It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 42 disease clusters in 13 U.S. states identified - Green House - USATODAY.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Report: 42 disease clusters in 13 U.S. states identified - Green House - USATODAY.com

content.usatoday.com

"Communities all around the country struggle with unexplained epidemics of cancers, birth defects and neurological diseases," report co-author Gina Solomon, a senior scientist at the Naural Resources Defense Council, said in announcing the findings. "The faster we can identify such clusters, and the sooner we can figure out the causes, the better we can protect residents living in the affected communities."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Wow... So I wonder if any of this research will lead to court battles ala Erin brokavich?

I wonder if the folks dong this study end up safe in the end...

I know that in the sall town in Ohio i grew up in, we had an astounding rate of pancreatic cancer... I don't know many friends who have lost parents there that didn't die of pancreatic cancer...

Here's to these folks for doing these studies and getting the info out

content.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
hmmm maybe from all the nuclear testing the US government did decades ago? cesium 137, idodine whatever, plutonium had spread worldwide youk now, at least in the bomb tests done aboveground*

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am still trying to understand the disease i have. Sarcoidosis

There are three occupational clusters with it.

1 Firefighter/EMTs

2 People working in the medical field.

3 And US navy personal and Navy veterans.

And medical researchers still can not find a cause.

There are some that believe the medical researcher have found a cause but because it would cost hospitals and government a lot of money in benefits like Workman's comp and veterans service connected benefits that they do not want to come out with a cause.

By the way i have worked in all three fields, firefighter, medical field/EMT, and I am a US Navy veteran

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Yes it is an idiopathic disease and you see noncaseating granulomas on pathology. Idiopathic means there is no known cause.

new topics

top topics

join