It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Glen Fault Line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hi Folks,

I noticed that the Great Glen Fault line had another small quake today:

Highland EQ

We also had a larger quake a few months ago at the other end of the fault, near Mallaig.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any info/links to previous quakes in the Highlands and/or any other info about seismic activity in the Highlands.

I live right on the Northern tip of the fault line in Inverness, so any info would be appreciated

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlandlad

hi highland lad
never heard a thing about it mate,will keep my ear to the ground,
lovely part of the world man,. how are the dolphins getting on?
off topic, have you ever been to the clava cairns?, not too far from you, some weird sh&t happened to me there !

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sidewalker

Hi Sidewalker,

The Dolphins are doing just fine mate, we usually see them in the harbour from May/June, so hopefully they'll be back this year too!

Clava Cairns is indeed a very weird and spooky place!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Gosh, I used to live in Glen Urquhart which is pretty close to you by the sound of it. Ever been to Boleskine house where crowley used to live? and to the person who mentions Clava Cairns, yes, very spooky spot.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

hi there, is that the estate jimmy page from led zep bought? don't know if he still owns it though,
not been up that way in far too long !

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sidewalker

Yeah thats the one. Apparently he didn't like to stay there too often anyway, he heard weird noises. I think it might be owned by the forestry commision now, but thinking about it I haven't lived in the area for a long time now so things might have changed. Everyone I know that has been to Boleskine saw and heard odd stuff there, it's a very unnerving place.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Hi Synthetic,

I've only ever been to Boleskine once, never again! It's just waaay to sppoky

Apparently houses in Drumnadrochit and Abriachan were feeling the shakes from this wee quake, I never felt anything in Inverness though.

I'm just a bit worried, as this is the second quake to hit the Great Glen in as many months, one at either end of it too

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

sounds like you are heading for orkney mate!
as if it doesn't take long enough when you're playing caley thistle haha
i'll need to get myself to boleskine, sounds very intruiging
take it easy man

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

heh, i went to school in drumnadrochit!

why don't you look back over records and see if there is any pattern of EQ history in the past?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Would it be the British Geological Society that hold that information? I'm assuming it would be. I'll have a check this afternoon and see if there's any further info on their site.

top topics

join