It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal "Automatic" Fire From Your AR-15

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Notice I put the "automatic" in quotes. That's because putting this special stock on your AR-15 allows you to simulate everything from single shot, to burst, to fully automatic firing WITHOUT modifying the sear or any other part of the rifle's internal firing mechanism. Comes with a BATF letter.

Check it out:

source

I think I want one ...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm surprised that this is the first stock that allows bump firing. I guess it's cool that you can now bump fire on the the shoulder easily and not do it from the hip anymore. Thanks for the link.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That is awesome!!!
I want one too!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ya, automatic is a bad word, "rapid fire" would be the more PC way of describing the action of the stock/aid.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by n0tsan3

That's what I was thinking too.

Most people can do this without buying that stock, there's thousands of youtube videos about bump firing.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I would worry about this thing staying legal.

There were stocks, pretty much exactly like this, made for the Ruger 10/22 that initially were legal, and then the ATF changed their minds and made them ILLEGAL

Everyone that bought them had to return them. I could see the same thing happening with this.

There are also those "auto triggers" that you put on your trigger guard to "automatically" operate the trigger.

Seems like a gray area, not worth the risk IMO.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What are the possibilities this will be banned once it becomes popular?

I'd say high.

Until then, interesting.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
IM A BUMP FIRE PRO, I got some videos of myself laying down an arc of lead. I can bump 90 rounds in 6-7 secs. its fun but will hit your wallet hard.

I dont bump from the hip, i put the rifle but under my arm pit when i do it. pull the gun forward with your left hand and let the triger hit your right triger finger and its on!

I would post it but its not a politicaly correct video i guess you can say

I only bumped my 90 round drum twice. a good wast of $75 in 7 sec

edit on 29-3-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

these kinds of trigger manipulators have been around a long time some work some don't... I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it...

as for really fun toys of this ilk what you really want is a 10/22 Gatling gun

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
reply to post by n0tsan3

That's what I was thinking too.

Most people can do this without buying that stock, there's thousands of youtube videos about bump firing.

Watch the video if you haven't. While you may be "technically correct", my reading says that manual methods for bump firing do not really allow for aimed firing as this product does.

Also, the video makes it look pretty easy to "choose" between single, burst, or full "automatic" fire.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I wasn't disagreeing with you.

I was agreeing with the other poster who said this was the first "bump firing" stock that's come out.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

I only bumped my 90 round drum twice. a good wast of $75 in 7 sec

And that right there is all the regulation that should ever be needed.

"Automatic" fire phobias from the banning crowd are ridiculous. They would want us to believe that should an automatic weapon be available for less than the cost of a Buick that we'd all be running around like lunatics spraying Benjamins all over the place in 5 second bursts.

Another unfounded fear from the totalitarian crowd. Thanks NFA, for keeping me from blowing a weeks pay in 20 seconds, I guess.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
No manipulator is necessary. I wasted some money on a couple of gadgets for my AK, and then I just practiced and learned how to bump fire properly. I can unload 30 rounds in just a few seconds without any modifications, and amazingly, I can get a lot of the rounds in a man-sized target, from the hip, with rapid fire.

It just takes practice and knowing your gun, and in reality, I would never fire more than a couple of rounds at one time anyway. Who wants to waste 30 rounds and then spend time reloading? I'd rather pick my shots carefully.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The statistics show that of all the armed criminals out there, whether a drug bust, organized crime arrest, or other violent criminal ever found guilty and sent to jail - almost NONE of them had automatic weapons. Why? Because every thug knows that machine guns are a waste of ammo.

The only people who carry fully auto weapons are hired security thugs who protect people like diplomats and politicians as they travel.

I guess their lives are worth protecting, but ours aren't?

It isn't what you own. It's what you do with it.

You should be able to own practically anything without it being a crime until you actually hurt someone with it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

It isn't "illegal" to own in most cases, it just requires a mountain of paperwork, fees, and taxes. I think some states require a FFL license. Some states don't require anything.

Anyhow, I agree, it is a waste of paperwork and ammunition. It is much better to be like the Secret Service, FBI, CIA, and other alphabet agencies. Keep a modest weapon, out of sight, but be adequately trained in using the weapon in all types of situations. Be a thoroughly trained sleeper, with a concealed weapon, and you are much more dangerous than a thug with a full auto.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Cheapest and easiest way to bump fire from the shoulder is the rubber band method. the tubes has tons of videos on this set-up. Works really well and can be taken off the gun very quickly when you see the range master or some other official looking person walking your way. Not saying it's illegal but the ATF can do whatever they want with you so no need to push it.

Check out the story about the guy that bought an AR-15 that malfunctioned and fired automatically. He got sentenced 30 months plus hefty fines.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Maybe if the slack-jawed yokels who sent a full mag or more in my direction two weeks ago had this thing the situation wouldn't have even happened. I can safely say this however; if you have never had a gun discharged in your direction and heard the bullets zip by you are a lucky luck person, conventional bump-firing from the waist is a great way to get someone killed!
edit on 3/29/2011 by Helig because: missing a word or two

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Outside the killing fields of warfare, the automatic weapon has little practical value in urban combat OTHER than to provide cover fire. If you need to keep the enemy's head down while you change positions, automatic weapons fire is perfect for that job and you might get lucky and actually hit one of them.

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
We have come a long ways from the old bolt action weapons which our dads and grandads fought the huns with.
The technology is there for us to use and if its legal why not?
I aint sayin that auto fire is accurate, or cheap, but it does keep heads down while its going on....
Think teamwork there and you have something.....
Obviously these will be taken back soon enough, as i doubt the atf will allow them in the long run.
Till they do, it is the next best thing to a military ar 15 select fire weapon as far as i can see.
The accuracy seems the best part of this device.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Just a bit of a hystroy lession for ya faster is not always better...
Jack Lewis a former U.S. Marine veteran of World War II, the Korean War, and Vietnam War and editor of Gun World magazine met the then Commandant of the Marine Corps Paul X. Kelley. Lewis told the Commandant that the effect of the introduction of the M16 rifle was that "The United States used to be known as a Nation of Riflemen; now we've become a Nation of Sprayers". (Spray and Pray shooting methiod)

Drawbacks of uncontrolled automatic gunfire are the low likelihood of actually hitting an enemy target, the large amounts of ammunition needed, and the increased risk of it becoming friendly fire. It was due to the tendency of soldiers to spray and pray during the Vietnam War that the US replaced the automatic-fire setting that was on the original M16 with three-round burst fire for the M16A2 and M16A4/M4 carbine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join