It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP WANTED: $5000/day (Fukushima radiation detector)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Maybe all that lead in my system from growing up in a mining town will shield me from the radiation?

We used to say that Webb City was immune to tornados because of the updrafts from the mines. Tornados always seemed to leapfrog ol' Sucker Flats, and they would hit and miss around Webb City and Galena, but never strike in town.

Perhaps it has will have the same effect on Plutonium?

When I was 16, I was dating a girl from about 30 miles over, and the first time I met her mother, she said, "I knew it. 5 minutes with you, and I can already tell you have that 'Webb City Superhero complex.'" She said it laughing, and I still got to sleep with her daughter, so I didn't give it much thought, but later on in life, I realized my little town of 4000 people had NFL stars, Nascar drivers, famous actors and actresses, engineers, pretty much every state athletic record there is to hold, a top academic ranking in the U.S., a Little League World Series championship, and many other things that just seemed normal to us.

Just last summer a friend of mine was at a pool in L.A., met a pageant contestant dating a producer, started talking about his friend from Missouri, and lo and behold, she knew me! We used to pay her little brother to let us peep from his closet to her shower, LOL! When I got a little older, and moved out, we wound up having some wild party nights with her. Hollywood producers got nothing on us Webb City boys!

Complex? I dunno, but.................Bring on the Kryptonite....errrr Plutonium!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I wont the job!
all that money could pay for a good hospital.

as you wall along you can take years of your life as the rads climb.
get a Long stick with the meter on it.

I will still do it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I wont the job!
all that money could pay for a good hospital.

as you wall along you can take years of your life as the rads climb.
get a Long stick with the meter on it.

I will still do it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm not seeing anything on this. I would do it. It's not like I can find anything else to do in this economy. And I'm already in Japan right now. Sign me up.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Probable prerequisites:
1) speak and read japanese
2) relevant experience (radiation detection, nuclear reactor, utility company:in that order)
3) sign liability disclaimer indemnifying the utility from lawsuit
4) no family or heirs
5) terminal illness could replace #4 but not necessary otherwise.
6) hero mentality* or low IQ replacing #s 4 & 5 if no one signs up

*psychological profile (preemployment testing)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Finally found an article on this.
www.reuters.com...

They say you might only be able to work one day beore you reach the limit of radiation dosage, so when you look at it like that, its not so attractive anymore...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join