It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flatwoods Monster real or hoax?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 43LEO729

Hi Leo

I think Lucy was the original Angry White Chick.

I am not a rabid defender of the theory that the two incidents are related. I am just sometimes intrigued by the similarities. I do believe that both incidents are genuine and cannot be explained away by conventional means. I also agree that there was a lot going on as far as UFO activity around the time of the Flatwoods incident. BTW, when looking up the author of the book you recommended I see that he was a guest at an event in 2008 called The Flatwoods Monster Meets Mothman along with Stanton Friedman and Freddie May. I would have LOVED to attend that.

Have you been to Braxton county? I think next time I am in W. VA I might swing by there. Not that there will be a lot to see almost 60 years after the event but it will be fun to check it out.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

I see your point (pun intended).

I did say SOME similarities. On the other hand what if the Flatwoods Monster was a winged being and the witnesses mistook the wings that might have been pulled back and held tight behind the head as a spade shape of the head (or cowling)? Again, I am not a rabid believer in the theory but I do see some similarities at times.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

This just dosen't sit right with me unless its head was spinning vertically.

According to the reports, this creature was huge, at least 10 feet tall. its face gave off a reddish glow, and its body was green in colour. Its head was shaped like a heart or Ace of Spades, and out of this strangely shaped head bulged non-human eyes. The body is described as being shaped similar to a mans and dressed in some sort of dark clothing resembling a skirt. Reports ranged from the creature having no visible arms to short, stubby arms ending in lo
ng claw-like fingers.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I live very close to Flatwoods about 35 minutes from the sighting area.The orbs that were reported to appear around the time of the sighting can still be seen today.They follow cars and have been seen by many respected people around here.I don't mean to tell ghost stories but it's true.On a sunday morning paper route I used to have.A motorcycle followed me a long way down a back road of farmers houses.As I reached the end of the road I noticed the motorcycle's headlight was red.It went straight up and I lost track of it.I never believed the Flatwoods tale untill then.

Edit-It was an orb i believe not a motorcycle,thats just what came to mind when seeing a single light vehicle in the rear veiw

edit on 31-3-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Dude, that is a creepy story.

Do you have any idea why it would follow you or if it wanted anything?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
I live very close to Flatwoods about 35 minutes from the sighting area.The orbs that were reported to appear around the time of the sighting can still be seen today.They follow cars and have been seen by many respected people around here.I don't mean to tell ghost stories but it's true.On a sunday morning paper route I used to have.A motorcycle followed me a long way down a back road of farmers houses.As I reached the end of the road I noticed the motorcycle's headlight was red.It went straight up and I lost track of it.I never believed the Flatwoods tale untill then.

Edit-It was an orb i believe not a motorcycle,thats just what came to mind when seeing a single light vehicle in the rear veiw

edit on 31-3-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

That is very creepy..I see orbs around my tree line alot bouncing around at night some are white and some are red ..If i saw that i would be a Flatwoods believer also and never go back there again just plain out of fear

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Hi angry

Thanks for the info on that 2008 event. No I havent been to Braxton County but I have been to Point Pleasant W.VA. My wife and I spent a weekend there back in the mid-eighties and I must say that area is very strange to say the least. We took the late John Keele's book with us as a tourist guide.
His book The Mothman Conspierices is full of valuable info. When you drive back into the area of the sightings you cant help but get a most uncomfortable feeling. He talked about a sighting in an abandoned factory building that was strangely eerie to be in on a bright summers day. He goes into great detail on the events that happened in that area. I must say that the movie version was nowhere near what the locals told him in his extensive interviews. The only thing credible from that film was the bridge falling into the Ohio River.As I indicated previously, the book is a great read on this phenom.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Thanks for the update, Dude.
I always wondered if there was
any additional activity.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I just saw this on monsterquest a few seconds ago. I remember hearing about this case some time ago, but I didn't know about ATS, so I couldn't look up any information. I'm really glad you posted this and personally, I think it could be a reptilian-like alien from what I saw on Monsterquest. I want to hear what the skeptics have to say about this case. S&F for you.

edit on 3-4-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensquad414
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I just saw this on monsterquest a few seconds ago. I remember hearing about this case some time ago, but I didn't know about ATS, so I couldn't look up any information. I'm really glad you posted this and personally, I think it could be a reptilian-like alien from what I saw on Monsterquest. I want to hear what the skeptics have to say about this case. S&F for you.

edit on 3-4-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

Thank you Greensquad414.. darn i missed it on Monsterquest one of my fav shows i bet it was a good one! So did Monsterquest think it was a reptilian-like alien ? what was there take on it? seems not to many are to interisted in this thread and its a shame its a chilling case to be sure..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I thought id bring this thread back to life its such a good one on the Flatwoods Monster they never closed the case on this one
Peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join