It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**End of days or just Y2K????**

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Realisticly what do you think will happen in 2012 (If we even make it till then) I belive there are to many things all happening in such a short time period for nothing to happen. I'm guessing we won't all die tradgic deaths but something big is almost a givein in my eyes. What do you think? (and if you have evedance please include it!
) Thanks

If you like this post please flag it or star me!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This has been covered countless times, you might want to do a search and read the other threads.

And, please, don't beg for stars and flags, it's beneath you and you're embarrassing yourself.

If you deserve stars and flags, you'll get them.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
No one knows if something will happen. No one knows what it will be if it ever happens.

I believe something is happening right now, and that it will peak on 21/12/12. I think that all of the world's turmoils right now are due to this mystical date, yet I can't prove it. It's just a matter of believing it or not.

I will star you, looks like you like that.

I feel generous today...sometimes you can't help yourself right?

edit on 29-3-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Considering that much around the 2012 hysteria is predicated upon a non-existent "prophecy" derived from spurious association between the Mayan creation myth and the assumed end of the Long Count Calendar's current cycle made by a seminar-having, book selling, "hidden-wisdom" sharing(for a or price) New Age guru with no archeological or sociological experience whatsoever...

Yeah.
Y2K.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
Considering that much around the 2012 hysteria is predicated upon a non-existent "prophecy" derived from spurious association between the Mayan creation myth and the assumed end of the Long Count Calendar's current cycle made by a seminar-having, book selling, "hidden-wisdom" sharing(for a or price) New Age guru with no archeological or sociological experience whatsoever...

Yeah.
Y2K.

Your statement about the "non-existent "prophecy"" is just false. Some prophecies are indeed based on the mayan calendar, how can they be non-existent. There are many other prophecies pointing towards 2011-2012, the end of the Long Count Calendar is just one of them. The Law of One is an extremely interesting book and the science behind it is amazing. A being named "RA", the same Egyptian god, supposedly contacted 4 people, and handed information to them. The being talks about how our universe works, how the dimensions co-exist, what is happening to our world...He made a prediction that, probably in 2011 (and he precises that this is a window of opportunity, from 2011 to 2013), humanity will engage in "The Harvest", which is a massive leap of consciousness. There are other prophecies, such as the Hopi. Saying 2012 is based on non-existent prophecies is just false, I hope it was not in your intention to lie.

And just so you know, these "new-age guru" would make more money working a regular job. Do you think they get rich selling books on 2012? That's their living, their full-time job, they have to buy food and shelter. This argument comes back every now and then and I just find it unthoughtful.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

I am not begging i have been putting that in all of my threads. It does help suprisingly.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I think there will just be mass suicide pacts around the world for nothing...

edit on 29-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Thank you!
I gave you one back for being nice

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

"Realisticly what do you think will happen in 2012"

I think that conspiracy and alternative sites will become so mainstream that it will be overrun by the facebook generation , Hang on maybe thats this year.If you want stars go outside at night and look up.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
reply to post by BrianDamage

I am not begging i have been putting that in all of my threads. It does help suprisingly.

Help with what?
Are you saving them all up so you can cash them in for a prize?

To get on topic, I personally think that nothing will happen to us.
The planets will become alligned again, then they'll go spinning off on their big orbits of the Sun again..

S&F

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Bug out kit... Just have one ready all the same. They are good for storms, earthquake, civil unrest and O maybe the "end of the world"

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

I still need to make one of those that could last me for awhile. The one i have now would only be good for about two days.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Upsize from a bag (BOB) to a car box trailer 6x4ft. I got about a years supplies all inclusive for a family of four and a dog. Plan plan plan and proceed !! Cant hurt having a little insurance !!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
My feeling is nothing will happen, there will be natural disasters, there will be wars, there will be flooding etc etc just as there is every year but the end of the Mayan calendar is just exactly that, then end of the calendar not the end of the world.

I think people need to put their rational head on when looking at things and get a little perspective, The Mayan calendar ends on the 22 of December 2012, which just coincidently happens to be the winter solstice the end of the Mayan year

Is it not possible for people to grasp the notion that some poor bugger was sat working out calender dates, got some 1000 years into the future and thought bugger it, that will do for now... If they were so prophetic why didn't they foresee their own collapse as a society circa 1300 AD?

It just seems to me that people want the end of the earth to come and look for any possibility to scream doom and gloom, just as they were all going on about Nostradamus and the prediction for the end of the world during 1999 and 2000, conveniently ignoring that Nostradamus had made predictions for way past that date.

Instead of making plans for the world dying how about making plans for the world living, I am sure it will be far more useful. And for the arguments that other cultures have predicted the end of the world for 2012, show me... I don't believe you, show me one other culture with historical records saying the world will end on the 22 of Dec 2012, there are none, just people trying to twist things and make them fit, it is really quite sad

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

There is nothing false in my statement. The Mayans never had or made any prophecy or prediction either regarding the end of the current long count cycle or the date 2012.
The "New Age Guru(not 'gurus')" I refer to is Jose Arguelles, who back in the late 70s-early 80s took the Mayan's creation myth, reworked it and then attached it to the end date of current cycle as a Mayan "prophecy".

Since that time many, many others, particularly in the last decade, have jumped on this bandwagon trumping up the original claims by Arguelles and creating more if their own. Others as well, not to be left off the gravy train, have taken other completely different myths and "prophecies" and attached these to the 2012 date when prior to there were no dates attached to then at all.

But believe what you like, I guess.
www.2012hoax.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Well put, though it's not even as if the calendar just "ends."
It is merely just the end of the current cycle. It no more "ends" than our Gregorian calendar does.
December 21st will come and go, and a new cycle begins.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
some people think 2012 will happen, they will sit in their house prepared, some believe it won't, they will go about their normal life. one thing is for certain it won't change life, but for some who realize the truth that day, many people's minds will open. they will have questions that need answers.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Y2K potentially may've been stopped because of all those tech guys working on it endlessly trying to stop it.
If no one did anything, who knows how it would've panned out.

But, I guess to your question - it'll probably be a non-event

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Good point about Y2K but if somthing were to happen in 2012 i doubt it would be something man made or stopable by people

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
reply to post by Gab1159

There is nothing false in my statement. The Mayans never had or made any prophecy or prediction either regarding the end of the current long count cycle or the date 2012.
The "New Age Guru(not 'gurus')" I refer to is Jose Arguelles, who back in the late 70s-early 80s took the Mayan's creation myth, reworked it and then attached it to the end date of current cycle as a Mayan "prophecy".

Since that time many, many others, particularly in the last decade, have jumped on this bandwagon trumping up the original claims by Arguelles and creating more if their own. Others as well, not to be left off the gravy train, have taken other completely different myths and "prophecies" and attached these to the 2012 date when prior to there were no dates attached to then at all.

But believe what you like, I guess.
www.2012hoax.org...

I see where you are going with this, but to claim that 2012 is a non-existent prophecy is, indeed, false. Your example is alright, even though I don't know Jose Arguelles. But just take my other example of The Law of One, which is entirely unrelated to the mayan calendar. It points towards 2011-2013. At the time it was written down, the mayan calendar was unknown to 99% of the people on Earth. Just this example proves 2012 isn't a non-existent prophecy. That's what I was pointing out.

People think the only thing associated with 2012 is the mayan calendar, which is not true. 2012 seems like a focal point to a lot of prophecies, and really, with everything happening right now in our world, be it of an economic nature, politics, geographic...2012 doesn't look THAT far-fetched. Of course, I'm not talking about an armagedon here, but about a massive change in society.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join