It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus Quatrain on the Japan Quake - Decoded

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

just think if you had a way to see the world from a time frame of the 1500 and you sat at river bank and seen one of these en.wikipedia.org... like this one en.wikipedia.org... and it blew how would you describe it?, and remember this is a time when saying any thing could get your head cut off, but you feel you must warn the present as well as the future people.

edit on 29-3-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9
My main interest on feedback right now is on the second Q I posted - the follow up that says Japan will be cut off from the rest of the Earth - but her children (who have arrows tipped with the 'Fire of the Gods') will be loosened. And that it will be centuries before she (Japan) recovers

Well, that's what you claim it means though it doesn't actually say any of that. What we're seeing here is the same as any Nostradamus evaluation: his quatrains are so vague and cryptic that nearly any event in any time can be applied to them. Even more so if we start replacing the letters in words like "hister". The quatrains have no predictive value, never make a straight and accurate call and only provide enthusiasts a vehicle with which to practice shoehorning.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

If this really is "decoding" decode something that has yet to happen.

Its just really flawed methodology to go backward and twist the quatrains to fit events that already have occurred and say "see? he was right."

If there really is something there, and decoding is actually what is happening, you should be able to use it predicatively.

And mind you Im not being hostile, just pointing out that the other guy is right, no one is using his work to predict anything. They are comparing every major event against them and anything even vaguely close is declared a match.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

well so high Tellement élevé is so high, i would like to know were you are or by witch copy you are reading the works from i can think of 42 that do not get it right, but who says any thing translated from 1500 is right, the man used 20 or so known text for his work Greek Latin french, english old and low as well as high.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Thier was no dragon* how could nostradmus confuse dragon with the ground shaking about? one thing i never understood about him..his words in labeling things. and how does this quadrant coincide with 2011?
i reead a book in bookstore once, early 90's about nostradamus. it had timetables of events supposed to happen. in 1989, california was suposed to break off via an enormous earthquake. they had 2 that year( my fatehrs mother lived in sacramento at the time, 7.8 on ricotr scale i belive). well CA is still thier.
he also mentions at 44 degrees lattitude, fire will fall from the sky chaos. how does one know its a nuclear bomb and correct time frame? to me, it sounds like people take the lines from nostradums, and put them into a current timeframe, to justify it.

The ancient Chinese thought that earthquakes were caused by a dragon (the winged giant snake of legend) flying into the sky (Lu, 1981).

The earliest seismoscope was invented by the Chinese philosopher Chang Heng in A.D. 132. This was a large urn on the outside of which were eight dragon heads facing the eight principal directions of the compass.

The previous idea of the serpent coiled round the earth is perhaps connected with a series of Japanese myths in which earthquakes are caused by serpents or dragons.
Dragon Quakes

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

according to your decoding, Japan could possibly have another tsunami? Would that also incinuate there may be another large quake to make this tsunami?
good thread thank you

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I've always wondered how people choose which words to invert, or replace, or have a different meaning. Seriously, every single one of these decodes requires substitution.

Is it john Hauge? I don't remember, the dude that's always wearing some hippy rasta hat on documentaries talking about 'damus. He's the worst as he'll use 1 quatrain for this, then on some other docu it will have different meaning.

hister is hitler, this word needs to be reversed, this letter gets dropped out.

Seriously, where is the chart that explains this? All I see are vague "predictions" then countless people modifying them to fit whatever they want.

Personally i don't believe, but I am open to the possibility, but for me to even approach it, someone needs to explain the substitution to me.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I can't believe that people still believe this Nostradamus guy. Sure he made predictions here and there but they were ones which anyone could have made. The main flaw around his predictions is that he doesn't state any specific dates and are all around the place not in any order - hence any of his hundreds of predictions could be interpreted in different ways.
You see I predict that Yellowstone will one day erupt causing millions to die - but if anyone came back to this post when it does erupt that doesn't mean "I predicted" Yellowstone would erupt and take half of America with it. Its just an inevitability...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Personally i don't believe, but I am open to the possibility, but for me to even approach it, someone needs to explain the substitution to me.

Because the quatrains don't "work" without a lot of shuffling, rearranging and substitution. It should be obvious that Nostradamus cannot "see the future", though for whatever reason people refuse to believe it and instead will go to great lengths to make his "predictions" seem valid. There also exists quite a bit of post hoc rationalizations and excuses for Nostradamus' shortcomings, some appearing in this very thread. It'd be best if people finally realized that this medieval Miss Cleo has little of value to offer anybody.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
and then there is this www.skepdic.com... from the link
L'an mil neuf cens nonante neuf sept mois
Du ciel viendra grand Roy deffrayeur
Resusciter le grand Roy d'Angoumois.*
Avant après Mars régner par bonheur.

The year 1999 seven months
From the sky will come the great King of Terror.
To resuscitate the great king of the Mongols. Before and after Mars reigns by good luck. (X.72)*
does this mean the destruction of the WTC? remember the calender was changed. and this is just one interpretation. so you see not all is the way it is. note the french translation is not word for word, from this one, so this too adds to the complication of translation. see this one www.propheties.it... from link
L'an mil neuf cens nonante neuf sept mois
Du ciel viendra un grand Roy deffraieur
Resusciter le grand Roy d Angolmois.
Avant apres Mars regner par bon heur.
-----
The year 1999, seventh month,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror:
To bring back to life the great King of the Mongols,
Before and after Mars to reign by good luck.
and then from my copy,
L'an mil neuf cent(1) nonante neuf sept mois
Du ciel viendra un grand Roi d'effrayeur(2)
Ressusciter(3) le grand Roi d'Angolmois
Avant apre`s Mars regner par bonheur.
note the differences in the words no two translations will match it depends on how one reads and spells, just my observation, and yes one needs to study this, for some it is just words for others it will tell you where we mankind will be. laugh if you must.

edit on 29-3-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
To resuscitate the great king of the Mongols. Before and after Mars reigns by good luck. (X.72)*
does this mean the destruction of the WTC? remember the calender was changed. and this is just one interpretation. so you see not all is the way it is.

No, it's not about WTC, and no "King Of Terror" arrived from the sky in July 1999 to resuscitate the Mongols, with Martian good luck.

This is yet another obvious Nostradamus failure.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

oh so the towers did not fall? The King of terror Osama bin laden, does not exist??? and bush did not sign into law the patriot act? ok if you say so.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

wrong interpretation of mars www.cafeastrology.com...
from the link,
Mars
Mars Symbol Glyph

Mars, the God of War, is the ruler of Aries. and the Bush astrologyweekly.com...
George W. Bush
George W. Bush astrology chart He was born on July 6, 1946, at 07:26 AM EDT, in New Heaven CT, USA.
www.astrology-online.com...
would you not say bush was a cancer and a crab? www.astrology-online.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Aresh Troxit

so you say this is not one of the 300 or so retyped works www.amazon.com... the book Nostradamus and His Prophecies [Paperback]
Edgar Leoni (Author) try again. www.skepticfiles.org... from link se if you can get the same from this From _Nostradanus and His Prophecies_ by Edgar Leoni. This book
contains the original French, English translations, commentary, etc.

Several days ago, some one claimed that quatrain X, verse 74 spelled
doom for CA. I'd like to know how!

ok translate.
and yes the web can be used just show the web sites.

I would like to know how they did that translation also!

I wanted to focus on the Japan Quatrains- as that is the subject of this Thread. But I have my notes in my head from my classes from the mid 90s and can run this by quickly.

Au revolu du grand nombre septiesme
Apparoistra au temps Ieux d’Hacatombe,
Non esloigné du grand eage milliesme,
Que les entres sortiront de leur tombe.

At the revolution of the Grand number Seven
Will appear at the time of the games of Hacatombe,
Close to the Millennia
When the buried will come out of the Tomb.

"The revolution of the grand number Seven"= Seven centuries from the writing of the quatrain.

"Will appear at the time of the games of Hacataombe"

Many relate the word 'Hecatomb' with Hekate- goddess of the Underworld.

I relate it to Hecatomnus - this was a family in Greece, the head of which, at the order of his sister/wife; Artemisia (AKA Wormwood) built the first Mausoleum.

This is the radioactive 'Tomb' build around Chernobyl (by order of Artemesia/Wormwood)

"Close to the Millennia" (another affirmation of 700 centuries from the writing of the Quatrain.

"these buried will come out of the Tomb."

The 'buried' being the radioactive life from the rods breaking out.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

oh so the towers did not fall? The King of terror Osama bin laden, does not exist??? and bush did not sign into law the patriot act? ok if you say so.

The towers did fall though the quatrain doesn't mention anything about it. The "king of terror" being Bin Laden is your interpretation, none of this happened in July 1999, and neither the Patriot Act or Bush is mentioned. Is there any quatrain that makes an accurate call and doesn't involve you or someone else's shoehorning of current events?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Ohhh nice decoding, I will do my own research on crosscheck with yours. You seem pretty Spot on so far, with the decoding that is.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

George W. Bush astrology chart He was born on July 6, 1946

So, you are actually trying to tell us all that "mars" in the quatrain REALLY means "George Bush", and you know this because of Bush's astrology chart. Oooo-kay.

Let's assume this is the case for the sake of argument. Now tell us why Nostradamus didn't just call him "Bush" instead of "Mars". Also, tell us why Bin Laden (King Of Terror) also wasn't named, nor was he identified by his astrological sign.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

does this mean the destruction of the WTC? remember the calender was changed. and this is just one interpretation. so you see not all is the way it is.

No, it's not about WTC, and no "King Of Terror" arrived from the sky in July 1999 to resuscitate the Mongols, with Martian good luck.

This is yet another obvious Nostradamus failure.

This was the Quatrain I usually started my classes with- because of the obvious errors in it.

one thousand nine hundred ninety-nine, September month.

By Nostradamus Calendar the 7th month was September- and by Calendar years 1999 would have been 2001.

Of Heaven will come the great King deffraieur

Dual meaning - 'from the sky' and also one whom is supposedly looked kindly on by God.
So this is a Great King - leader of a great nation- who is looked upon as God-chosen by some.

Deffraieur - Dual meaning, bringing terror and also destroying the 'fabric' of things.

Reviving the great King of Angolmois

Angol has nothing to do with the Mongolians. Angol Mois simply means the Angol People.
Anglo-People. The white race. In other words, to bring this terror / destruction to be the 'king of the white race'. To put them in subjection to Fear.

Before and after Mars to reign happily.

Mars is the God of War.

Make of it what you will.
I just know Osama was not the King of any Great Nation.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9
By Nostradamus Calendar the 7th month was September- and by Calendar years 1999 would have been 2001.

Yes, it's very clear. Also in this magical world "st" really means "tl".

In other words, his quatrains are malleable, meant to be bent and twisted and rearranged to match whatever event we feel we can apply to it. So they have zero accuracy at face value and are later assigned a level of accuracy ex post facto. A.k.a. shoehorning.

And let me guess. They had to be written this way, intentionally vague, because otherwise the king would rip his balls off for the crime of writing about earthquakes and terrorist attacks 500 years in his future.

My, the lengths we go to in order to preserve our irrational beliefs in magical thinking. While I freely admit your attempt to make a wildly inaccurate quatrain seem accurate displays a sharp creative prowess, I simply do not find the quatrain to have any accuracy even after your reinterpretation.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You have already made your feelings on Nostradamus perfectly clear- multiple posts ago.
At this point it is obvious that you are only trying to Troll this Thread into derailment and ruin it for those who are sincerely interested.

If your goal is to bash Nostradamus, why don't you go to the Alternative area, make your own thread and hack away at him with your dull cleaver?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join