It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What lies beneath. Huge opening in Japan undersea shelf, possible vent hole ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I put this here, but Mods, feel free to put it where you think it should be posted. I was looking at Google Earth today because I was bothered by something and couldn't put my finger on it until I saw a video about a woman falling into a sink hole. So I went as far down as Google allows int the ocean next to the island shelf, some 18,600+ feet and found myself in a huge hole. I looked around slowly elevating and soon discovered what I believe to be a vent hole of enormous size. When I heard of rumors of part of Japan sinking, I wondered if this had something to do with it. Check it out and tell me what you think. Here are the coordinates from Google Earth.

41 degrees 13'26.75N 144 degrees 35'39.41E
Elevation at this position looking down -15888 ft

Question, What if Japan sits atop a series of chambers where water freely flows, that are possible ancient volcanic vents. And that some really bad earthquakes could possible cause their collapse.

What do you think ?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Just like how with the BP disaster, everyone here said a huge methane explosion of mega-atomic proportions was going to erase half of the United States? Right?

Yeah, it's crazy I'm even posting this. I no longer exist.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

I dont even know if we are clear yet... On topic OP will check it out.

edit on 3/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just checked on google search about Japanese undersea vents and they discovered one recently at -16,000 feet. But the huge one I think I saw was well past -18,600 feet. I also noticed a number of large cracks in the shelf coming from it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Checked it out and it is interesting, if you look at the surrounding shadows the "hole" seems to be darker, like an edit, like someone blakened that area. If you scroll in and out from different distances it appears to be darker even on the edge of the shelf. hmm... the edge has no graident roundness like the other shelfs when they end.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Perhaps this was caused by all the aftershocks and earthquakes......

if I'm right, that means a large chunk of Japan could sink

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

That;s what my thought was as well. If much more stress is put on that area, it could simply fall off into the ocean making the March 11th tsunami look like a ripple in a pond. I'm even wondering if that's why there are so many more earthquakes as of late instead of aftershocks.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Has Google Earth even updated lately?
It's not a real-time satellite feed.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

I think they do it every three months or so on a continuous basis. I didn't think of that. I wonder what that area must look like now. If anything is flowing out of that vent.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I put this here, but Mods, feel free to put it where you think it should be posted. I was looking at Google Earth today because I was bothered by something and couldn't put my finger on it until I saw a video about a woman falling into a sink hole. So I went as far down as Google allows int the ocean next to the island shelf, some 18,600+ feet and found myself in a huge hole. I looked around slowly elevating and soon discovered what I believe to be a vent hole of enormous size. When I heard of rumors of part of Japan sinking, I wondered if this had something to do with it. Check it out and tell me what you think. Here are the coordinates from Google Earth.

41 degrees 13'26.75N 144 degrees 35'39.41E
Elevation at this position looking down -15888 ft

Question, What if Japan sits atop a series of chambers where water freely flows, that are possible ancient volcanic vents. And that some really bad earthquakes could possible cause their collapse.

What do you think ?

May be a stupid question, but how do you input those coordinates in Google Earth?

new topics

top topics

join