It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Losing Patience With The Japanese?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Unfortuneately, we are witnessing the worst enviormental catastrophie in mankinds history. The United States food (the breadbasket of the world) is slowly being irradiated, and according to the Japanese could continue for "months".

The complacency of the public is due to undereducation in nuclear matters and that you cant see it. Ask any U.S. soldier about the training we recieved in NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) or for that matter any worker that works in a nuclear plant. The containment is so stringent that you can only do actual work of about 3 hours on an eight hour day and you CANNOT leave the plant if your reading over 1 REM.

The Japanese have to make some decisions here and stop softshoe responses as the world is now depending on them.

Dr. Tom Burnett has an article that states "A nuclear meltdown is a self-sustaining reaction. Nothing can stop it except stopping the reaction. And that would require a nuclear weapon. In fact, it would require one in each containment to merely stop what is going on now. But it will be messy."

If the option is to burn it up quick compared to letting it slowly fizzle all of its energy on my childrens food then I support the former. Or is political correctness going to cause our suicide?

The Japanese need to pull up their boot straps and get to it. Maybee you would have more workers if you gave each family of the men that went in 2 million dollars BEFORE they go in. Many men will sacrifice themselves for their families.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And your background is and how long have you been in Japan working at the plants??

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

edit on 29-3-2011 by Analyze76 because: x

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76
Unfortuneately, we are witnessing the worst enviormental catastrophie in mankinds history.

Hyperbole much?

Secondly, no, I'm not losing patience with the Japanese. Please be more disrespectful to the country that just lost almost 30,000 people and incurred billions of dollars in damage.

They're doing the best they can. Edit: No wait, I'm sorry. Japan WANTS to lose the remaining half of their country to irradiated fallout.

You know what? How about you cart yourself over there and go assist with the containment effort.
edit on 29-3-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

edit on 29-3-2011 by Analyze76 because: x

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

You are ex Army with that spelling, I smell bull# my friend, and what would you have the Japanese do, apart from the Russian method of encasing it in a metal and concrete sarcophagus, there isnt really a whole lot to be done with a plant in this state. I believe they are trying their best to get the plant under control or to stabilise parts of it. Cant really ask any more of them

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

And why would they pay 2 million dollars for people to sacrifice themselves when workers are voluntarily doing it as we speak, to you watch the news or just jump onto the internet and smash at the keyboard with your forehead until you get a response

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Good grammer yourself.

Good luck and go back to your smoke and hairy legged petuli smellin coffee shop

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yeah, those darn Japanese intentionally doing the whole earthquake / tsunami thing and making those reactors go bad.
What are you on about?
I'm sure the folks there fighting the radiation are quite tired too, only difference is if they stop they die.
You get to rant on halfway across the world.
BTW, unless you have been to Japan since the catastrophe started you have nothing to worry about.
I know you have the army, nbc, hazmat, cnn, nfl training but....
We were setting off bombs here in the US out in the open and we did fine.
Not to mention the huuuuuge radiation sponge we call the ocean in between us.

edit on 29-3-2011 by g146541 because: Just making sure my "grammar" was right.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
From what I understand radiation is accumulative. So in my mind I see it this way... The radiation is blowing over the USA in small doses and it looks like it is going to continue to do so for a long time to come. The western states that produce so much of Americas produce is being dusted with low levels of radiation. How long until our produce becomes overly tainted and we cant eat them unless giving them a chemical bath? Will we be able to make large green houses to grow produce and keep it from fall out? Will covering acres of land with plastic sheets make it any safer? These are just a few of the things I ponder on at night while trying to go to sleep. I'd love to be able to tell myself that I am just over reacting but who knows.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Coffee shop, hair legs
maybe that radiation is effecting your food, stay away from the salty foods and dairy you will be fine pal

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

Agreed, it is an accumulated thing we should concern ourselves with.
But then again not alot of folks are willing to do anything about it.
Me myself, about 20% of my energy is solar and soon would like to be less dependant.
It is just too easy for folks to plug into the wall and not worry, as long as we do the PTB will find a way to sell us power with the lowest amount of work possible.
Personal responsibility is what it all boils down to, folks want all of their goodies and they want them NOW!
They do not consider the long term, and invest into future needs.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I really doubt that these folks are pussy footing around. They are one of the few groups that know the devastation that radiation can cause to the human body on a large scale. They're not stupid and know this crap needs to be contained yesterday.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Probably someone said it before but...what idiot start building nuclear reactors in an area with frequent earthquakes? Someone should dive into the contracts, investigations and government studies of before the built. I bet they will bumb into corruption...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
am i losing patience with Japanese people no with jap government yes and with ours to for down playing the seriousness of situation their government needs to ask if no beg for what ever help the world can give because THIS IS NO LONGER A JAPANESE PROBLEM BUT A WHOLE WORLD PROBLEM we are detecting radiactive iodine in north carolina as reported at south port nuclear power plant in north carolina this after our fool president said no don't run out and by potassium iodide tablets . my neighbor is 38 weeks pregnant and has a two year old she is scared to death for her kids getting cancer from this

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
what makes me wonder is the safety(?) equipment their are wearing, at least what they show us that they are wearing, some parts of body are exposed(mostly in the face), I even read something like one of guys working at nuclear plant had contact with radioactive water in his feet, seriously wtf...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Will a MOD please delete this thread,

If for anything then for respect!

This is rediculous that this is allowed to be posted!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If anything I feel sorry for the Japanese. they didn't ask for this to happen to them, I'm sure they are doing everything humanely possible to stop this crisis from worsening. More information would be nice though.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
look i am not faulting the Japanese people or the workers . i understand there troubles . i blame the Japanese
gov for trying to save face and us gov for going along with it.

top topics

join