It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan HERO'S use wet wipes to bathe with no fresh water!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
First of all I want to give a these brave workers in the Japan nuclear power plant a label of HERO'S.

Think about this people, these people are risking their lives, knowing they will probably die from radiation exposure, yet still work trying to keep this contained!! Unreal, you never really meet too many Hero's in your life, but we are seeing them act every day in Japan.

Thanks everyone in Japan for being the real hero's. If anyone would like to add anything containing the heroic acts of the workers in Japan, please do so. I would like for people to be able to recognize what these people have done so far.

Star and Flag if you are interested in following this thread.

This is a very interesting read about some of the feats these people are enduring now.

The first site is about the workers using wet wipes to bathe and more.

www.cnn.com... ed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29#

Another story different from the first. About Japan employees trying to keep radioactive water from the ocean.

www.cnn.com...#
edit on 3/29/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: another web site adding

edit on 3/29/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

Read the last 2 paragraphs in this article.....Unreal!!! This is copied and pasted for anyone not wanting to go to the website.

Huddling at the plant's 'quake-resistant' tower, resting workers lie on lead matting to prevent exposure to radiation which can rise up to 10 micro-sieverts an hour in that part of the complex.

'Workers sleep in conference rooms, hallways or near bathrooms. Each person is given one blanket, everyone sleeps on the floor in rows,' said Kazuma Yokota, a nuclear safety agency inspector stationed at the plant. 'We want to avoid staying too long as much as we can, because we are exposed to radiation every day. I've been exposed to 883 micro-sieverts in the past five days,' the exhausted-looking 39-year-old confided to broadcaster NHK. -- AFP

www.straitstimes.com...

This website is an amazing read, just to get a glimpse of what they are dealing with.

www.latimes.com...

Worries over husband, home at Japan evacuation center
Family of nuclear plant worker doesn't know if they'll ever go home

Can you imagine this being a headline?? "Do not know if they'll ever go home", but still working to help people....
There is also a video on this website.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Keep checking back to here, as I find more sources I will be adding them to the list for everyone.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
S&F for you for the thread, and for your avatar. Very amusing and true.
Japan is a country full of brave, intelligent, and warm hearted human beings. They will do what they can with what they have to work with, and the best of us will support and help them in any way we can.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Pull a carrier up and let em wash there is radio. cleanse on board-YES- but I guess EA inhabitants risk security issues even tho they are helping EA total?!?!?!? cunfused

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thanks. All we keep hearing about is the bad in Japan, I want to spread some good also!! Best of luck to everyone in Japan right now.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
When we grow up as young Men, and Women..Society pastes a image of what a "hero" is in our minds..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3be37ddaceaa.jpg[/atsimg]

When in reality they are nothing of the sort.. The definition of Hero is this, A man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength..

So these Courageous men, are the hero's my "future" children will be learning about..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11dea1eb83de.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 29-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: Gramma

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The term hero is used much too loosely. If they come out of this without exposing thousands of people to deadly radiation, or worse, and it was them acting above and beyond what they are assumed to do, then you can call them a hero.

In fact, didn't they drop the ball a few times? Most notable not abandoning and sealing the plant when they had the chance? Apparently the line between hero and villain is quite thin.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
The term hero is used much too loosely. If they come out of this without exposing thousands of people to deadly radiation, or worse, and it was them acting above and beyond what they are assumed to do, then you can call them a hero.

In fact, didn't they drop the ball a few times? Most notable not abandoning and sealing the plant when they had the chance? Apparently the line between hero and villain is quite thin.

WOW!!! You are talking about the plant owners and Japan government sir. I am talking about the workers who have given their lives to possibly save Japan and more!!! You are talking about corruption in government and owners, I am talking about normal people volunteering to assist and giving their lives in the process. I suggest you keep your harsh comments about the hero's to yourself!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

WOW! what a closed-minded statement you made there..

Again the definition for "HERO" is this a man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength;..

How are these brave Men not hero's?

top topics

join