It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reply From RSPCA Regarding Circus Elephant Anne

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
After watching the vid of circus elephant Anne's miserable life at the hands of workers' supposed to be caring for the animals, I sent the vid to the RSPCA and demand they take action to remove all the animals and prosecute those responsible for the cruelty we all witnessed in the video.

I had a reply from the RSPCA today, and I thought I would share it with all the animal lovers on ATS:

Category : Animal in distress
YOU

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Hi there
Today I saw an extremely distressing video of an elephant called Anne who is being severely mistreated in a circus in our country. I demand that the RSPCA take action to have this poor animal removed from its cruel environment and begin criminal proceedings against the circus owners. The link to video evidence is above this message.
Please rescue this elephant, and the other animals in this circus, because it is said that the other animals ie, ponies and camels etc, are also being mistreated when they should be cared for. These animals should not be treated this way. Seeing this video upset me greatly, we need to put a stop to it asap.
Thank you.
Mrs C A Dolan
Sent 27/03/2011, 15:07:30
US

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are all deeply distressed at the footage provided by Animal Defenders International (ADI) at the weekend and have been inundated with calls and emails from the public wanting to know what the RSPCA is doing.

We are working in three areas. Firstly, we visited Anne yesterday with a vet to examine her and talk to her owners about the possibility of living out her last days in a sanctuary or safari park. In the meantime we will be monitoring Anne to ensure her safety and wellbeing.

Secondly, we have offered ADI our help and assistance in relation to any prosecution arising from their undercover footage.

Finally, the RSPCA has been campaigning for a ban on the use of wild animals in circuses for the past ten years under the Animal Welfare Act and the 1911 Protection of Animals Act. The government is due to make an announcement in the next month or so and we hope this evidence will show that only a ban on wild animals can prevent such acts from happening again. You can also play a part by lobbying your MP to ask Defra to bring in a ban. Further information can be obtained at www.politicalanimal.org.uk... and www.rspca.org.uk.

We would very much appreciate it if you could take the time to complete our Customer Satisfaction Survey and to let us know how you feel about the service you have received on this occasion. We always welcome feedback which allows us to address any of the services we provide. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Kind regards
RSPCA HQ Advice Team
Reply 29/03/2011, 11:19:28

I am hoping and praying that Anne and the other animals are removed as soon as possible.

I have already lobbied my MP quite a while back, but I shall be doing so again.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Very well done Dooby.

We honestly need more people like you, prepared to stand up for something and do something about it.

I applaud you for doing this.

VVV

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Good Job!
I hope the fact the RSPCA have been "innundated with letters" about this means something positive is done fo the poor elephant.
I am thinking prosecutions of those in the video for starters-the evidence of cruellty is plain to see.
Personally I would ship those responsible off to monsanto to be used as test subjects...

Good job Dooby

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Hi VVV

I feel a little relieved that the RSPCA are watching them closely while they attempt to talk the owners into giving Anne up. Let's hope it is soon

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Hi SS

I am certain that the people in the vid will be convicted, the evidence is there for all to see. The RSPCA are not easy to shake off once they get involved in a reported case, even if they have no physical evidence they will still go out to take a look for themselves.

Animals like Anne have no choice but to suffer in miserable silence at the hands of people like those in the video, just because they cannot tell us they are being mistreated and abused. They live their lives in despair and knowing only cruelty, I can't bear it

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Some good news-looks like Anne is going to be moved to Longleat safari park,and she will have her own enclosure specially built.

Yesterday Mrs Roberts(zoo owner), 72, said: ‘I hired the man. I’m responsible. I thought I was a good judge of character. I’m not.
I have completely lost all my faith in human beings. I hired him and I should not have done so.’
Mrs Roberts said she and her husband Bobby, 68, had been ‘vilified’ since the footage emerged and had received death threats.
Yesterday, as the Bobby Roberts Super Circus resumed its tour in Knutsford, Cheshire, 100 protesters gathered outside to express their disgust at Anne’s suffering.
It came as it was confirmed that 59-year-old Anne will see out the rest of her days at a purpose-built elephant enclosure at Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire. She will move within a week.
The decision was reached after an unprecedented coalition of animal welfare groups came together.
An independent vet gave the go-ahead for the Asian elephant to begin her 150-mile journey to the 900-acre estate.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Well the owner says she feels bad,but I cannot help thinking she should have thought more about putting an elephant in her circus in the first place.
The thug responsible should be charged,punished,then deported back to Romania IMO.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Check out Anne the elephant exploring her new home in Longleat:

Yesterday, she wolfed down two bales of hay, a small mountain of grain, dozens of apples, countless bananas (she prefers them lightly browned), bags of carrots and the odd handful of wine gums, all washed down with gallons of water — and still had room for her favourite snack of banana or jam sandwiches, on brown.
She has also enjoyed a 45-minute scrub-down courtesy of Longleat resident elephant keepers Andy and Ryan, two stiff blue scrubbing brushes, two huge yellow buckets of warm soapy water, a pressure hose and a constant battle with Anne’s very energetic trunk. Next on the agenda — after her promenade round her outer enclosure — is a frolic in her very own 40-ton sandpit (spraying sand over her head, neck and back), a cooling paddle in her shallow pond and a quick game of football with an enormous rubber tyre.
Indeed, despite her horrific ordeal, it’s hard to imagine her settling in better.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

How good is that?
A happy ending to a sad story for a change.

top topics

join