It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$600 million dollars....IN ONE WEEK!!!!?????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

I hear you, and no I don't have a solution..unfortunatly. What I wrote is my opignion and I do beleive that banding together to make the lives of TPTB harder would work to a certain extent. But you know as well as I do, they will come out with new laws and regulations to keep us from helping ourselves...that's what they do after all. Bottom line is it's gonna get a whole lote worst before it gets better. Hopfully it doesn't get too bad but in the meanwhile I will keep looking for answers and wishing that this whole mess we are in will resolve itself with out too much bloodshed.
edit on 29-3-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jewston

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The faster we collapse this corrupt system, the faster we get to a new solution to a broken system. The longer we keep this ridiculous budgeting going, the more we waste time NOT working on a better way of running the economy, preferably putting human lives ahead of money.

Couple of things here

1. Why should we work towards collapsing a broken system, as opposed to fixing a broken system, where no collapse is necessary?

Erm I'm sorry to say that collapse isn't to be prevented it is EMMINENT !!! Go watch the video I posted earlier on the thread and you'll realize US currency and a world reference to buying products is on the edge of falling down.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I wasn't trying to be a wise guy when I asked for an answer. I'm looking for answer as well and trying to be upbeatg and teach my children well.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The faster we collapse this corrupt system, the faster we get to a new solution to a broken system. The longer we keep this ridiculous budgeting going, the more we waste time NOT working on a better way of running the economy, preferably putting human lives ahead of money.

Now there is a concept. Let's put human lives in front of profit! I agree. It is a beast of a system that robs our life, passion, and turns the human being into a commodity.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
600 million between 300 million people is only $2 per person. Not that much really.

Of course, there are only around 140 million people who are actually working though.

And of course, this is one weeks worth of nonsense in Libya alone. It does not count the weekly expenses for our operations in Afghanistan and Iraq, which amount to a far larger total. Nor does it account for the rest of the US military's operating budget.

All of that falls on the shoulders of the people who actually work for a living.

Of course, it would also be ridiculous to double count those who work for the military/state as paying taxes, since this is like saying a solider can fund his own paycheck.

So in reality, the number of people paying taxes is fairly small compared to the insane spending that our government is currently engaged in.

It is only a matter of time until the whole system implodes on itself in an epic violent looting spree of armed IRS agents stealing everything in sight.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I heard on a local radio show here in Wisconsin that even when we stop leading it will still be around $400,000,000 a week. I don't know how true that it but it sounds about right. AND thats only if we don't send in ground troops.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

I wasn't emplying you were trying to be a wise guy. Sorry if I came off that way. But I think you may have already found the solution. In your own word "I'm trying to teach my kids well."
That is the single best thing people can do becaus, IMO, I don't think this situation of global greed and war mongering will be resolved with in our life time.
edit on 29-3-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I was offering perspective to how much it was per person (not all working yes).

But you make many valid points, no matter the breakdown, it certainly doesn't look good, the country spending that kind of money.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join