It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People from the US, I have a question about Ron Paul.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You might want to make note of "The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates."

I think it would also be quite telling if you compared this to contributions received for other candidates, as well. What I see here is that the vast majority of support came from individuals working for these companies.

Exactly what political positions of Ron Paul, or anything that he's actually done/supported, do you disagree with, freind?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

You can tell a lot about a man by the people that he attracts, and if you look at the Ron Paul worshipers on ATS as an example, you can tell that he attracts a very specific kind of weak minded individual.

I don't particularly like politicians who prey on the weak minded.

It's just my opinion, I am entitled to that opinion, I am not going to change that opinion, sorry, I just don't like him, I don't like the people he attracts, I don't like the kinds of people his son attracts. I don't think he would be good for the country.
edit on 3/29/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

Not sure how getting rid of the Fed would cause this...from what I can see, they're on the horizon anyway. The fedgov has been wargaming civil unrest and complete collapse for some time now as an indirect result of the Fed's mismanagement.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

You can tell a lot about a man by the people that he attracts, and if you look at the Ron Paul worshipers on ATS as an example, you can tell that he attracts a very specific kind of weak minded individual.

Calling all Ron-Paul supporters weak-minded is just more of the trolling we are all used to from you. Respectful discourse between differing views must be really difficult.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

He preys on weak minded people? That's just not true. Thats what other politicians like bush and obama do. That, in my opinion is just flat wrong. And like the other guy said, its not him, its his message. I don't care who says it, but it happened to be ron paul so he's the one I support. Don't insult people because they support someone's ideas.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You're definitely more than entitled to your opinion and able to keep it, so we'll agree to disagree.

I tend to see the opposite, though. When I look at most other 'politicians' supporters, I usually notice that there's not really any significant populist support. Usually they are apathetic and disinterested, with a glaring ignorance as to the background of most issues the country is currently facing.

When you look at a dyed-in-the-wool Ron Paul supporter, though, you see a highly varied base from a large number of lifestyles and income ranges who have usually actually taken the effort to educate themselves on most of these topics.

Keep your opinion at will, but I'd really like to know how you came to it as most people I've talked to previously tend to only believe certain things until they learn more about them.

Peace to you.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

We can only hope he doesn't get elected. Ron Paul in my opinion is a career politician who only offers lip service to the masses. He is lobbyist controlled just like the rest of them.

In my opinion America doesn't need to keep getting presidents from congress, we need a real citizen as a president, not a lawyer or a lobbyist puppet.

I would have to agree with you on that.
wow, that's a first .... lmao

that's why I threw my hat in the ring for president
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and as the OP asked about Paul, I don't think
I need to post the same thing twice so I'll just refer
him/her to my thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
He is one of the few true Americans, as it seems.

He believes that The Constitution is the law of the land, not Bank of America, Chase, Wallstreet and the likes.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

1. It is no secret that much of his funding comes from military personnel. There's reason they support him. Most people in the military take their oath seriously and don't wanna be fighting wars for oil or misguided attempts to police the world. Ron Paul is a doctor and former military himself.

2. Home builders, health professionals, and real estate people who are honest don't like and never liked the way the government pumped those sectors full of BS regulations that served only to crash those sectors.

3. If you do a side by side comparison of who is funding Ron Paul from certain institutions in the links you provided you would see that it is mostly individuals from their respective industries and services.

From your second link

The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

edit on 29-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I do not worship Ron Paul like a God. I do however think he is the best option we have. As someone else has pointed out about the funding evidence you provided, it is not representative of an organization, it is representative of individuals. A lot of his funding comes from people in the military. Ron Paul does not think we should be spread out over the globe and fighting in these silly wars which he had no business getting involved in from the start. So what does it tell you when the people who are fighting around the globe agree with him?

You are completely entitled to your opinion, but you have no right to put down others for their opinion, and when you make a claim such as "You worship Ron Paul like a God" that is exactly what you are doing. It is also very unfair to paint all Ron Paul supporters with the same very broad brush. You claim you do not like the "type" of people he attracts... well it is a matter of fact that his biggest supporters are usually part of the military, but I do not hear you saying anything about disliking the type of people the military attracts. Ron Paul also gets a lot of support from people in the medical field. They also do not like the way government had a hand in people's healthcare, they agree with his views on Medicaid, so do you also dislike the "type" of people Medical Schools attract?

I support Ron Paul, so I guess that means you dislike the "type" of person that I am. So maybe you can tell me then, what type of person am I?
edit on 29-3-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hey there, Boondock.

I just took a look at your noted Ron Paul thread, and I'm a bit baffled and was hoping you could clarify (sorry if I missed it in the pages over there if you already covered).

Let me envision the big plan...

"Hey guys, we've got to do something about the '08 election. Everyone is mainly still asleep and not paying attention to what we're doing yet, and none of our big disasters have shaken loose yet.

I've got it! Let's set the republicans up to fail, ha ha! We'll run the first woman AND (semi-)black presidential candidates ever on the democrat side, a sure thing! But that's not confusing enough yet. We'll also run typical establishment candidates on the republican side, just to make things look like business as usual.

But we're still missing something. Let's see, we've got apathetic and ignorant americans not really worrying about any of our big behind the scenes gigs. We've got obvious populist choices with our first woman & black picks and old white republicans we can use to divide the people's efforts and attentions against each other with..what could it missing...?

Aha! We need a libertarian OBGYN congressman (this is where my understanding of the plan breaks down) we can completely marginalize and ridicule in the media, who will start talking about all the things we don't want to get the people thinking about, and start a grassroot effort that starts biting us in the arse since it will be diametrically-opposed to most of what we're trying to carry out, yes!"

If I've misunderstood something, please let me know what it is since the whole idea of a national candidate talking about the things Ron Paul does seems counter-productive, and the fact that it was completely dumped upon, disregarded, mocked and buried by effectively all establishment outlets seems to exacerbate this. When they've already got more than enough support on pretty much every angle to keep doing what they want as they have been for quite some time...what's the point? What did they accomplish other than that which was LEAST useful to their status quo?

Peace to you.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Political Action Committees are just another word for lobby groups.

How can one work for the people when they are funded by special interests? One simply cannot trust any politician who's pockets are filled by those with specific agendas. Is there any real difference between a "campaign donation" and a bribe? Mr. Paul is not a poor man, working this long in Congress has afforded him quite a comfortable lifestyle, certainly if he were an honest "man of the people" politician, he would not need campaign contributions from PACs.

I stand by my statement that Ron Paul is a career politician and while he might blow good smelling smoke up the rear ends of his faithful worshipers, he is no different than Nancy Pelosi, or John Boehner.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It's just my opinion, I am entitled to that opinion, I am not going to change that opinion, sorry, I just don't like him, I don't like the people he attracts, I don't like the kinds of people his son attracts. I don't think he would be good for the country.
edit on 3/29/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

I'm normally on the same page as you when I read your posts and I used to paint Ron Paul with same brush I painted many staunch conservatives (and he is a staunch conservative... just a weird one). This is why I think it's important to me that you really try to look at this guy objectively. He's a different cat, altogether.

His stances on several issues run counter to what I believe (immigration being one of them) and, because of that, I'm normally hesitant to publicly announce my support for the guy. But, once you discover his core mission, none of the differing views matter. Lemme break it down for you:

1. He wants to give states more sovereignty.
2. He wants to have NO federal laws governing what is and is not criminal in a state. (ie, if your state wants to legalize smoking corn husks naked in the Town Hall while committing sex acts with a prostitute, your state is more than welcome to legalize that)
3. He wants the US military to only have a defense role.
4. If elected, he doesn't plan on having to do much at all as the feds would only be concerned with a very limited scope.

See what I mean? No matter how you feel about his more detailed policies, it's his overall goal that is good for everybody. I wouldn't want him to be my town mayor or my state governor but I'd like him just fine as a president.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by j-man

In a nutshell...Ron Paul is the man who will never be president. They will NEVER let that happen.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by j-man

Here you go.

Here's some more information for you.

Just to let people know there's more to the links you gave then meets the eye...
Check out the fine print below the table of contributors,
"The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates."

Which also provides a link to this: Why (and How) We Use Donors' Employer/Occupation Information

"Under federal law, all contributions over $200 must be itemized and the donor's occupation and employer must be requested and disclosed, if provided. The Center uses that employer/occupation information to identify the donor's economic interest. We do this in two ways:

First, we apply a code to the contribution, identifying the industry. Totals for industries (and larger economic sectors) can be seen in each candidate and race profile, and in the Industry Profile section of the OpenSecrets website.
Second, we standardize the name of the donor's employer. If enough contributions came in from people connected with that same employer, the organization's name winds up on the Top Contributor list."
www.opensecrets.org...

edit on 29-3-2011 by SalemsLot because: added quote

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul...LOVE.

I pray daily that he will be elected as president.

He will be the best thing that ever happens to Canada!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Weak minded? From somebody who has a Glenn Beck quote in their sig... that is hilarious. I guess it's true when psychologists say people's criticisms reflect more about themselves than about the people they criticize.

But that's what happens when you don't have any factual legs to stand on, you start calling names and turn on the TV and wait for further instructions.

Ron Paul is the only politician I've ever admired because he is the only who actually does what he says when elected. Your own links that you provided shows that he gets a majority of money from individuals. Why would any lobbying group try to give him money for influence? They have to know by his 30 year voting record that they are not going to buy any influence, doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

We can only hope he doesn't get elected. Ron Paul in my opinion is a career politician who only offers lip service to the masses. He is lobbyist controlled just like the rest of them.

In my opinion America doesn't need to keep getting presidents from congress, we need a real citizen as a president, not a lawyer or a lobbyist puppet.

Well, atleast we know its your opinion. You obviously have no clue on the ideals that Ron Paul stands for. He is for a sound monetary system. He believes in less government intervention. He suggests establishing a sound tangible asset to the USD. And wants to bring an End to the Fed. Let me guess, you're making your comments on what you saw during the last primaries huh? Bet you haven't taken the time to notice the amount of momentum he has gained in the past 2 years, due to the empty suit we call a President.
Crap of get off the pot~
edit on 29-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Better yet, why not do yourself a favor, read his books, End the Fed, and Revolution, A manifesto...maybe then you'll be able to conjure up a constructive thought, that most readers will consider viable. Until then...please stop your trolling...We know you love Obama, and think the empty suit...errr...... I mean messiah can do know wrong, ( of course facts would suggest otherwise ).....or move along.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Was that suppose to be humorous? Didnt see the humor in it at all?

Go away troll, unless you have something constructive to add~

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join