It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folk You! Its Metal Too!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
First off if you don't even have the slightest clue just look up a band on youtube. ,I'm just interested to see how many people out there are interested in metal that expands its taste without the typical guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. It bores me after a while. How many people are there that have an eccentric underground taste? If you do, what are your top 5 or 10 bands in "weird" genres of metal. I'm asking this because i'm always on the hunt for the original bands that expand their boundaries. I'll even start it off with my top 5 or 10 "weird" in no particular order. It doesn't have to just be folk of course. Just anything out of the ordinary.

Korpiklaani
Falkenbach
Summoning
Dalriada
Heidevolk
Haggard
Devil in the Kitchen
The Great Kat
Cruachan
Kromlek

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by religiousmurder
...the typical guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. It bores me after a while.....

You might have been listening to the wrong metal

I've checked some of the bands you mention and... uhm... let's just say I listen to other metal

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong. I love metal in general. I just can't listen to the same genres over and over I crave expansion. the only thing i'm not really into is the core stuff and 99% of power metal. I'm a big sludge/stoner doom fan as well lately.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Sorry about the advert in the video.

It's guitar bass drums vocals but
JESUS it's good.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
great kat

edit on 29-3-2011 by religiousmurder because: fixed

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'll bite and share with you a band that I absolutely love, who change it up, with every new album they make.

ULVER - These guys are from Norway and not one of their albums sound remotely the same. They've done everything from contemporary to ambient black metal, to film scores.

Watch all three clips and you'll get a feel for just how diverse they are.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
another odd band

top topics

join