It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan battles to regain 'priceless' 2000 year old Lead Books More important than dead sea scroll

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
anyone else concerned that israel is in control of this ?

their entire ideology is centered on the belief that the messiah has yet to come. so what if these lead scrolls talk of jesus as the messiah and his return from the dead ?

people, especially religious scholars dont take information well when it counters their beliefs. so who is to say a few of the scrolls dont go missing...

I cant imagine Israel's religious leaders coming forward and stating "oops folks we were wrong, jesus is the messiah"
edit on 30-3-2011 by admriker444 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444

Yes, I am. Israeli archaeology is too politically focused to be objective, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maymunah
Jesus said this:

Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Not the sign of the Son of man in some cave in the desert. But He did say this:

Matthew 24:26
Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

And this:

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

So whatever comes out of all this...I'll just stick to the original, surely we don't need anymore confirmation than what we've already been given

edit on 30-3-2011 by Maymunah because: (no reason given)

I'm calling it -- that paraphrase is bull.

The bible really uses the word "insomuch?" GTFO lol, if it does, that's complete proof of text tampering.

I'm not religious, but here is the deal... unless you have your hands on the original, and you can read the ancient language.... you aren't reading the truth. Simple.

Also, some one made a comment about the dead sea scrolls being released to the public 40 years after they were "found" and claiming that since 40 years went by it could easily be edited.

Well....

How about the very first time it's translated it could be edited on the fly by the tranlators... how would anyone know the difference, as you have no basis for comparison. One of the biggest proponents for the reason I don't believe in the bible is this factor alone.... weather it by human error, or simple treachery.... it cannot be trusted.

I'm sure the people who believe every lick of the book, will label be as a demon, or a servant of satan.... but I'm not denouncing any belief, just showing how incredibly easy it is to dupe the masses.

Who checks the work? Even still, who taught them the original language? If I teach you a language I can comprimise it any way I like... I can change the word peace into war and you would never know the difference, all the time saying peace, when peace actually means war.

To much room for error for there not to be grave errors.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
reply to post by ibegood2

Before we go any further, please explain to us all what you think "bedouin" means. Thank you.
A Bedouin is a Jordanian. or a Arabian nomad. Jordon is the main country were they reside, and they are spread around the middle east, including Isreal. is this sufficent? and who is US?

edit on 31-3-2011 by ibegood2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk
Just about anything would be better for christians than the dead sea scrolls. Remember that the dead sea scrolls were from the same time and area of christ but never mention christ.
Lets just see if any of these writtings actually mention christ.

Of course they don't mention Christ. The most recent book found at the caves of Qumran was Daniel and it was written 400 years before Christ was born.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wow!!! Some interesting replies here, many of them based on gnostic/scicentific thinking, standard issue public education reading/rationalizations.

Johnny Cannuk,

[i[]Originally posted by admriker444

Yes, I am. Israeli archaeology is too politically focused to be objective, IMHO.

The archeology of other nations is not politically focused..or financed by the governments of other political nations??
I don't know if you understand this but much of science itself is financed by governments with political motives in mind. And politics is often a hidden/concealed/occult religion in its motives and practices. Government will not allow any discovery in archeology to harm/put light on its political objectives or motives.
Just think of the history of Divine Right of Kings and to what it has gelled today....absolute power.

Darkk,

see when someone makes up a story to make sense of something they don't understand it is either religion or science.
God created everything= religion
there was nothing then BANG= science

Be very careful about science as well. Many of their deeper speculations read much like Star Wars.

A long time ago
In a galaxy
far far away....

Remember that much of science is financed by the body politic. And in today's world...the body politic of almost every nation is moving more towards absolute power...right back to what the Egyptian Pharaohs were..absolute power. It does not matter if absolute power is embodied in a single person or a committee. It is still absolute power. Logical, reasonable, intelligent, enlightened men always gravitate towards absolute power...always. This is the track record of history. Another word for logical, intelligent, reasonable, enlightened men is gnostic...and this is religious in it's origins.
What happens among men with logical, intelligent, reasonable, enlightened gnostic reasoning going on and directing the daily affairs of men ..is California....or Washington DC...both have a common fingerprint. These highly educated, reasonable, logical, intelligent, enlightened peoples/leaders...cannot balance a budget.
Do I need to take a lie detector/DNA test on this???!!!

The technique of today is to keep so many in the dark while getting them to think they are educated and enlightened. However...this is only a variation of what was going in in past times. Technology just causes many of us think we are smarter than in times past.

So let us take a look at absolute power and how it was broken or curtailed/controlled in times past.

Going back to Egypt..the first really big kingdom of absolute power recorded...we see that the Pharaoh was a god man. Religion is the absolute power..the most powerful form of absolute power in this world. Political as well as economic power. Nothing will determine the economic course of a nation faster than their religion. Religion is almost the most single absolute determiner of where a nations economic direction goes or does not go.

But the Pharaoh was a god man..god with us. The Pharaoh could determine if one went to their version of heaven or hell. The whip for punishment or the hooked staff for mercy...weighed against a scale...your good or bad deeds weighed against a feather.
This system was supported for the Pharaoh..by a priesthood. No one dared oppose a Pharaoh because they could be sent to the underworld if they disobeyed. The power of the Pharaoh was absolute. There was nothing the Pharaoh could do and be held accountable or responsible for it. Absolute power.

The kingdoms which followed after Egypt all had variations of this system of absolute power.
Even the Children of Israel tried to follow this pattern ..though they were told not to do this...that they were not to be like other nations surrounding them. They wanted a king over them..a king that they could see...such that they could be like other nations. In the end their God relented and gave them a king over them...such that they could be like other nations. This is recorded as God doing this not in His pleasure but in his displeasure with the Children of Israel.

What is recorded is that almost from the beginning it turned out to be a mess and the Children of Israel got into one mess or mischief after another and became just like the nations surrounding them and it resulted over time into the destruction of their nation. This is what Gnostic Wise men religions do. They had substituted the religions of men for the Faith in their God.

Rome was to go on and realize that their biggest threat was this new religion taking place...Christianity. What they decided to do is take the government and make a religion out of it. To have the outward appearance of religion while in the background ..mostly unnoticed by peoples..practicing something other than what was instructed for a Christian Church.

What Rome did was to practice in secret..the continued religion of absolute power..while trying to appear on the outside to be Christian. It was Rome which was to put the crowns on the heads of many leaders or kings. Therefore the power of these kings came from God or Rome. The power structure was once again ..absolute. Just a continuation of the Egyptian Pharaohs. The kings worked for Rome and the Roman priesthoods and everyone but the people got a cut. Not much different from the Royalty of Egypt. Nothing had changed..just the outward appearance looked a bit different.

However..economically there was no progress in the world. A few lived well and had a little..and the rest had almost nothing.

The system of priest kings was in force almost everywhere you looked in the world. Royalty/Feudalism maintained by a priesthood.

And the progress or lack thereof is in the history to testify of this system at work.

Only two places in history are recorded as having broken away from this system.

Martin Luther in Northern Germany and England after Henry the VIII th. It is in these two areas of the world that we begin to see progress happening..economic progress...where people are able to keep more of what they produce and determine their economic/political futures.
IT was some 200 years after 1519 and the Lutheran breakaway that writers were to remark that there was a noticeable difference in the standard of living in the Catholic verses the non Catholic areas of Europe. This is a religious difference.

However..in England something very different happened which could happen nowhere else. A king caused to be written a version of the Bible in English which became known as the King James Bible. Now there were already in existence Bibles in English. The Tyndale, The Wycliffe, The Great English Bible. But something very different happened with the publishing and release to the people of this Bible.

These people discovered that their King was in Heaven and not on the throne of England. That their king on the throne of England put his pants on one leg at a time just like them and his purpose was the administration of just English laws. The kings power was not absolute.

As History would play out..this next king..Charles Ist..got involved in a foreign war and needed financing for his war. (Does this sound familiar??) Well the parliament would not pass the tax/financing that the king needed for his war and hence the king decided he was going to pass his own tax in violation of the Magna Carta. Under the Magna Carta only the parliament could pass a tax.
The king decided his power was absolute...Divine Right of Kings. Eventually the lines were drawn and resulted in a English Civil War...and a bloody one too.

But before this war was over...the king was captured and tried for treason..put on the scaffold and his head was cut off. People discovered that his blood did not run Blue.

This is very very bad news for the king club and absolute power..ie..divine right of kings. Bad news.
This is the first time recorded that an ordinary peoples had ever turned on, tried, and executed a king.
This could not have happened in a Catholic Country..not possible.

And this is what came out of that King James Bible. This is what the Gnostic Wise men religions of today do not want you to know.

This is the history that the founding fathers here in America knew. That when a king had broken the law..did his subjects have a right and a precedent to turn against him..and the English Civil war and Oliver Cromwell...had settled that issue. Yes they did. This is what religion did to and for a people.

Of course today ..now that we are educated ..have highly educated leaders..sophists..wise men..gnostics..intelligences..intellectuals..men of letters..men of degrees.....they cannot even balance a budget.

And the results of not being able to balance a budget is on the verge of bringing a nation down economically to where the people will live and return back to a feudal economy...where a few have a little and the rest have almost nothing.

Very much like the economic system under Rome and even under the Communists. And remember something..the Communists came along under the gnostic wise men philosophies..so prevalent and taught in our institutions of higher learning.

We are seeing more and more governments attempting to return to "Absolute Power" in an attempt to solve the economic problem which none of them seem want to solve..only strengthen their power over people..absolute power..a return to the power of the Pharaoh's. A return to the wise men religions of olde. Feudalism. All power in the hands of government. Complete with priesthood..but in this case..the priesthood will be science.

What is laughable about this..though it is in actuality a serious topic..is that no matter how many scientific types..economics professors, philosophers..academics they put on it ..nothing seems to change. This indicates to those trained in it..that another religion another philosophy is taking place..not the one advertised to the public to keep and maintain power.

The sum of this long dissertation is that for all the posturing on these tablets from Jordan...the central point out of history is missing from many of the posters while they attempt to push their own religious/political beliefs.
Most of these posts are only stamped out xerox copies of what was fed to them in public schools and through a very political media/education system. They do not know that they have parts of their educations/knowledge's missing.

Be very careful about Gnostic teachings..they are not the product advertised. And this too can be found in history if one knows where and how to look.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Wow!!! Some interesting replies here, many of them based on gnostic/scicentific thinking, standard issue public education reading/rationalizations.
Johnny Cannuk,

[i[]Originally posted by admriker444

The archeology of other nations is not politically focused..or financed by the governments of other political nations??

I know when I practice archaeology here, nobody is looking over my shoulder to see how it relates back to the Old Testament.
Just sayin'...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

This is sectarian bias and ridiculousness. The Sacred Namers are what the JW's were before "Jehovah" was debunked. The reason why the Greeks referred to him as Iesus (SUESS not ZEUS, big phonetic difference: IC XC) is because Greek is a gender based language and Ya'hshuah's name ends on an A making it feminine. You are right about the intrusion of J however. Still, you owe nearly every aspect of your faith to the Orthodox of the Middle East and Greece, without which Ya'hshuah's divinity would never have been established. Besides, Ya'hshuah said the "Gates of Hades would not prevail against [his church as established by the disciples]". There is a very narrow list of Churches that can lay claim to unbroken Apostollic Succession: Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox (Copts, Ethiopians, etc), Assyrian Church of the East, and the Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Catholics are responsible for numerous genocides, colonialism, and fitting into Revelations a bit too snugly. The Assyrian Church of the East is based mostly on the Nestorian heresy which diminishes the true nature of the incarnation and hasn't had much influence outside of Mesopotamia (Iraq and Persia). Oriental and Eastern Orthodox are essentially the same in practice and only divided on semantics concerning the two natures of Christ and whether they are distinct, mixed, or overlap eachother. The Eastern Orthodox have stayed the same since the Seventh Ecumenical Council and their Liturgy and practices are ancient and can be dated to Patmos and the Catacombs at least. Your proto-Ebionite sacred name sects are people trying to emulate the Apostles while removed by a wide gulf of 2,000 years. Be careful of which part of the Apostollic Church you condemn, you happen to owe everything to the pre-schismatic Church. By the way, I am Antiochian Orthodox and my church is full of Palestinian immigrants who have had Christianity in their families since the beginning. Go to the Holy Land, you will find nearly all of the Semitic Christians to be Orthodox or some form of Old Catholic.
edit on 31-3-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Longdead33

many people's lives will be shattered if they realize that they lived their lives based on a lie.

Not really, when I learned the Big Bang and Abiogenesis were lies it didn't really faze me at all, in fact I was more happy.

You were probably dreaming then because there is no scientific proof that these are lies. On the contrary there is proof that no nailing on the cross is mentioned in the original version of the Bible, that the authors are not really who the church claims it is, that there are no independent writings of that time to confirm the christian myth and that the Jesus figure was altered to agree with the attributes of the Sun and the dogma.

Christianity is a death cult constructed in order to keep a large amount of people in line and those who sell it, rich. The ingredients of fear, early childhood indoctrination, suppression and brainwashing are their weapons of choice.

At the end of the day, if you are a free thinking person, it's your choice. It's a choice between fear (religion) and love...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

I know when I practice archaeology here, nobody is looking over my shoulder to see how it relates back to the Old Testament.
Just sayin'...

You are most likely correct in this Johnny Canuck..particularly up in Canada. However..if you ever find an artifact like this one....of Historical/Biblical/Political significance...I am sure you will find yourself towing the company line or replaced rapidly. You will not be free to practice your discipline as with other artifacts.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

reply to post by ofhumandescent

Gnosis, Samael, the Zohar, the Bible, and Gnostic Scriptures

"Even when the Protestants assure us that Luther did the translation from the authentic original Greek, this is not so, because Martin Luther did not know Greek. Only we, the Gnostics, possess the original Greek texts of the sacred scriptures, within our holy Gnostic Church. The Bible is the sacred book of the Gnostics, and only the Gnostics can understand it.

"The Lutheran Bible is based on the works of St. Jerome, which are intentionally defective, since St. Jerome had to channel things according to the interests of Roman Catholicism (according to the orders received from Pope Danasos). St. Jerome was the true author of the Latin Vulgate." - The Seven Words by Samael Aun Weor

Everything you post is Gold!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by NOTurTypical

As far as I am aware there are no writtings from the time that Jesus was alive that mention him at all. They are all from decades later.

Not sure if this method of quoting is OK....I am sure the mods will correct me if I have done this wrong:

The following is from The Story of the Irish Race by Seumas MacManus.

...but, one time, his court was thrown into consternation by finding broad day suddenly turned into blackest night, the heavens rent by lightning, and the world rocked by thunder, portending some dread cataclysm. Conor asked his Druids and wise men for explanation of the fearful happening. The Druid Bachrach, a noted seer, told him that there had been in the East, in one of the many countries under the dominion of Rome, a singular man, more noble of character, more lofty of mind, and more beautiful of soul, than the world had ever before known, or ever again would know - a divine man, a God-man, who spent his life lifting up the lowly, and leading the ignorant to the light, and giving new hope to a hopeless world - one, too, who loved all mankind with a love that surpassed understanding - one, the touch of whose gentle hand gave speech to the dumb, sight to the blind, life to the dead. He was the noblest, greatest, most beautiful, most loving of men. And now the heavens and the earth were thrown into agony because on this day the tyrant Roman, jealous of his power over the people, had nailed him high upon a cross, and between two crucified thieves, had left the divine man to die a fearful death.

I always found this interesting as I came across it reading ancient histories of the Irish/Celt races. This was not a religious book but actually gave quite a few good historical accounts......take it as you will.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree with you 100%. Too much is made of the small crazy stuff and the simple truth is lost in the yammoring. I hoped to find GODS name for years then realized I knew it all along. It is not a spoken work but acts of loving kindness that speak his name.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
That one with metal holding it shut on all 4 sides looks creepy. I can understand both sides, but sealing the top and bottom too...
I just realized that to open the creepy one you have to break 7 seals. 2 top + 2 bottom + 3 side. Extra creepy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdb778da7864.jpg[/atsimg]

I bet those books were hidden for a good reason. You know someone is going to open it!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volund
That one with metal holding it shut on all 4 sides looks creepy. I can understand both sides, but sealing the top and bottom too...
I just realized that to open the creepy one you have to break 7 seals. 2 top + 2 bottom + 3 side. Extra creepy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdb778da7864.jpg[/atsimg]

I bet those books were hidden for a good reason. You know someone is going to open it!

Yeh, as i said on the other thread of mine, you are right.... 7 seals to keep the book locked up forever..... but..... its gonna be opened and read..... if this is the book which opens up a load of doom across the World then we are in trouble.... although at the present rate of disasters, this book must have already been read..... i saw some pages actually which were pretty worn out but i'm sure they have been read at least halfway.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Can you please post that video from your thread, I looked and didn't see it in this one.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

If this book symbolizes the breaking of the 7 seals... I don't think it means literally the breaking of the seals will be what helps aide the Rapture... but maybe that the fact that these books were found... through a sudden flash flood, shows the Earth is going through a bad change... it was hidden in a way that can only be found through disaster... Maybe the fact that they found it shows bad changes are underway? That the Earth is suffering and more disasters will happen?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volund

Can you please post that video from your thread, I looked and didn't see it in this one.

I only just saw your post..... here's the video

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
LongDead 33,

Christianity is a death cult constructed in order to keep a large amount of people in line and those who sell it, rich. The ingredients of fear, early childhood indoctrination, suppression and brainwashing are their weapons of choice.

At the end of the day, if you are a free thinking person, it's your choice. It's a choice between fear (religion) and love...

This is as dumb and ignorant as it gets Longdead 33. Your education or lack there of does not explain the dead inert economies of those under Communism not that many years back. You know...Communism..the anti God religious cult. Marx, Engels, and all the intelligences. The anti God system of Communism was heavy on Education, heavy on the religion of science ..yet they worked very hard to keep people in line and a few wealthy and living well off the labors of others. Only public education can dumb people down so far they forget this very recent history. What is the religion of the Anti God Atheist death cult Communists?? Please tell us that one...what the name of this religion is under the Communists??

How many people through out the world did the Communists Kill..not only in their own countries but others as well.?? Did they kill them in LOVE???

Please show me from the Word of God where it says that the purposes of Christianity is to keep people in line and kill off those who do not lock step?? Show me where this is an instruction of conduct for a Church to carry out?? It does not exist.

What you are attempting to describe is a type or variation of absolute power. This template is found in the Pagan nations and what they were attempting to do.

What we are having in the world today..is an attempt to return to Paganism and or absolute power. Much of Paganism today survives in the form of Occult religious practices. Hidden, concealed, and esoteric.
This is also a definition of Politics. Hidden, concealed, not spoken about to those they intend to control. A separate class carrying this out for their benefit. This is not a Christian Instruction.

Your education and knowledge are incomplete. You will not learn this pattern in public schools..they will avoid it assiduously/devoutly...while promoting the religion of Politics which pays for and finances public education.

So many on these types of threads are floating around in your same boat Longdead33. No Anchor.

What someone has done to you and so many others Longdead33 is sell you a bill of goods under wise men/gnostic education and yet ignored a whole other facet of History. A facet under which Christianity was downplayed and discouraged and Atheism and the religion of the State...Hegel..the state is god..was promoted. They totally ignored this history in order to get you under their control. You have fallen for the very thing you decry. You fall for it becuse your education and knowledge of history are incomplete. You are not free thinking.

They do not tell you how many the anti God Communists killed and destroyed in order to maintain their control.
They get a free pass..and you along with many others out here have taken a big bite out of it.

In the end it is a choice between the Truth and ignorance/darkness.

Thanks,
Orangetom

edit on 2-4-2011 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
we are in some intresting times

I must be far more evolved than most ats people online here. I for one do not seperate evolution and creationism. nor do I really separate science and religion, although I am more spiritual than religious.

My notes on big bang from science class

What is the currently accepted theory that explains the beginning of our universe.universe is expanding and moving away from another galaxy. Big bang theory. Thought universe was in steady state (eternal). Explains the start of universe. All space, matter, all energy did not always exist, but were brought into existence at a specific time. Whatever begins to exist has a caused. The universe began to exist. Therefore, the universe has a cause. The cause itself must be eternal. Must be eternal, immaterial, powerful.

Hoyle said to hubble “your nuts, like there was some big bang to start.

What is the most impressive piece of evidance that supports this theory. Universe appears to be expanding, background radiation.

In the end the entity that created our universe had to be eternal, always moving and all powerful. This is where my science class ended. Because the genra of study was becoming more theological than scienntifical.

The man who dare defied the big bang theory was a major atheist. Big bang theory supports a God. Who pushed out the energy? Creationism, is probably far more complex. I myself believe that Eden was a test ground in the middle east for paradise and we fail. In other words "other human beings were around the world at the same time as adam and eve" what makes the major difference is the "knowing of God" and the increase conciousness of mankind.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join