It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Striking Magnetic Anomalies in the Japanese Seamount Plates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
For everyone interested in Magnetic Anomalies and the possible disruptions they may cause as they shift, you may be interested in researching these striking anomalies off the Japanese coast.

This particular Seamount has rock plates of positive and negative charge to both sides of it- east and west.

To find the Suiyo Seamount, on Google Earth search Torishima, Japan. Once you find the island, zoom in close enough that seamount names start appearing and scan south until you see the Suiyo Seamount.

Suiyo Seamount is associated with a magnetic anomaly: ocean-floor surveys of it and the surrounding area found that a large negative rock body existed to the east of the seamount, while positive bodies existed to the northwest and south. The reasons for this complex anomaly, which also exists in several other nearby seamounts, is unknown, but is suggested to be the result of interactions between different magnetic fields of different ages.

A burst of hydrothermal activity was observed in July of 1991, raising water temperatures at the vent to 290 °C (550 °F); following the event, the volcano, until then thought extinct, was reclassified as active by the Japan Meteorological Agency. A bathymetric survey of the volcano found sulfur-oxidizing microbes to be predominant, and concluded that Suiyo Seamount was a natural "incubator" for this bacterial type.

Link to Wiki

These Seamounts run up along the entire coastline on both sides of the Rift. I will be looking for that Bathymetric study and comparing historical quakes with magnetic shifts when I have time.
Everyone who is interested and has time - have fun with it.

I look forward to whatever anyone digs up.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Stratus9 because: grammar

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And I found a magnetic anomaly map for the US.
You can see the rock formations where very negative rock butts up against very positive rock plates by the color. Interesting that in areas where there is a lot of quake activity (such as the California valley) the 'bands' are very tight.

Magnetic Anomaly Map - US - PDF

This is the only reason I could find that could be a basis for solar flare activity (electromagnetic storms) being a partial cause for earthquakes.

And it appears to be ignored.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

join