It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New air missions attack Gaddafi troops: Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
just a bit of an update on the situation.

The United States used low-flying combat aircraft against Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi's ground troops, the Pentagon said Monday, but denied it was directly supporting the rebels. "We have employed A-10s and AC-130s over the weekend," US Vice Admiral Bill Gortney, director of the US military's Joint Staff, told reporters, without giving specifics about targets.

this quote stands out to me as very important.

The rebel offensive in the past week has been greatly facilitated by the coalition's strikes against Kadhafi's forces. But Gortney said the US actions are only in support of the UN-backed resolutions to protect Libyan civilians. "We're not in direct support of the opposition, that's not part of our mandate and we're not coordinating with the opposition," he said.

we are still calling these people and Citizens Rebels. sounds like double speak to me...
not in support of the opposition - were not coordinating with the opposition, kinda gives you a look into what TPTB are planning, and how they feel about these people..

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 3/29/2011 by -W1LL because: link

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am completely flabbergasted.

The US bombs them in Iraq, Afghan, Yemen
and Pakistan but provide air cover for the very same
Al Queda in Libya.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am a little puzzled here (not really), but what does this have to do with enforcing a no fly zone? Were these soldiers flying (and by that I mean BEFORE the shockwave of the bombs sent them through the air)?

Also OP, can you provide a link to your source?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

LOL .. dont laugh ROFL .. i said dont laugh..

that was bad man... LOL I added the link.

I was thinking the same thing and have my doubts that say the libyan forces were

"firing indiscriminately at merchant vessels" in the northwestern port of Misrata, US Africa Command said Tuesday.

from my other thread on another attack on Libyan ships

Us Forces Fire on Libyan Vessels

new topics

top topics

join