It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil from Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well, well, well, Gadhaffi has not left yet and they are already trying to get the oil out, and I guess Libya wasn't for the oil?

www.channelnewsasia.com...

BENGHAZI, Libya: Oil fields in rebel-held territory in Libya are producing between 100,000 and 130,000 barrels a day, and the opposition plans to begin exporting oil "in less than a week", a rebel representative said on Sunday. "We are producing about 100,000 to 130,000 barrels a day, we can easily up that to about 300,000 a day," said Ali Tarhoni, the rebel representative responsible for economy, finance and oil, at a news conference.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
They're selling it to Qatar, what's the big deal?

What would you have them do with it if not sell it?

Rely on their tourism industry?

Ha!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The big deal is the country is being torn apart and yet they can still get their precious oil through. Same old same old NWO garbage.

www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It's what they do for a living. I don't see anything out of the ordanary if they exported widgets they would get their widget factories up and running. The ammount of oil they produce is like 2% 2.5% not a lot really but they need $$$$ to continue the fight

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Money to continue the fight? They are getting that from the US, I wouldn't be suprised if the US are playing both sides in this war as usual.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I couldn't help but remember that Libya is ranked 10th in amount of oil reserves, but only 17th in petroleum production.
So obviously we have oil interests in Libya. Lots of oil to be produced.
I guess the USA needs an oil change every 2 years so we need to go to war for it every 2 years.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I knew it, I knew it, all this war there and the UN there, all this was about oil... my goodness, where is this planet going to? could you imagine the day, a new generation with no oil?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alejogn

There are a lot of alternative energies out there to explore, a lot of them are being kept from us, or poo-pooed because they say it is too expensive, It is not just about the oil but control, world government, and population reduction.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alejogn

There are a lot of alternative energies out there to explore, a lot of them are being kept from us, or poo-pooed because they say it is too expensive, It is not just about the oil but control, world government, and population reduction.

top topics

join