It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many different scientists beginning to warn of impeding disaster.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Brunswick: Units 1 and 2 were approved for a 20-year license extension in June 2006. These licenses will now expire September 2036 and December 2034 respectively.
Shearon Harris: In December 2008, Shearon Harris was approved for a 20-year license extension. This license will now expire October 2046.
McGuire: In December 2003, McGuire was approved for a 20-year license extension. The license will now expire March 2043.

Yea, we have 3 here in N.C. One on the coast, one in the middle of the state and one in the western part of the state..They have us covered...No where to run to in N.C. to hide.....lol....

Thanks for the info...Sigh.:>( I live in the Piedmont area...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
All of the US spent fuel could be safely stored in the deserts of New Mexico and Arizona but environmental terrorist agencies prevented it from being moved. Blame the eco-laws that we have for being in the same situation as Japan is now. We safely store weapons grade material so there is no reason all of this much weaker spent fuel could have been stored away as it was produced.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Let me rewrite that for you without the spin used.

Many Fanatical Environmentalists taking advantage of the tragedy in Japan to push their Agenda.

There you go, that is at least honest.

There is most certainly an impending disaster (lower case intentional). The hype and exaggeration however has nothing to do with truth. Using fear to push a cause is hardly new. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Anyone on death row? Anyone serving life for murder? Get them to build the sarcophagus for the sake of all mankind.

There are always solutions, even if you can't handle the idea, morally speaking.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Nuclear power plant is the dumbest invention mankind ever created, its just plain irresponsible to fiddle with the powers we gained over nature in such a way.

They should sent the spent fuel rods on the moon....it ain't glowing enough at night

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
All of the US spent fuel could be safely stored in the deserts of New Mexico and Arizona but environmental terrorist agencies prevented it from being moved. Blame the eco-laws that we have for being in the same situation as Japan is now. We safely store weapons grade material so there is no reason all of this much weaker spent fuel could have been stored away as it was produced.

I guess your were not aware about the Rio Grande infiltration problem.

Spent fuel is not spent as long as it is radioactive. Commercial industry only uses a very small portion of the available energy, before the rods become too unstable for them to deal with. There are forms of particle radiation that we do not even have instruments to detect. None of these reactions are actually completely contained, and there are just ramifications to our actions that our tiny brains are unable to process. This is a closed system. If you use your back yard as a toilet, it will eventually begin to smell. Japan used the reactors for both reaction and fuel storage, which is much like storing dynamite next to your fireplace.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Don't sweat it.
We have an early warning system, it is called a dead nation.
When the folks in Japan are all dead then you might, just might start to worry about their situation.
Me myself i still wouldn't worry, as we have an ocean in between us.

Anyone else find it ironic that this guy is from California, where the next big quake is due?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Don't sweat it. We have an early warning system, it is called a dead nation. When the folks in Japan are all dead then you might, just might start to worry about their situation. Me myself i still wouldn't worry, as we have an ocean in between us.

Meanwhile the Japanese are cursing the idiot news media because of all the scare mongering. - Straight from guys LIVING in Toyko.

John Tofflemire says:
March 26, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Kevin in Koriyama,

Thanks for your post and best to you for hanging in there up in Koriyama. Here in Tokyo today the streets are full with people walking and on bikes and few people are wearing masks. Those that are wearing masks are for the most part doing so because of allergies (it’s pollen season here).

I read today that some shipping companies are refusing to sail into Tokyo Bay because of radiation fears and are instead delivering cargo destined for Tokyo and Yokohama in the ports of Osaka and Kobe.

This is the kind of behavior, if it goes on much longer, threatens to create a massive, unnecessary humanitarian crisis, behavior spawned and fanned by the irresponsible western press. I can tell you that Japanese people aware of the fear mongering over the Fukushima nuclear plants in the western media are very angry at this coverage

. Source

I think it is disgusting that people are running around screaming the sky is falling about "Nucules" that will never ever effect them when there is a REAL disaster that is being completely ignored and made worse by this blind hysteria.

John Tofflemire says:
March 27, 2011 at 5:25 am

I posted the following, with minor noted corrections and additions, on Climate Progress a short time ago:

Current radiation levels in Tokyo are .115 microsieverts per hour. This works out to about 1mSv per year if this unusually high amount of background radiation persists. You may be surprised to know that this [elevated level of radiation] is about one third of the average amount of background radiation Americans receive in a year. In other words, the elevated radiation we are currently receiving in central Tokyo is far less than the average American receives in the US. Those of you who are frightened about the situation here should get on a plane and fly here so that you can reduce your exposure to natural background radiation.

The situation at the Fukushima reactors is not optimal and the appropriate accounting for mistakes and adjusting will need to be done when the crisis ends. Start pointing your fingers then.

As for Lewis’ criticisms [note: a previous poster on Climate Progress] about taking two weeks to get freshwater to the Fukushima site, does he have the faintest idea as to what happened here?

More than 20,000 people are dead and more than 500,000 are homeless and dealing with that disaster was the first priority and this problem at the Fukushima plant was secondary in comparison.

Should the government have ignored all of the human suffering in order to respond to the situation at Fukushima [to satisfy your concerns]?

A close friend and colleague buried three relatives today, all young children and victims of the tsunami. This is what people here are focused on and they are angry that people like you are focused on this. Continue to focus on a problem that will be of little long term consequence here and absolutely none there.

[if you wish].

Source

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have not read this thread due to being tired but judging from the title and OP i will guess at a few scientist (varying backgrounds ect) saying all the shiz happening is not coincidence and that the devil will strike us down on the first friday after we have our sunday lunch or some BS...

Just because a few scientists have coerced with each other an perhaps have been brainwashed by other into trying to get a credible story going does not me it is true

I know very few scientists, but none of them believe any of these stories and just believe it is a bad few years at the moment and this thing happens all the time, it is Earth afterall!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
ETA: Thanks for fixing.
Reading now

edit on 29-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, great source. These are the same nuts who claimed we used nuclear weapons in Iraq and then go on to talk about Depleted uranium as their evidence.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

They should entomb the reactors immediately but they are trying to save money and praying and hoping they can revitalise the plant. Money always comes before peoples lives in the world of the illuminati

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Denver Colorado hit 105 CPM radiation tonight...

The disaster has already struck!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Its said for 3.5 billion to be wiped out it will take 16 quakes and 1 tsunami daily for 42 months, And with that effect the earth would crack open and bleed forth fire from its core scorching man and the earth

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Depleted uranium is a nuclear weapon buddy.There are consequenses for the shoters of such shells too, they take a little longer to get to you but thy can make you die most horribly too.
Funny the Depleted uranium will have just about a deleterious effect on the us soldiers and their families as it does on the Iraqis, with the birth defects and all....good luck with that.what goes around comes around they say.
Meantime who do we think we are making decisions that will take over 80,000 yrs to clean up if theres a problem?
They expect that chernobyl will be inhabited in 6 hundred years or so again.
Though the rad effects will linger for another 60,000 yrs or more.
Really what are we thinking?
That arizona storage was under Yucca mountain which sits on an aquifer as well as a fault line...fer petes sake get it right.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Depleted uranium is a nuclear weapon buddy.There are consequenses for the shoters of such shells too, they take a little longer to get to you but thy can make you die most horribly too.
Funny the Depleted uranium will have just about a deleterious effect on the us soldiers and their families as it does on the Iraqis, with the birth defects and all....good luck with that.what goes around comes around they say.
Meantime who do we think we are making decisions that will take over 80,000 yrs to clean up if theres a problem?
They expect that chernobyl will be inhabited in 6 hundred years or so again.
Though the rad effects will linger for another 60,000 yrs or more.
Really what are we thinking?
That arizona storage was under Yucca mountain which sits on an aquifer as well as a fault line...fer petes sake get it right.

They call it "DEPLETED" uranium for a reason. It's BARELY radioactive, giving off about as much radiation as the cesium that is used to paint the minute and hour hands on a watch to make them glow in the dark. DU is used as a weapon purely for its DENSITY. When fired at an armored vehicle, the dense DU cuts through steel like a knife through butter; but handling it is not dangerous in the least.

I agree that the War in Iraq was/is an illegal one - CHECK THIS OUT - but whenever I go to the site linked in the OP and they are talking about how EVIL the US is, it just makes me want to puke. Their claims are REALLY that ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Ya, Does anybody really know!!! The stuff is everywhere!!! It's all safe, so the "experts" say, but what about when something unexpected happens, like Japan, What then? S*!T!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I live in NM I don't want that crap there...they can fill a few rockets and launch it at the sun where there's plenty of radiation already and enough heat to vaporize it. Why would we ever store that crap on earth anyway. Why would we ever bring in the source of what our magnetosphere protects us from in the first place...without it we'd all be dead!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If you nuke a nuclear facility... would it be like dividing by zero?

second post

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
More bad news... the water they tested from the ocean near the plant is more thaan 3000 times the legal limit of I 131 this is looking very grim as there must be a great deal of irradiated water running back into the ocean from the plant.To me this indicates that there is serious breaches in the containment of at least one reactor.(this has been confirmed )
At this point is it still advbisable to continue to pump sea water through the reactor and back into the ocean in contaminated form?
Now that wer are aware that number 2 is in meltdown, what are the next steps that muxt be takento avert further damages?Or leaks?
How long will these fuerl rods mainyain their intense radiation before becomming inert enough to handle sfaley?
Where are all the robots? they must need robots from anyone who could provide one...
on and on it goes and the answers seem agonisingly out of date when recieved.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

About: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 30-3-2011 by LLTKing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join