It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sheriff of the United States of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If the United States is going to be the world police as can be noted from most of recent history to be the case. These Re-neutered States of America have really lost our collective balls. We have a commander in chief that is some Harvard law review pencil neck geek boy, what the heck! We need a United States Sheriff of the world type of person. One that is at least elected as world police Sheriff and can be fired if he sucks at the job by a recall vote.

These United States are so deeply divided we need more than one leader for the various roles of government we have come to expect. We need a president who is a chief executive of USA-GOV Corp. We need a commander in chief who is Chief Security officer for USA-GOV Corp. Then we need a true advocate of the people. One that is the elected Sheriff of the United States of America. We the people.

The Sheriff's term would be 2 years. He would have to act only under a charter of the Congress which is the house of the people on a short leash. The war powers act would not of course be in force any longer since it was found in this future world to be unconstitutional and so void.

The USA-GOV Corp police agencies like the FBI, Homeland Security, the TSA and all of the rest with any police powers at all would become subordinate to the USA Sheriff's Department. Like in one of those movies where the FBI roll up to a crime scene and take it over from the local duly elected law of the land and common law sheriff.

This would work in reverse. The Sheriff of the United States of America would work for the people and the congress directly so he would because of this popular election on a short election cycle keep himself out of hot water with the voters. The current security apparatus operates too far from the people. The people I feel need a more popular support leader for the purpose of keeping the peace and keeping federal government operating in the direct interests of the people and not of the unelected corporations.

This would of course require a constitutional convention to get this added as part of the legal structure of the USA. This would also bring into review all other agencies not supported by the constitution. You can see how this whole idea could just open up a can of worms so to speak.

That is I guess one reason I like this idea. It makes people think that perhaps we need to return to the original vision of the founders as far as proper enumerations of powers and limited government.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That was way out there dude.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Thanks, that's what I was going for.

2nd

new topics

join