It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DISGRACEFUL - BBC and UK Court show doctored video in police assault on Ian Tomlinson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sorry about the quality of this video, I've got no way of recording from my TV so I did a quick cam version but I'll find a better quality version in time.

There is currently an investigation into the death of Ian Tomlinson who was struck on the back of the legs and then shoved to the ground by an aggressive police officer which resulted in his death.

This is the Police Investigation version of the video that was shown in court as well as on the BBC just now, it has cut off almost half of the shot that shows the officer push him to the floor, it omits and cuts out the bit where he hits the back of his legs with a baton BEFORE shoving him to the floor. Also the stike to his legs seems to have been OMMITED both from the BBC, COURT EVIDENCE and POLICE INVESTIGATION.

Heres the proper un edited full screen version, at about 1:33 you can see the shot is twice as much and the so called Police Investigation Footage has been cut in half.

I thought posting this on ATS would help get awareness. It appears IMHO a severe injustice is taking place here, Mr Tomlinson was an innocent who was blocked earlier in the day by Police from making his way home after work, then later with his hands in his pockets and back to the police he was kneecapped from the rear and shoved to his death, now his family demand and deserve justice.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
At the moment I am studying Public services at college wanting to be a police officer but now after seeing this disgusting video on the way they treat people is just sick and plain evil I don't think I want to get into this type of career after seeing how disgraceful the service is.

We need a change and we need it fast, why should we let them get away for attacking no wait murdering an innocent man. How are we as a nation going to react to police officers over the country should we be threatened by their brutishness.
edit on 29/3/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Unacceptable conduct by the officers. I don't know if anything happened before this took place, but the guy is clearly walking away peacefully when he's struck and pushed to the ground. The officer (including those who watched him do it and didn't reprimand him for it) are reprehensible. It is disgusting to witness people treating each other this way. That man died for nothing, and I hope the officer is thrown in jail for a long, long time for having contributed to his demise. Unbelievable. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

I think they may have just shown that edited version because of time constraints. The actual full version would have been shown in court.

Plus, the BBC have shown the full version many times in the past so they would have no sinister reason to edit it now. I think using the term "doctored" could be slightly misleading.

Very sad case though.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
[Could I ask how you know the court was shown edited video ?

If true this is outrageous - the poor man wasn`t even part of the protest .... just trying to get home after a day at work. We all saw it on youtube - he was attacked and as a result killed. By a police officer.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

You would have thought so wouldn't you? As is shown in the second video I posted, The Telegraph also reported about the strike to the back of his legs and showed it in video, however, The BBC clearly stated this is the "Police Investigation Version" of the video which I'm of the understanding (I might be wrong) was the version used in court.

Along with the ommision of the part of the frame from the video (that has been cut) that shows him being struck, there is also no mention of it even taking place which is disturbing when they were reporting not on the actual event, but on how it is proceeding in court

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Interesting that BBC are showing the shortened version as Sky News are showing the full version....

Mind you the missing facts from this is his wife (although they were living seperately from each other - he was living in a hostel) said he had a problem with drink and he was trying to head home to the hostel he was living in at the time - so I don't honestly know what to make of it, he is definately walking away from them the time he is 'hit' by the police officer which is way out of order... some of the police officers around here in the UK seem to have large egos at the power they have over us.

I know someone who is quite high up in the civilian part of a certain police force who went out on a patrol with a traffic car and he was quite surprised at the way the police 'talked' to people, really condescending

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Although this is disgusting if it is true, it doesn't surprise me.

The truth of the matter is we live in a Police state and we have done since New Labour saw an opportunity to control the masses on the back of 9/11. This new government were full of it in opposition, but nothing has changed now they are in power. If anything they are looking to bring in more laws to control us.

How many similar cases have we seen in the past? Many. How many will we see in the future? Many more.

The problem is the Police believe they are the law and not there to uphold the law. This is evident by such behaviour. How many Police officers do you know who have been punished for such behaviour? I can't think of a single one, but please feel free to correct me, which undoubtedly someone will if I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92
At the moment I am studying Public services at college wanting to be a police officer but now after seeing this disgusting video on the way they treat people is just sick and plain evil I don't think I want to get into this type of career after seeing how disgraceful the service is.

Hey YoungMind92, it get's a lot worse than this, see HERE for example, BUT, if your wanting to join the Police for the right reasons which by your post I think you are then I'd see this as more of a reason to join. More bent and bad coppers there are out there means all the more good honest ones are needed

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The police in the UK won't be recruiting properly for the next few years so if your serious about joining the best chance of getting in full time is to be a a special first.
Back on topic, you are always going to get a few bad eggs slip through the recruitment process it's the same with many jobs,just a shame that everyone else in the same uniform gets tarred with the same brush.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92

If only this same decision would be made by someone every time a video of police brutality were uploaded, I would pop out these threads all day.

And I have to disagree with a poster above. I think it's a bad time to join the force, unless you're a real hero.
edit on 29-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I've just found this on youtube, Tomlinson Inquest Video

This is an annotated version of the video played to the inquest jury on the first day of the inquest into the death of Ian Tomlinson. The video was obtained from www.tomlinsoninquest.org.uk... I have placed it on YouTube to make it more accessible.

I'm not sure if this will confirm or correct what I thought, I've not watched it yet but am about to, I just thought it was fair to post it first as the thread has had a few replies in a short time

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

my whole life was patterned to be a cop. i joined the marines as a way to improve my chances. then i got out, did ride alongs and dicovered the cops were bigger degenerates than their enemy, the public (i went to high school with both those that were the "perps" and those that became cops "date rapers". i discovered the police have basically declared war against the public.

then i decided i would choose to be a fed as they must have a higher morality since their hiring is much more scrutininzed. Soooo, i joind the coast guard since that was better than having a Bachelors in criminal justice for getting hired at the federal level "probably because coast guard didn't need a search warrant" and got better training in situation awareness. boy then i saw they wer just as big of degenerates!!!! the entire law enforcement arena has transitioned since the early 90's to seek out the psyche of those who get off on power, power trip, have big ego's, and will do whatever they are told to advance their careers NO MATTER WHAT..

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ian Tomlinson death: PC not guilty

www.bbc.co.uk...

This guy has a history of violence and was kicked out of one force before joining the met.

Sickening to see his smiling, smug, violent face on the news.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I hate this country. This is not the only bad decision today, the 3 men who were killed in the riots last year have not received justice either.

The law is a joke. The juries are a joke. The judges are a joke. The corruption in this country gets worse by the day. I hope that these events instigate more rioting and some police blood gets spilled, because they damn well deserve it after this. They have shown they will go to whatever lengths necessary to protect their own, regardless of how guilty they actually are.

top topics

join