It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Intelligent life on Earth already left?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I have just written another thread regarding a theory on how life came to be on Earth and this theory may be a little conflicting. Who said you had to believe one specific theory, maybe they interlock somehow.

I have just read the thread on Puma Punku and how on Earth could it have been built by primitive humans.

It may be that the people that built Puma Punku, Stonehenge, The Mayan Pyramids and Temples, The heads on Easter Island, The Great Pyramids and other seemingly impossible structures, had advanced technology and capabilities. So much so that they perfected space travel (or time travel) and left Earth Long ago. Maybe they were a different species to us, we are the slow descendants of Apes who stumble occasionally upon ancient technology and have unfortunately taken a path of silicon and electricity based technology which we are now unable to deviate from limiting our capabilities.

WE NEVER built any of these structures, all we did was rediscover them...
edit on 29-3-2011 by fiftyfifty because: added link

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I really like where you are going with this. Its a very interesting concept and one that we cannot disprove. Perhaps in 10,000 years, our future inhabitants will unearth a cellphone and wonder what or why we would make such a useless device!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Agree, and they are us, and we are them.... it is not aliens as in unknown extraterrestials visiting us, it is our ancestors coming back and checking on their ancient homeland. However, they are so far advanced, and we are so far behind them, that meaningful convergance at this time would be near impossible.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
All I know is that the Atlanteans definitely did exist!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leemo
All I know is that the Atlanteans definitely did exist!

Do you? Really? Who were the Atlanteans and where did they go?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Very interesting! I was reading this last week on the internet about how the Cro-magonon man's IQ was higher than the average person today. Also that the IQ of the population of today is on a downward spiral called Anthropolysis. It was a very long thesis explaining why this was so.
I found a book of my grandfather's and it was a book of extremely complicated Math. It was for a 6th grader!! I know I never had that type of Math in the 6th grade and not even in high school. .He was brilliant in Math. Lived to 105 years old.
edit on 29-3-2011 by ellieN because: add to

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They were so advanced that they built structures using only the tools and materials of the people of that time?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Personally, I like to look to the Hopi, Inca, Maya, and Vedic Indian texts of stories of past worlds and destroyed civilizations. I like to believe us humans have risen and fallen several times... that we've had more than one stone age, more than one nuclear age, and more than one aviation age. Global cataclysm pushed us near extinction and forced us to start over.

Where are the tools? Fill a modern house with plasma televisions, computers, and all of our electronic gadgetry... park a car in the driveway and fill the garage with all types of our modern tools. How long do you think these objects will last?

"Modern" man is estimated at over 400,000 years... hominids and other humans date back millions of years.
Our current academic knowledge only shows mankind's last 10,000 or so history... that is a LOT of history unaccounted for!!!

Everything is speculation anyways, but this theory fits in with my ideas/beliefs better than any Ancient Astronaut Theory.

edit on 3/29/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Whether we evolved over the millennia as life from chemical interaction and luck, or whether another intelligence sparked life will never really be known, although I tend to believe the former as this is plausible and the chemistry is at least demonstrable. If the birth of life was sparked by another intelligence then why and who created the intelligence?

You cannot have it being impossible on earth and possible elsewhere.

On the building of ancient monuments, there are myriad demonstrations how they were created using the tools and technology of the time. This subject has been exhaustively researched. There is no need to think that just because you (personally) cannot comprehend the motivations and abilities of our ancient ancestors that they were unable to create extraordinary buildings and artefacts.

There is no evidence that these monuments were built by advanced civilisations. The fact they are imperfect demonstrates that they are manmade – rather the product of high tech.

Great fantasy, poor theory.

Regards

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well i want to address the thread title. And that all Intelligent life that could leave earth, would do so if it was possible. I for one think were destroying ourselves and i am not like 98% of the rest of the world. I dont match thier anger and frustration so why cant i leave. Because i dont have the power too.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's an interesting theory,i was watching tv show fringe & somebody said humans have only been on earth something like 250,000 years as far as we know but the earth it's self is millions & millions of years old,how many civilizations have grown & fallen before that.
i think all the places you've mentioned have a link somewhere,the idea they were built by an intelligent is an interesting one & can't be ruled out

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Can say whether the intelligent life has left or not, although I rather suspect it may have.

Looking at some of the past civilisations currently we can only go back to Sumeria. We can't answer how the Sumerians gained such a level of sophistication,without a past civilisation to instil that level of knowledge and development they so quickly acquired.

The Indian civilisation have references to flying machines, and interstellar flying machines which their scrolls indicate were controlled by their pilot 's brain. Strangely enough, an artefact from South America may support this because it is a small replica of the machine the Indian's ancient literature talks about.

I don't think we have really grasped the meaning of the geological evidence and ice cores that tell us our planet has terrible upheavals at times. Since the last Ice Age I read we have had (bear with me can't find the book) .3 major catastrophes, around 19,000 or 17,000 years ago, 9,000 and 5000 years ago. Interestingly on another thread it seems that a meteor hit Al Almara in Iraq which could have caused the flood from the Enuma Elish tale of Noah. We know from Japan recently that any building not heavy enough to withstand the onslaught of water is washed away and you are left with match sticks; so I can accept without much worry that unless we dig and find evidence, there will be precious little left of earlier societies.

They obviously didn't use our antiquated petrol engines and didn't make their fuel coal, for heating their homes and for making electricity so they obviously utilised some other form of power.

If you had the technology and you had the knowledge that the earth was about to erupt in some form then I expect they left to either wait it out or start hopefully on somewhere more stable.

If you think of the level of knowledge necessary to construct and align some ot the monuments we have from the ancient world, Nan Madol, Baalbec, Pyramids, you wonder if we are capable of designing, aligning and constructing
monuments on a parr with those?
I would have thought we were well on our way to catching up with them, however we have been deliberately hampered in our development by a number of things:

I do believe religion has surpressed education, hindered science in the past and held us back.

Our technology today in some areas is hide bound. We still use petrol mechanical engines and seem slow to develop or investigate other technologies..

In other areas our technology although giving us fantastic communication and access to information on the web, tv, film etc it does not seem to have improved the level of education, in fact thats dropping.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

More than once my friend.

And one day they'll return.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Why would they want or need to return?

IT's an interesting theory that many civilisations may have risen and finally left. Maybe that explains how or why they 'disappeared'. I know many civilisations supposedly faded away gradually and mixed with more 'modern' civilisations but how do we know for sure?

It could be like most other things and work in a cycle, races evolve and grow to the point where they are able to leave Earth while the less advanced are left to go through the same process. (If we managed to get to that stage, would we take the tribes of Africa or the Amazon with us?? I think they would be left to evolve themselves.)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Why would they want or need to return?

IT's an interesting theory that many civilisations may have risen and finally left. Maybe that explains how or why they 'disappeared'. I know many civilisations supposedly faded away gradually and mixed with more 'modern' civilisations but how do we know for sure?

It could be like most other things and work in a cycle, races evolve and grow to the point where they are able to leave Earth while the less advanced are left to go through the same process. (If we managed to get to that stage, would we take the tribes of Africa or the Amazon with us?? I think they would be left to evolve themselves.)

How dew We kNow those civilizations actually existed?

How dew We kNow that any of our written history is correct?

How dew We know that anything here is of our dew'n?

Peeps take it for granted that everything they've been taught about our history is correct/real but if We always dew/find the same things, then "those" behind this would kNow exactly what to plant and where to plant it, to get us to buy into our written history.
But then, who wrote our written history?

Everyone is living an illusion.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Considering todays trash culture, copy-paste over edited music and shows like Jersy Shore....

Id say intelligent life hasn't been on this planet for quite some time.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

How dew We kNow those civilizations actually existed?

How dew We kNow that any of our written history is correct?

How dew We know that anything here is of our dew'n?

Peeps take it for granted that everything they've been taught about our history is correct/real but if We always dew/find the same things, then "those" behind this would kNow exactly what to plant and where to plant it, to get us to buy into our written history.
But then, who wrote our written history?

Everyone is living an illusion.

Ribbit

Ha! So... Which do you subscribe to: 1984 or The Matrix?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk
They were so advanced that they built structures using only the tools and materials of the people of that time?

Yea ...they were smart enough to realize how to do it with simple things where we have failed.

Hard to understand ?

top topics

join