It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation in Oxfordshire UK, Connected with Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
How mad is this, in my home county in the UK they are reporting low levels of radiation from the Fukushima plant in Japan.

Low levels of radiation have been detected in Oxfordshire connected with the Fukushima disaster in Japan.

The Harwell-based Health Protection Agency has reported "the minutest levels" of iodine-131, associated with events at the stricken Japanese nuclear plant, at its Oxfordshire monitoring stations.

There are no public health issues, but amazing how sensitive the monitors are.

www.banburycake.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 29-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Seen this. "The concentration of iodine detected is extremely low and is not of concern for the public or the environment" MY A$$.

We'll see in a few weeks time.
edit on 29-3-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I wonder if the 9-11 rescue workers would agree with "safe levels" of anything regarding our health.
The EPA and most alphabet agencies are just buffers for the corporations, they don't work in the peoples' best interests. Educate yourselves and don't wait for them to tell you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Seen this. "The concentration of iodine detected is extremely low and is not of concern for the public or the environment" MY A$$.

Unfortunately, your ass is most likely not as intelligent as nuclear experts. So until then, please silence it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That's fantastic news to wake up to. Why Oxforshire? It seems a little selective, unless something's happened at Harwell or Culham and they're trying to blame Japan.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Strange, because there's a lot e-mails spreading in Croatia about higher levels of radiation. E-mails claim that radioactive cloud from Japan is at the moment above the Europe. I don't know who started that panic across e-mails and I don't know if it is true but media claims its a lie to scare people. And since I don't trust media, I don't know what to think about this...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
That's fantastic news to wake up to. Why Oxforshire? It seems a little selective, unless something's happened at Harwell or Culham and they're trying to blame Japan.

I think it has something to do with the monitoring sensors being based here. Apparently there are other areas of the uk picking up minute amounts, but nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Interesting info, I read Yahoo earlier, and it never mentioned radiation being found in England, but it did in Glasgow !

Traces of radioactive fall-out from Japan's stricken Fukushima nuclear plant have been found in Glasgow.

Link... uk.news.yahoo.com... active-traces-found-i-45dbed5.html

Did think it funny that radiation was found in Scotland, but somehow England missed it completely, did seem a more than a little improbable, thank you for bringing forth the information
S+F
edit on 29-3-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Oh, I see! They've got to you too, have they?

I've heard they've detected it in glasgow as well, and the last thing Glaswegians need is more threats to their health.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Damn.... really? My county too?

Oh well...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

It also makes you think what the concentration is in the US which hadn't been mentioned. Presumably it's had to come across America to reach us in the first place? US west coast is only 6,500 miles from Japan whereas West Coast UK is an additional 8,700 ish

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

I wonder why days after the Fukushima disaster the nuclear experts kept on reassuring the fact that there would be no nuclear fallout and the radiation levels could be controlled when infact a few weeks later we are now being told that there is a possibility of a nuclear fallout in Japan.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Because they don't like to panic people and cause panic buying and stampede's and so on.
We NEVER get the truth, they think we can't take it...

Stupid really.... but in a way, understandable.

new topics

top topics

join