It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compass off in my iPhone 4 due to magnetic pole shift?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I've just noticed that the compass function in "Maps" is off by a significant amount. When I look at the map and then compare it to my actual physical location and direction, it is not accurate. When I bought my iPhone 4 in January the compass was accurate. Is that shift normal? Do I need to re-calibrate the unit?

Do other iPhone owners see the same thing? Maybe my unit is malfunctioning? If this is a common occurrence something is indeed happening to the magnetic poles.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This should sum it up for ya.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

IMHO the error is in the phone - not some mythical " pole shift " - i have no experience with ' iphone ' but every device i use that employs a similar " compass chip " has a ' recalibrate compass ' routine burried somewhere in the system tools

try searching through the toolbars - and look for " recalibrate compass " would be my first advice - my gear needs recalibrating pretty much every month - some of it every trip to ensure accuracy

i always double check with a sighting to a known landmark - and confirm it by either using a prismatic compass or map

and voila - i have never had anomolous compass readings - ps i also know the current magnetic offset for my area

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Please contribute to the ongoing discussion

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join