It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many different scientists beginning to warn of impeding disaster.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Many different scientists beginning to warn of impeding disaster
There are several different scientists speaking up about this nuclear disaster.
This link takes you to a conglomerate of good links and opinions
edit on 29-3-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am afraid that there is an unspoken agreement to save the worst news for last.This is the way of goverments, and the people who pay the price are seldom heard from.
These people who are currently speaking up against the wall of secrecy and the lack of information or even the lack of action in dealing with fukishima s nuclear disaster.
Their credibility and carreers are one the line, and i believe that they believe what they are telling us.
For my money, weve got to entomb those reactors as soon as it is safe to do so.(this assumes it will ever be safe to do so.
Forty years of spent fuel rods are stored at fukijimas plants.
Plus the current MOX fuel that is so much more radioactive.
If there are no other options soon we must cover these things to contain the radioactivity (if we can actaully do that)
I dont hear any other solutions being elucidated.......what next?

www.globalresearch.ca...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
goodness none of the links worked so far

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Article not available...

link   
Fixed i hope????

link   
New link please.

2nd line

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

That second link takes me to the sign-in page of my hotmail account... very strange indeed

Ahhh, works now... thanks.
edit on 3/29/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Neither the op link, or the 1st poster link work.
Nevermind~~~ they work now. Thanks for sharing
At the end it says there is much we can do. really? what can we do?
edit on 29-3-2011 by toolstarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i think they are up now my appologies....s

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Fixed i hope????

Fixed indeed.

How many people realise, I wonder, that the US have about four times the amount of spent M.O.X fuel rods than Japan had stored in each of their facilities that use such terrible fuel...? The US plants are overloaded with the stuff.
Considering the very real risk of a large quake there any day, I dread to consider the consequences of that...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
ETA: Thanks for fixing.
Reading now

edit on 29-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The governments tryna cover things up. Its known and we can't do $hit about it.
Only thing we can do is be prepared and warn others who want to listen.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Link works great, thanks for this Stirling.
Lots of interesting reading.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If in fact they tell us at all,TPTB need to get the population down by 2/3rds, good start would be something like this. Between the radiation from this,the sun's increasing radioactivity,among other daily radiation doses we recieve, this is looking like they are trying to bring on the final battle. Might be a good time to make your peace with whatever god you support.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I must add that these guys are scaring the living crap out of me.....i live on vancouver island....
albeit on the eastern side, so any rains dropping tp the west will leave their content on that side of the mountains...it think it may be moot comfort.
What we need are dependable sources of information. I have no idea how much radiation it takes to make you sick or give you cancer, and ive been trying to figure out the info i can find.
There are too many variables in the equation right now to tell whats going to happen.
The main part of the problem is preventing future leaks of radiation and shutting down the runaway effect of hot fuel.
Though it apears to me that the infrastructure is irreparably damages and there is no shut down available ....
If so its high time they started spinning worst case scenarios a little more peblicly so we know what to do and what to expect.
The half lives of some of these radioactives run to the hundreds of thousands of years.
This site is definately compromised, and it is a matter of some urgency at least have some game plan....we havent heard squat yet.
Normally CNN would have a bevu of scientists to say they should do this or try that, but i think all who understand the problem see that there is no real solution.
Or we would have one presented to us.....maybe several. But to date none!
Indeed whats next?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Don't sweat it.
We have an early warning system, it is called a dead nation.
When the folks in Japan are all dead then you might, just might start to worry about their situation.
Me myself i still wouldn't worry, as we have an ocean in between us.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
We cannot even get through 50 years with TSHTF with the nuclear stuff, yet we are now stuck with this stuff for 10,000's to 100,000's of years to go before becoming safe. This planet is in a would of hurt for an age.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist

Originally posted by stirling
Fixed i hope????

Fixed indeed.

How many people realise, I wonder, that the US have about four times the amount of spent M.O.X fuel rods than Japan had stored in each of their facilities that use such terrible fuel...? The US plants are overloaded with the stuff.
Considering the very real risk of a large quake there any day, I dread to consider the consequences of that...

Here is an excellent article regarding the massive over storage of spent fuel rods here in the US.

www.activistpost.com...

And yes, it does appear that governments and other 'official agencies' will certainly withhold the bad news, truth if you will, till the last possible moment. Even the first responders form 9-11 are still learning this fact the hard way as so many of them continue to get sick and die from chemical exposure in NYC that the EPA said was safe when they knew otherwise.

My, oh, my, what is mankind up to?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
How earthquake proof are the 104 nuclear facilities that we have in the U.S? I think there are 5 here in N.C. Probably some of you here also have nuclear plants in your state too.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Brunswick: Units 1 and 2 were approved for a 20-year license extension in June 2006. These licenses will now expire September 2036 and December 2034 respectively.
Shearon Harris: In December 2008, Shearon Harris was approved for a 20-year license extension. This license will now expire October 2046.
McGuire: In December 2003, McGuire was approved for a 20-year license extension. The license will now expire March 2043.

Yea, we have 3 here in N.C. One on the coast, one in the middle of the state and one in the western part of the state..They have us covered...No where to run to in N.C. to hide.....lol....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join