chickenhawk brigade wants to invade Iran.

We don't have enough boots on the ground in Iraq. We certainly won't be able to handle an Iranian Army vastly superior to Iraq's (at least 400,000 troops, competent air force).

There will HAVE to be a draft sooner or later.

P-I Focus: The road to a draft goes through an unwilling Army

By ERIN SOLARO
GUEST COLUMNIST

If you're the U.S. Army, how do you say, "Hell No, We Won't Go?"

By proclaiming, loud, clear and often, your opposition to the draft.

Put bluntly: The U.S. Army has no desire to be large enough to implement the Bush/neocon agenda of "cauldronizing the Middle East" or anywhere else, and it will oppose by every means at its disposal, any attempt to so enlarge it.

And it is right to do so -- militarily, politically and morally.

According to an oft-documented Vietnam legend, an anonymous Army general vowed: "I'll be damned if I permit the United States Army, its institutions, its doctrine, and its traditions, to be destroyed just to win this lousy war." In Iraq, the destruction is already well under way. But if the Army is not prepared to lose in Iraq to save itself, it is ready to remain a force that cannot prevail there, let alone invade anywhere else.
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
All it would take is another event on the level of 9-11 to shake it all up and change everything. People would do well to consider that.

Then is wouldn't be because of Bush, would it?

This thread has to be one of the most worthless and deceptive ever posted.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I do not think so. This thread is like a bad joke book making your family sit through so you can practice those awful jokes.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GI_WOLVES
I do not think so. This thread is like a bad joke book making your family sit through so you can practice those awful jokes.

If its so bad, what does it say about your choosing to visit and comment?

In the future, feel free to avoid my posts. The TRUTH hurts.

You've been warned.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
This thread has to be one of the most worthless and deceptive ever posted.

My previous post is to you, as well.

It's funny how folks like you can only muster anemic attempts to flame someone, rather than actually debate the subject intelligently & rationally. I guess that would be too much to expect.

My guess is you have absolutely no experience in the military or knowledge of it. That would make discussing an invasion of Iran, and all that entails, somewhat difficult.

For example, did you support Paul Wolfowitz estimate that only 48,000 troops would be needed to invade and occupy Iraq? Do you support the current force level in Iraq? How many Army divisions are currently active and of those how many are in Iraq? How many men would it take to invade and occupy Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan aside? How many soldiers/Marines does it take to support one fighting man in the Army/Marines? If you don't know the answers to basic questions like that, you have no concept of what will or will not drive a DRAFT.

Have fun now, kids. And decide what branch of service you like best. (It's best to make your own choice - just a tip.) More than likely, you'll be seeing the world.. I mean, the mid-east soon, compliments of your deranged Uncle Sam.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Wrong. This subject HAS been debated - over and over. You have also been shown over and over that there is no merit to your attempt to claim that Bush is pushing for a new draft.

The flames (if any) come from the fact that your thread is nothing more than a reincarnation of other liberals shameless attempts to scare people into not liking the current adminsitration with a totally bogus assertion about the draft when you know it was only democrats that ever introduced legislation to revive the draft - only democrats. When those bills were introduced, it was widely reported and understood that their purpose was to be used as a scare tactic in an attempt to influence the election. It obviously didn't work, so it's beyond me and many others why you would continue to create new threads on this subject.

Now, as to why we visit and post on these types of threads, even as bogus as this one, is simply to make sure that - in the unlikely event that there are people reading that don't already know the truth - your attempt to subvert the truth does not have a chance to succeed.

Can it be said any clearer for you?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by GI_WOLVES

If its so bad, what does it say about your choosing to visit and comment?

In the future, feel free to avoid my posts. The TRUTH hurts.

You've been warned.

Excuse me? Does the word Bootcamp mean anything to you? I did comment, I do not think so. This is speculation at this point in time! By the way, I am a veteran with a disability. Now are we clear on this before you take out your veteran experince. Thank you and have a nice day, boot.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The Draft Bill was brought up for vote twice, and voted down twice. And yet, the same people continue to cry out on this sureness of such taking place.

Rangel To Reintroduce Draft Bill

Interesting that Rangel voted it down himself the second time....lol.
*shakes head*

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join