It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best/worst day of my life!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
August 6th, 2010 was the day my grandfather died from a stroke. August 6th, 2010 was the day I found out about my parents getting a divorce. August 6th 2010 was the day I got laid off from work. My grandpa dying and getting laid off from work threw me over the edge. I didn't know what to do anymore as I was already having a hard time. This threw me over the edge but a few hours later I'm sitting in my room crying because my grandpa is now gone and will never be here again. This is when I receive the news that my parents are getting divorced. They told they had miserable for ten years and they love eachother but they aren't in love. I said is there any difference between loving eachother and being in love? No answer from them. Told them that if they were that miserable they should have divorced 10 years earlier when they said they were going to.

A few days go by and we are at the funeral of my grandpa. My parents are acting like everything is ok which bothers me and confuses me. It confuses me because they are getting divorced but they are holding hands and hugging at the funeral.

We get back home and everything goes back to, well, normal for me since my parents were never home. Even though this divorce was tough and I'm still dealing with it, it is easy and hard to deal with. I am a lot happier now that I have realized how much happier my parents are. Divorced, my parents are are finLly happy again. I couldn't stand seeing them that miserable. Not only was I not surprised by the news of a divorce but I could see it coming.

This day was the best day of my life as it taught me tha lt could deal with anything that was thrown at me and be able to get through it. I am now more understanding of certain things in life. Certain things including "family" I still have my family but the only difference is that we are split up. Even though we are split up we are still alive and still see each other regularly.

August 6th 2010 was the day that I realized that I have more to live for than what is was living for. I realized that in order for me to move on and get over the issues that were going in my life I needed to occupy myself. I started working long hours and going to the gym when I was feeling down.

August 6th 2010 was the day that Changed my life in a very good way even though everything bad was happening to me. I realized that it is a little thing called and I just have to suck it ul and deal with it and move on. That's exactly what I did and I'm proud to say that I'm once again happy and living life like I should be.

I am also much happier just from seeing how happy my parents are now that they aren't miserable anymore.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It sounds like you have a good family. You are very fortunate. Family is the most important thing to me. We all have our ups and downs, but at the end of the day, we still have each other. I have found that outsiders that become good friends sometimes will try to take advantage of people with that good family ethic. But if you find one person that doesn't, that you can trust, it makes you more fortunate than almost everybody.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

I have yet to find an outsider that has not taken advantage of the amazing family that I have. I have only ever encountered one person that was good to me and my family and that person doesn't live here anymore so I have come to the realization that a good family is pretty much all you need. Because even your best friend will one day betray as it took ten years before my best friend left me to fend for myself and he was the one ended up in jail because drugs. I had to sell a lot of my stuff to pay for rent, my car, tv, phones, anything I could sell just to make and I eventually had to move to back in with my mom.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

edit on 29-3-2011 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/29/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
If you can not manage to post without profanity..

I suggest you don't post

Thank you

Semper

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Sorry about that. Intense conversating, wasn't paying attention.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

To me that means do what you will and do what is right regardles of common law.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

edit on 29-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Oh Jeez, fireworks as usual in the cudi thread.

Friends are actually pretty low on the list for survival (if required at all, providing you can fend for yourself), family is needed for you to survive up to a certain maturity, then they have no real use to your survival (providing you can fend for yourself).

So who ever dies around you, or who ever decides to marry or devorce has no impact on your survival depending you can fend for yourself.

So basically you go down to the basic human instinct for survival which is food water and shelter. In times that are hard emotions are put behind, and you run off instinct. When you are settled and you feel safe, you may then feel like mourning.

Btw Kid_cudi, are you still intending on been active inside your old threads? I asked a few questions in some which you don't seem to go back to, why ?

edit on 29-3-2011 by fill0000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fill0000

yes I still plan on being active in my old threads. I just haven't gone back to check them yet.

new topics

top topics

join