It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebel Council Forms Oil Company to Replace Qaddafi’s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Bloomberg Article

Firstly, I did a search, but did not find this posted, however, the date of the article is March 22.

Unlike the other uprisings in North Africa and the Middle East who were described as "leaderless" the situation in Libya appears to be very different. It is also the only nation where foreign involvement was deemed necessary, interesting "coincidence" if nothing else.

The Transitional National Council released a statement announcing the decision made at a March 19 meeting to establish the “Libyan Oil Company as supervisory authority on oil production and policies in the country, based temporarily in Benghazi, and the appointment of an interim director general” of the company.

It appears that the armed rebel group, excuse me, the "Transitional National Council" has made it a priority to get the oil flowing again, before the conflict has been resolved, mind you. This will ensure their financing, as well as stabilize the price of brent crude.

The Council also said it “designated the Central Bank of Benghazi as a monetary authority competent in monetary policies in Libya and the appointment of a governor to the Central Bank of Libya, with a temporary headquarters in Benghazi.”

The "Transitional National Council" has also found the time to create the new Central Bank of Libya, which will ensure that the frozen assets of the Qaddafi regime are clearly separate from the new oil profits and any international support aimed at toppling Qaddafi.

Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Qaddafi, however, the situation in Libya has far more shades of grey than a black/white "evil dictator killing peaceful civilians". This rebel group is armed with heavy artillery and machine guns, not banners and slogans.

the Billmeister

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
al qaida in charge!
there is no second line possible.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Interesting theory.
What observations (ideally with source material) would you recommend to help me delve deeper into this line of thought?

Thanks,

the Billmeister

join